Keep Update 11/19/2004

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 11/19/2004

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:34 am

Welcome to the Holiday Season Opening Edition of the Phrozen Keep News! Here in the US we stuff ourselves with Thanksgiving goodies in honor of a legendary feast. (And that is just practice for Christmas.) Those festivities were to celebrate aid from the locals to some early settlers, and to offer blessings for said locals not telling them to turn their boats back. History shows quite definitely who got the short end of the wishbone. But for many many years we have used this time of year to participate in the even older tradition of laughing our way through the darkest season. And another timely event was last Wednesday's anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, when some of us were on good behavior. With those historical (hysterical?) moments duly noted, on to the new stuff!

Double Whammy And More
- Hades was a busy modder this last week. He provided us with two updates to his Underworld Mod: a bug fix for v2.4 bug fix followed quickly by v2.5.
- Meanwhile I_Burner gives us patch 1.01 (alpha) of the Genesis Mod, hosted at Charsi's Forge.
- And here you can get the Fight to Survive update 001 by I_only_pressed_Esc.

Something for Your Treasure Chest
I_only_pressed_Esc also sent up an assortment of item graphics, which you can get here. It is a huge collection (705 images), but some assembly is required!

Plugins to Help You Sweep
Margaret Hamilton could not have said it better! We have a new version of Yohann's ever-popular PlugY: The Survival Kit, now at v4.02. Yohann just keeps on cranking! Meanwhile, down at the ranch you can find a whole corral of D2Mod System plugins at our new File Center D2Mod Page! Just what you need when Andariel comes up to you and says, "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"

The Magician's Other Trick
Here is an update of a classic tutorial, Spawning the Butcher (v 2.0) for D2X 1.10. Nefarius is your wizardly instructor for this seminar on adding a new monster into the game.

A Tool Chest Is a Treasure Chest
...and we have for you a couple of drop-forged specials to keep you tinkering into the wee hours.
- Unique Editor v0.3.1 Beta by Defilus. Get it here.
- AFJ Sheet Editor v0.61b by afj666. Get it here. Somehow we missed this one on previous updates; our humble apologies!

PK:OT News
- Volf wins $23K in lottery jackpot, see our Winners page. Volf is working on his frequent winner points, but he is still just an ordinary lucky stiff in this crowd!
- New lottery has no base prize pool and $1K per ticket but no ticket limit. Play for yourself!

That's it for this update. May your holiday season be happy and fruitful...and you eat too much, then a few hours of iron man playing will help you fuhgeddaboudit for a while! (And if you were really bored by all the above, look for the hidden links!)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Keep Updates”