Keep Update 04/14/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 04/14/2005

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:07 am

We have come around full circle, and again I am your host for the Weekly Update. And a lot has happened in the last few days!

He-e-e-e-e's Back!
We are pleased as punch to announce the surprise return of Zhoulomcrist to the Zone. CryptForge was an innovative mod that pioneered using Prime Evils themselves as player characters. A lot of work went into the betas, but then Real Life struck and we lost an ace modder for quite a while. Now he's lean, he's mean, and really keen on developing CryptForge to its potential and our pleasure.

All the Pretty Colors
Our own God of Tools weighs in with a massive utility and tutorial for manipulating colors in PlaneScape: Torment animations. While not strictly a Diablo II endeavor, we have been known to import many creatures from other realms. Between running a household and 2AM feedings, where does he find the energy?

Apocalypse Now
Our prolific modder Hades has released another 0.44 magnum opus: the Apocalypse Mod, currently v0.05 beta. Read about it here, there are many many changes. Download the music version or the non-music version, but be prepared for a big package either way.

Underworld Lite
Did we say prolific? Hades drives home the point with a non-music version of Hades Underworld v2.9. Get it here. This man has more mods in play than most of us have time to play mods.

Mystical Geographic
It is mapping week at our allied sites. Diabolic Cartography presents a new version of Harrogath by Xenast, while Phrozen Heart raises the bar substantially at Infinitum with no less than twelve map rips from BG2. And Hades weighs in with a new version of Duriel's Chamber. This is a timely addition, because...

Plugins Everywhere!
Three plugins from RicFaith, many from talonrage and two from myself make quite a selection indeed!
- Ric astounds us all with an awesome plugin allowing up to 112 waypoints for all those maps you got at Diabolic Cartography and Infinitum! Get the Waypoint Plugin v1.0 from our File Center, or read up on the details here.
- We dropped the ball a bit earlier in not getting a couple of earlier updated releases into our File Center. So a belated announcement for Ric's Char Start Plugin v1.0 and Kill Counter Plugin v1.0, which are now properly hosted. And read about the Char Start and Kill Counter plugins following these links.
- the ever-prolific talonrage continues his txt file series with Talonrage General Skills Plugin v1.0. If that is not enough, he has also updated four of his earlier plugins and compiled a full collection to v2.1. Find out more about these goodies at his Requiem of Sorrow website.
- Have you ever wanted more hireling types in your mod? Get the Hireling Descriptions Plugin and put the spice of life into the D2 employment offices. You can read about it here.
- The Code Lab has been busy this week, in addition to the above plugin I have released v2.01 of the Skill Prerequisites Plugin. Or go here for the details.

Speed Demon
GuyAskingQuestion wants to know if you are ready to go straight to Hell. Figuring you might answer "yes," he greases the skids for you with Rapid D2 v1.0, a combination power-up and drop mod.

Lotto Ditto
Ishamael wins another $19,000 in the PK:OT Lottery. This is his third out of the last six, so inquiring minds want to know. Has he figured out AdiTT's method??? Don't let this fiendish cabal dominate the scene, try your fortune now!

And now, after much exhaustion, I return you to our regular activities.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Keep Update 04/14/2005

Post by Hades » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:00 pm

What?Did I miss the news deadline?I posted all my updates,plugin,and me new mod Apocalypse yesterday...did I get shooved under the rug?I'm so insulted Myhrginoc... :cry:
Nah I'm just kidding ,kind of figured I missed the news deadline anywyays lol.Guess I'll see my name in the news next week he hheh.. ;)
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:07 pm

Crap, Myhrginoc he's on to us!

*runs and hides*

;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:07 am

Mea maximus culpa! 8-O :cry: [memo to self: check Member Announcements when writing up the news] I was a day earlier than usual.

Your mod and mod update are added to this week's news, but please check your link to the Duriel plugin. I would have added it too, except the link didn't work for me.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:31 am

Mea maximus culpa! icon_eek.gif icon_cry.gif [memo to self: check Member Announcements when writing up the news] I was a day earlier than usual.

Your mod and mod update are added to this week's news, but please check your link to the Duriel plugin. I would have added it too, except the link didn't work for me.
And I forgot to add it, then I come across those links yesterday :oops:

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:39 am

Oh jeez you added em in,heh heh thnx Myhr but I was only joking bud.I was perfectly happy with it next week or whenever. ;) By no means was I complaining bud... ;)
nuff said
Hades
on a side note I'll check that link btw
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:40 am

Myhrginoc";p="220689" wrote:Your mod and mod update are added to this week's news, but please check your link to the Duriel plugin. I would have added it too, except the link didn't work for me.
Just added the correct one to the thread :)
kingpin";p="220694" wrote:And I forgot to add it, then I come across those links yesterday :oops:
We're all guilty bud but at least Myhrginoc rectified it now ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:50 am

Hades";p="220696" wrote:Oh jeez you added em in,heh heh thnx Myhr but I was only joking bud.I was perfectly happy with it next week or whenever. ;) By no means was I complaining bud... ;)
No problems! I should have cast an eyeball in the forum, and it is a useful reminder. But I didn't realize I was becoming the Pied Piper of Error...
:twisted:

Duriel Chamber link and bulletin added. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

Return to “Keep Updates”