Keep Update 05/05/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 05/05/2005

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu May 05, 2005 1:59 pm

In an effort to spare everyone from reading this mindless babble through a post-Cinco de Mayo hangover, you're getting the news early this week. Aren't I just that considerate? ;)

Now I could do the whole historical CdM (for short) blurb about Puebla and the French army but everyone who cares already knows that stuff so I won't. On the other hand, how many people remember that the 5th of May also marks the death of Napoleon Bonaparte (1821), the British, French and Americans' ending their occupation of post-WWII West Germany (1955) and the first American travelling into space (1961)? :D Anyway, on with the show...

FORCE OF NATURE
TrueMage is at it again with his Battle for Elements mod, releasing v1.05 to his adoring public. Grab yourself a copy right...about...HERE :)

CONNECT THE DOTS
Don't you just get that warm fuzzy feeling when you spend hours laboring over a single modding problem only to discover someone released a plugin for your exact problem the previous day? Well here's that opportunity of total disbelief once again with this week's round of plugins:

- D2Mod Kill Counter Plugin v1.1 by RicFaith (Link)
- D2Mod Waypoint Plugin v1.31 by RicFaith (Link)
- Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel by Yohann (Link)
- Yanou's Act3 Plugin v1.0 by Yanou (Link)
- D2Mod No Sock Plugin by Havvoric (Link)
- PlugY, The Survival Kit v5.05 by Yohann (Link)

WISDOM OF THE SCOTS (1.10)
After returning from his modding hiatus I_only_pressed_Esc has decided to put back into the community once again with two new tutorials for the "graphically impaired" out there :D

- Creating Custom Loading Videos by I_only_pressed_Esc (Link)
- Creating A Custom Health/Mana bubble by I_only_pressed_Esc (Link)

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND
Amid rumors of unholy pacts with the forces of evil, PK:OT multi-millionnaire Little Eddie takes his third jackot in the last eight weeks. Conspiracy you ask? I do have my suspicions...

Think YOU can unseat the big spender?

HEAR YE AND BE JUDGED...
Just when you thought it was safe to go near your monitor again, mod review Maxx Power comes crashing back onto the scene like a bull in a china shop. I should probably of actually read the reviews prior to commenting on Maxx's "style" but he's usually thorough, fair and (sometimes brutally) to-the-point so I'm sure they'll making interesting reading to say the least ;)

- Blackened Beta 3 reviewed by Maxx Power (Link)
- Back to Hellfire Beta 2 reviewed by Maxx Power (Link)

HEARTBREAK HOTEL
Probably should of taken the selfish opportunity and posted this higher up in the news but ah well I forgot. Anyway, the latest patch of the Pagan Heart mod by myself and Pagan Rainfall was released this week so grab v0.95b and join the others currently beating their own skulls into a bloody pulp trying to figure out all 50 new rune words :D

Short. Mindless. Finished.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

I_only_pressed_Esc
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Keep Update 05/05/2005

Post by I_only_pressed_Esc » Thu May 05, 2005 6:33 pm

I was so glad to see 2 mod reviews in this weeks update :D

I was just looking at the "dated" reviews and was about to complain about a lack of recent ones. :!:

Same kinda goes for interviews, I don't know about others but it's nice to know something about who provides for the community. :)
WISDOM OF THE SCOTS
Isn't there much other picts in "this" world.............. I can say I have only ever noticed possibly 2 with the "saltire" for flags in posts. Maybe they don't use the national and opt for the union jack. :!: :!: :!:

Anyhoo, :D :D :D thank you for that Phrozen.
Custom health-mana bubbles. Custom loading video's. Custom Hireling graphics.
'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law'

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu May 05, 2005 6:48 pm

I_only_pressed_Esc";p="223153" wrote:I was so glad to see 2 mod reviews in this weeks update :D

I was just looking at the "dated" reviews and was about to complain about a lack of recent ones. :!:

Same kinda goes for interviews, I don't know about others but it's nice to know something about who provides for the community. :)
I believe ir was Onyx that prodded Maxx into action so you'd better thank him :D
I_only_pressed_Esc";p="223153" wrote:
WISDOM OF THE SCOTS
Isn't there much other picts in "this" world.............. I can say I have only ever noticed possibly 2 with the "saltire" for flags in posts. Maybe they don't use the national and opt for the union jack. :!: :!: :!:

Anyhoo, :D :D :D thank you for that Phrozen.
Wow I almost had to think there for a sec ;) If anyone else is wondering what he's talking about, the Picts and the Scots were the two groups/peoples who joined to form (what eventually became) Scotland and the "Saltire" (I think) is St Andrew's Cross with St Andrew being the patron saint of Scotland and his cross being the national flag of Scotland which also makes up the blue and some of the white in the Union Jack (the collective British flag) :D

I_only_pressed_Esc
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by I_only_pressed_Esc » Thu May 05, 2005 7:23 pm

I believe ir was Onyx that prodded Maxx into action so you'd better thank him
Thanks Onyx :D
Wow I almost had to think there for a sec If anyone else is wondering what he's talking about, the Picts and the Scots were the two groups/peoples who joined to form (what eventually became) Scotland and the "Saltire" (I think) is St Andrew's Cross with St Andrew being the patron saint of Scotland and his cross being the national flag of Scotland which also makes up the blue and some of the white in the Union Jack (the collective British flag)
Well, Picts were the "first" kind of people in Scotland but I think your needing a little history lesson regarding the "fiery" people. ;)
You English :!: ;)

Your reference on the flag thing is quite nearly correct but I will leave it at that. :)

All the same, a little bit of a history lesson for non UK people. :D

Yawn, History, Boring. ;)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu May 05, 2005 7:31 pm

Hey I was close ;) All I really remember about the Picts is that the Romans kept trying to defeat them and repeatedly got their posteriors handed to them :D

I_only_pressed_Esc
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by I_only_pressed_Esc » Thu May 05, 2005 9:22 pm

Yeah, the picts were strange and covered in graphics, strangely this could be why I referenced them. :?: Weird :crazyeyes:

Return to “Keep Updates”