Keep Update 05/27/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 05/27/2005

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat May 28, 2005 2:17 am

Welcome to the Memorial Day Edition of the Phrozen Keep News. In the United States, we set aside a day to pause and reflect on those people who, by heroism or misfortune, gave their lives so we can enjoy the freedoms we are accustomed to. The Keep membership is a collection of individuals from many different countries, and we honor the valor of their fallen as well (albeit at the wrong time of year, perhaps). By the efforts of those who have championed a free and empowered citizenry, we are able to play the game and its mods, run this forum, and share our experiences and ideas.

We Have a Winnah!
Five people participated in our Unique Item Contest. The qualifying entries ran the gamut from early in the game to the depths of Hell Act V, and were generally quite creative. Let's give a big hand to the winner,

[align=center] :skullflash: :skullflash: :skullflash: reiyo_oki :skullflash: :skullflash: :skullflash:

Spellstorm
Shadow Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 15 to 59
Required Strength: (26-36)
Required Dexterity: (94-131)
Required Level: 47

15% Chance to cast level 7 Ice Blast on striking
15% Chance to cast level 7 Fire Ball on striking
15% Chance to cast level 5 Bone Spear on striking
15% Chance to cast level 5 Tornado on striking
15% Chance to cast level 7 Lightning on striking
+(50 to 100)% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
Ignore Target's Defense
+1 to Pierce
+1 to Strafe
Requirements (-50 to -30)%
[/align]

We thank everybody who submitted entries, and wish them luck in future contests. As mentioned in the contest rules, all qualifying entries are eligible for inclusion in a Keep plugin, the Unique Item Showcase, as soon as we receive a PM authorizing us to do so.

Charsi's Forge
Jeff Bouley has passed the baton to Taarna23 and Malachai29. Due to serious Real Life commitments, Jeff is unable to provide the attention an active website requires. But the two people who have stepped up to the bar are capable members in their own right, and we should see Charsi's Forge ready to support the current collection and new mods as they come out. Read about it here.

Mod News
Here are the latest updates for a pair of popular mods.
- Pagan Heart v0.97b by Pagan Rainfall and Phrozen Heart, continues the impressive support this mod receives. Read about the changes and fixes here.
- Median 2 v1.1 by Brother Laz, is a fix for the lag problem seen with certain bosses. Get the straight story from the twisted genius himself here.
- Battle for Elements gets its own forum in Non Hosted Mods. We figured TrueMage was having too much fun developing a successful mod in relative peace, so we slid a little more responsibility his way.

Unfolding the Maps
Over at Infinitum, Phrozen Heart has unfolded 10 new maps from Baldur's Gate 2. At 280 maps on hand, you have enough selection to satisfy almost any fantasy scenario.

Setting the Pace
Phrozen Heart overtakes fellow admin Myhrginoc as the most garrulous poster at the Keep. With three people in the 8000-post category, there have been a lot of words said! Even so, that is only 11% or so of all we have recorded about Life, the Universe and Everything Diablo.

A Game of Chance?
Serial winner AdiTT takes yet another pot, this time for $19,000. We know others are playing the game, but AdiTT seems to have an inside track with Dame Fortune. But if thou be brave and bold, try thy luck here.

You read about it here, now go forth and communicate!
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat May 28, 2005 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Keep Update 05/27/2005

Post by Xenast » Sat May 28, 2005 5:04 am

Myhrginoc";p="226487" wrote: Even so, that is only 11% or so of all we have recorded about Life, the Universe and Everything Diablo.
Life, the Universe, and Everything... LUE! The most famous (now private) board over at Gamefaqs, which I have been visting since 2001. Even has its own wikipedia entry ;)

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Sat May 28, 2005 7:17 am

A big congratulation to reiyo_oki ! :bounce:

:toasting: Congratulations to everyone that participated in the contest and to everyone that made it possible :good:
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sat May 28, 2005 7:01 pm

AdiTT";p="226514" wrote:A big congratulation to reiyo_oki ! :bounce:

:toasting: Congratulations to everyone that participated in the contest and to everyone that made it possible :good:
Thanks AdiTT! I just submitted for the fun of it, but I guess I did a good job ;)

The idea is actually something I've been toying with for a while now. A whole theme of proc'ing items as the skill basis for D2. The better items having a higher chance of casting skills, if varying ones.

As to the showcase, well, by all means, go ahead. I've no objections.

To everyone else who participated, better luck next time :)

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun May 29, 2005 9:42 pm

You can use my item as a showcase item too. & congrats Reiyo_oki. ;)

/me mutters something about Zy-El...
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon May 30, 2005 8:42 pm

Thankies Laz (Hehe, just thought of a fun new nickname for that name... dumb school making me read "The Invisible Man".... Laz the Exhorter!!)

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Return to “Keep Updates”