Keep Update 01/14/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 01/14/2005

Post by onyx » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:35 pm

This is my first update for the year 2005, so I'd like to use this opportunity to wish everyone a great new year. Let all your dreams come true in 2005! :) This said, I'll proceed with the news for the week, here they are:

:1st: THE (UN)USUAL SUSPECTS
Starting off with the OT Lottery news. This week we have a new winner there, which is news by itself. Hades managed to sneak between the regular winners and to steal this week's pot of $21000. Hope he spends it on something worthy ;) Next week's lottery is Beginner's Luck, with a ticket worth of $100 and a base pool of $20000, which made even me buy a ticket for the first time. Don't be surprised if you see my name in the winner's list next week! :)

:morning: THE GREAT AWAKENING
Diabolic Cartography has been dormant for more than 2 months, but finally, there is a new plugin to offer. The site got updated with a new Lut Gholein plugin by Caela. It rearranges the Act 2 desert town so you won't recognize it, but the best thing is that it adds some new stuff in it, like more plants, fountains and camels. Yes, camels! What is a desert town without camels? Is your Lut Gholein still lacking them? Go get the plugin from Diabolic Cartography then!

:snore: THE EVEN GREATER AWAKENING
Incandescence? What was this? Ah yes, the site for Diablo and Hellfire plugins, remember? If you thought that Diabolic Cartography has not received an update for a long time, check this: Incandescence was not updated for nearly 5 months! There has been a request on the forums for the Hellfire Monk graphics and I remembered that long ago, there was such a plugin on Incandescence, but it was lost after the Phrozen Keep moved back to Planet Diablo. Thankfully, Kingpin has kept a backup of the plugin, so it's now available for download again ;)

:loop: IT'S NEVER ENOUGH
Infinitum got updated once again by Phrozen Heart. Even after the huge birthday update less than a month ago, even when you thought there simply isn't anything new to add, he has 2 new plugins to offer. I hope you will like the Gnoll Slasher with Sword and the Yuan-ti Elite with Bow. But wait, there is more! Phrozen Heart compiled 6 new Baldur's Gate 2 sound packs, which are available for download at Infinitum. What are you waiting for? Go!

:eyecrazy: UPDATE INSANITY
Staying on the same subject, the forum of Pagan Heart, the project of Phrozen Heart and Pagan Rainfall that demonstrates most of the Infinitum monsters, is quite crowded. The mod is speeding up fast and many people play it. But to keep people's interest, a mod should be updated frequently. Well, guess the two modmakers take the word "frequently" too serious, as they released 3 updates this week only. First, it was 0.79b, then 0.80b, and finally - 0.81b. You can find all the details about what's new and what's fixed, as well as all patches download links in this thread.

:turnevil: A NEW DRAGON IS BORN
Another one of the hosted mods got updated this week. Dragons' Uprising 1.01b is now available for download. It features many new skills, bugfixes, updated .dll plugins and so on. I suspect it features dragons too ;) Download the mod and see if I'm wrong. But, you can see what's new and shiny in the last version here first.

:mope: LONELY?
And one more mod update - Sardius has released a solo version of his mod Hell Unleashed v1.08F. The mod is rebalanced so it can be played on Single Player, because the original mod is too hard for one character to handle. So now you don't have to wait for your mates to appear in order to play the giant Hell Unleashed mod, you can start slaying them beasts by yourself! Download the mod here.

:victory: DOUBLE EVERYTHING!
A new cube plugin has been created by tk_incorperate. It's so simple - put an item in the cube, press Transmute and you will have 2 pieces of the same item! Isn't it great? Now you can fill those stashes and inventories with whatever you want. Of course, you need to find it first ;) But anyway, get the plugin before you find your dream items, so you'll be prepared.

:sword: UNIQUE MANIA
User TalonRage has made a nice new plugin, which adds uniques to your mod. Right now, the plugin contains hundreds of new unique items, with the estimated number to become around 1300! Instead of wondering what stats to put on every unique item that you create, you can simply use this plugin and the items that TalonRage has made for you. Grab your copy right now!

:peepwall: TIME FOR A NEW LOOK
Tired of the same Rogue Encampment again and again and again...? Of course you are. Sometimes I feel like I know every little stone in the grass and every scratch on the fence. Not with Volf's new plugin. Well, the little stones might still be there, but the fence is completely redone to give the camp a new look. The plugin is not available yet on Diabolic Cartography, but you can still get it here.

:zap: ZERO RESISTANCE
Last, but not least, we have one new tutorial. Char wrote the explanation of how to make the unique helm Goetterdaemmerung (I hope I got the spelling right) from Diablo in Diablo 2. I know I'll use it in my mod and I think it won't be me only. So if you want to know the secrets that Char shares, read the tutorial and try it by yourself.

Whew! It was a big one this week. Hope you are all content of the news and you have enough to keep you busy until the next update. I'm out to... whatever...

:devilsmoke:
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Keep Update 01/14/2005

Post by Hades » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:03 pm

Yeah,about time I won the lottery heh heh.I have a long reach from my abode in hell lol.Time for a string of wins I think heh heh.
Hey onyx good luck on trying to win,.....I feel too lucky to lose again ;)
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Return to “Keep Updates”