Keep Update 9/10/2004

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 9/10/2004

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:03 am

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Diablo wizard in a miracle cure!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Extra!

Welcome to the Back-to-School Edition of the Phrozen Keep Tattler-Tribune, a.k.a. the weekly update. In the USA millions of people are returning to the daily grind after three months of serious mod playing, which is for many no cause to celebrate. Nonetheless, our dauntless crew hasn't slowed down to take a breather; we have an interesting slate of releases to burn off any hours you don't already have committed.

Infinite Stash
Yohann's has updated his monumental PlugY, The Survival Kit add-in. Get v4.00 now! This is a major revision, with many more features such as additional character stats displayed, separate softcore and hardcore shared stashes, regenerated maps in single player...the list keeps growing. I can't say enough about how this changes the way we store and displose of items. Still only for Diablo II v1.10 (to the disappointment of Zy-El fans everywhere).

A New Host
We welcome Inazuma Ikari to our merry band. He has a new mod in development, Asid Rain: Inazuma's Wrath, which you can read about here and discuss here.

Mod Updates
Here are a pair of projects you can enjoy, just a short download away....
- Odin's Rune Mod beta v1.05 by Mishy23. Get it here and discuss it here.
- Hell's Revenge beta 5 by ShadowLord. Get it here and discuss it here.

Write the Freakin' Manual!
Let's face it: the worst part of mod making might well be documenting it! After 150 new levels and many new monsters, even the most verbose author must dread the deadly task of collecting the necessary information for a readme file. Magic Matze has bravely stepped to the fore to offer some assistance, with his new tool MDE (Mod Docu Easy). MDE is an Excel spreadsheet that looks through the level and monster files to build summaries of each monster in the game.

Track That Stat
This new tutorial by I_only_pressed_Esc will show you how to get a Magic Find display counter, using a charm-like inventory item. Although the sample described is for Magic Find, the method is extensible to all sorts of stats. Read about it here.

Interview With a Mapper
Onyx recently interviewed veteran map and mod maker Volf. Volf explains his interest in mapmaking, the disaster that canceled Volf's Mod and his new project A Pledge To Evil. Read it here.

Lottery? What Lottery?
Our very own spiritual leader Phrozen Heart takes the $20,000 prize this week in the PK:OT Lottery. With these winnings on top of previous scores, Phrozen can buy a stylish dhow and race Meshif in the Twin Seas Regatta. It's hard to believe this game isn't rigged, when the same names keep popping up winners all the time. How do they do it (inquiring minds want to know)?

That's all the news and contributed rumor for this week. Print this immediately, if you are overcome with a sudden urge to wrap fish or line your birdcage. (They don't call it yellow journalism for nothing!) Your ace reporter is out of the newsroom and off to the bar, gotta get that happy hour special before the posse catches up!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Duffanator

Re: Keep Update 9/10/2004

Post by Duffanator » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:42 am

They keep doing it caz they buy like 50 tickets each.
-Ðû££

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:25 pm

Not me which is why I'm surprised I won at all :)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Phrozen Heart" wrote:Not me which is why I'm surprised I won at all :)
*cough* liar *cough* ;)
Last edited by DeClineD on Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:48 pm

You can talk :roll: I remember the era known as the "Kardon Wars" ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:50 pm

Phrozen Heart" wrote:You can talk :roll: I remember the era known as the "Kardon Wars" ;)
LOL i do that too... but it was me who started it, won it and ended it ;)
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

Return to “Keep Updates”