Keep Update 9/24/2004

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 9/24/2004

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:13 am

After a double dose of Myhrginoc over the past couple of weeks, it's finally time to deal with that strange creature that hides in the corner all day, ie. your's truly. Just watched three TV commercials in a row for stomach acid, toenail fungus and depression drugs and they say the US overdoes the whole medication thing... ;)

SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Well after the various comments in the past regarding certain people winning the lottery week after week, apparently I'd just like to confirm the myth by announcing AdiTT's seventh overall win with a nice chunk of pocket change over at the PK:OT lottery. Think you've got the lucky touch to defeat this Bulgarian cyber-millionairess (sp?)? Run on over there and GET GAMBLING!!!! :D

DOCTOR, DOCTOR
Got a skill problem you just can't seem to get to work right? Have an awesomely feasible skill idea but have bugger all idea on how the mechanics of it would work? Do you just like the ego boost when someone mentions your name? Whatever your skill-based dilemma, our new resident Skill Clinician is here to help! After weeks of careful preparation, we finally let the Doc out of his crate and loose on the Phrozen Keep. You can find our latest guru in his very own weekly skill clinic where he'll be taking your questions and hopefully getting them answered each week. We decided to kick the whole thing off with a question from myself on how to implement a skill comparable to Morte's "Skull Mob" ability in the excellent game Planescape: Torment and I'm sure everyone will be impressed with his answer!

DEATH OF A DRAGON
Due to a number of buried bugs and technical troubles, hosted mod maker reiyo_oki decided to opt out of sending himself insane and leave the current Dragon's Uprising mod as it is with no further planned updates. Never fear however, he's not giving up by a long shot as he's using much of the working material for his next upcoming mod so stay tuned! For those of you interested in the current DU, he has just released the latest alpha version here :)

RISE OF AN EMPIRE?
Also in hosted news this week, ChaosEnergy releases ChaosEmpire 7.49, a slightly stripped down version of 7.50 alpha2. He figured why keep all the new goodies under wraps while he was busy with other stuff :) Read all about the new release in this thread

COMING...SOON!
Okay well forum moderator and hosted modder GuyAskingQuestion has finished the latest edition of his "The Second Coming" mod in the shape of version 2.07a. Now from what I understand it was going to be ready for this update but as I'm a bit early due to time restrictions tomorrow it looked like he was going to miss out on the promo for another week so I keep up with a solution. If I just tell you nice people that by going to this thread in the TSC forum you can keep an eye on what's going on with the new file yourself and everyone's happy ;)

VIDEO NASTY
After the "demise" of the highly anticipated mod by Volf entitled ummmm....welll..."Volf's Mod", fans rejoiced at the news of it's replacement "A Pledge To Evil". Well a few weeks back Volf and crew released a 3 minute (ish) demo trailer to give fans a taste of things to come but apparently until now he'd forgotten to mention it at the Keep. This should definately wet the public's appetite especially considering this is only a really early version with the tweaking and polishing of the final release so can you imagine the finished product? :)

NOT GOT A PERSONAL ASSISTANT?
Nice as it might be, most of us don't have an army of servants at our beck and call to cater to our every need so when releasing a mod, I'm afraid you have to do your own documention :( Until now! Well kinda. This week sees the v1.02 update of MagicMatze's "Mod Docu Easy" system which helps you assemble information and monsters and levels in an easily readable format for documentation and web site purposes. You can find MM's latest creation in our file center.

My sincere apologies for boring the crap out of everyone yet again but you got the point. I'm done.

:007:

[LATE ADDITION]

mishy23";p="193992" wrote:SHAMELESS PLUG

Hey I could use some publicity, I got my new forums open in non-hosted forums this week for Odin's Runword Mod, keep an eye out BIG changes coming soon.

-Mishy23
Phrozen Heart" wrote:Ah crap sorry, for some reason I was thinking we'd mentioned it last week :oops: Fixing that now...

O-H Odin's Runeword Mod Forum O-H
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:35 am

That lottery is mine I say! Having only bought 2 tickets I seriously doubt it though...

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Keep Update 9/24/2004

Post by mishy23 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:58 am

SHAMELESS PLUG

Hey I could use some publicity, I got my new forums open in non-hosted forums this week for Odin's Runword Mod, keep an eye out BIG changes coming soon.

-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:55 pm

[quote=godheadslament";p="193979"]That lottery is mine I say! Having only bought 2 tickets I seriously doubt it though...[/quote]
Ya never know, people have won with less before :D

[quote=mishy23";p="193992"]SHAMELESS PLUG

-Mishy23[/quote]
Ah crap sorry, for some reason I was thinking we'd mentioned it last week :oops: Fixing that now...

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:39 pm

Thanks a ton Phrozen, and no worries! :D :D :D

-mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:19 pm

[quote=godheadslament";p="193979"]
That lottery is mine I say! Having only bought 2 tickets I seriously doubt it though...
[/quote]

Like the main man already said:
[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="194034"]
Ya never know, people have won with less before :D
[/quote]

But it's still mine :twisted:
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 pm

Well let's make this weeks lottery interesting, just doubled the base prize pool from $2500 to $5000 8-O so have fun :mrgreen:
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:32 am

[quote=Adria_the_witch";p="194053"]But it's still mine :twisted:[/quote]
Guess she was right, Adi wins again ;)

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:50 am

Damn you's! *shakes fist* Lol. Way to go though. I wish I had enough cash to buy more than 11 tickets lol.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:16 pm

Well ssjchris bought around 300 and still got blasted :lol:

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:29 pm

How many was sold this time? I only bought 200 i think...
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:37 pm

1100ish :roll:

spin
Retired Admin
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by spin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:33 pm

I only bought 200 i think...
"only" he says, "only"!

*sighs* ;)
zomg, no more sites!

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:39 pm

Well at least that can't happen this week ;)

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:19 am

:lol:
I had about 180 tickets.
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Return to “Keep Updates”