Keep Update 04/01/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 04/01/2005

Post by onyx » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:34 am

Hello everybody! This week sees the greatest update of the Phrozen Keep ever and I'm proud to be my turn to present it. The update features news about the long-awaited mods Dark Alliance, Shadow Empires, the resurecting of Ancients and rumors about a version of Zy-El for 1.10! And as there are lots of news, let's get to it straight:

:help: IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?
Our resident skill guru Skill Clinician has been busy with different stuff, so he isn't as active as he is supposed to be. That's why the Skill Clinic forum has gone public! You can post your skill-related questions there and get an answer either from Skill Clinician, either from one of the other skill gurus in the Phrozen Keep, and as you know, there are plenty of them around :) Read the announcement here.

:read: READING IS THE KEY
Due to a critical bug, the Books in the recently released Back to Hellfire mod by yours truly were unreadable :( The players were having hard time fighting the monsters without any skills. Fear not, I didn't forget you! I have released a small patch to upgrade the beta to 2.01, which fixes the Book problem, as well as some other minor issues. Now all you have to wish for is to find the Books you need ;)

:eyes: MAPPING RAMPAGE
This week has seen a giant update to Diabolic Cartography, posted again by me :P The site has a new location, it's design has been slightly reworked and six new map plugins have been posted. Hope the new layout will make it easier for the modmakers to browse and find what they look for. One new plugin by Xenast and five by ShamanKing are awaitng you on the site.

:burn: BEAUTIFICATION
Another hosted site, Inventharia, has been updated too and once again by me (you can't really tell that I was active this week, can you?). A gigantic item graphics pack by taarna23 has been posted there. It took hell long time to create the gallery image for it, but the end result is worth it. Taarna23 gathered some outstanding item graphics, go check them out! You won't regret it ;)

:scary: INFINITE UPDATES?
Now that I'm finished with "my" stuff for this week, it's time for our leader Phrozen Heart to step on the scene. First, he has updated Infinitum, like he does almost every week. I wonder when the resources in the Infinity Engine games will end up... he always finds something new to add for your modding pleasure. Anyway, the following plugins were added this week: .gifs and .dcc for Wylfdene, Barbarian Shaman 2 and The Seer and seven sound packs from Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter.

:thumb: INFINITE UPDATES? AGAIN?
Can you guess what's the second news item involving Phrozen Heart? Yes, you guessed right, it's the Pagan Heart mod by him and Pagan Rainfall :) The mod has been updated to version 0.92b and has some cool new features and a number of bugfixes. You can read the full log in the update thread of Pagan Heart.

:alert: BUG CHASIN'
As most of you know, PlugY 5 has been finally released last week and supports both 1.09 and 1.10 mods. Well, Yohann found some bugs in the plugin, so this week he was releasing updates as fast as a machinegun. PlugY's current version is now 5.03. You can download it here.

:loop: REQUIREMENTS DISPLAY
One plugin for the D2Mod system has been released by co-admin Myhrginoc. The plugin is called D2Mod Skill Prerequisites Plugin and it let's you display the stat prerequisites for a skill and how many skill points are required to learn the first or gain the next level of the skill. Great stuff! :)

:evilbun: ELEMENTALISM
TrueMage has updated his Battle for Elements mod to version 1.03. The patch fixes several bugs and also adds some new features. Version 1.02 is required in order to upgrade to 1.03. Get the patch here.

:growl: THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
The nearly 200 MB mod by Sardius called Hell Unleashed was updated to version 1.11. Both solo and multiplayer editions are available for download. Get the solo version here and the multiplayer one here.

:bravo: ...IN THE RICHMEN'S WORLD
The OT Lottery once again did a full circle and the new winner was announced. This time it's AdiTT... I'm joking ;) This time it's Ishamael who wins his second jackpot and puts a good sum of 63000 OT dollars in his pocket. If you want to be the next one who's money will be stolen, go buy a ticket. And if you want to see the usual suspects (those who will steal your money), click here. Don't say that I didn't warn you! :)

I'm done with the update for now, expect more next week ;)

Oh, and by the way, what I said in the beginning about Dark Alliance, Shadow Empires, Ancients and Zy-El was a joke. Just in case you didn't figure it out.

APRIL FOOLS! :silly:

*onyx runs away from the mad players trying to strangle him for the bad joke*
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Nacnud

Re: Keep Update 04/01/2005

Post by Nacnud » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:38 pm

AaaaaH April fool, you got me good I was getting ready for some serious downloading!! :oops:

ssjchris_29

Post by ssjchris_29 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:27 pm

hey, dont knock Zy-El - Kato has posted recently and is still planning on Zy-El 4.0 (being renamed to Myrada) he just needs time to do it

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:43 pm

LOL I was just waiting for someone else to say that.
Yeah Onyx almost got me too.
Whatever

Return to “Keep Updates”