Keep Update 03/18/2006

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Keep Update 03/18/2006

Post by onyx » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:00 pm

Hello. Accept my apologies for the delay of the Phrozen Keep news update this week. Seems everyone (including me) was busy yesterday, so the news are posted a day later. Here they are:

:victory: SECOND COMING - SECOND TIME
GuyAskingQuestion resumed work on his mod called The Second Coming and he released not one, but two versions in one week. First it was v2.08f, and the current one is v2.08ff2 (don't ask me why ;) ). You can download it here. Here's what's new:
  • 1 New Afflicted Item
  • Runewords.htm shows all the runewords
  • Icey Cave fixed
  • Shortcut fixed
  • Gem properties formatting fixed
  • Skill placements and levels fixed
  • Scroll of Skills auras fixed and named
  • Gem display formatting improved
  • Close button no-longer in the way of some skills
  • Invisible monsters bug fixed
  • Many skill balances
Don't forget to stop by the mod's forum and share your opinion! :)

:firedevil: A LEGEND RESURECTED
It was long ago when co-admin Myhrginoc decided to take over the very popular Ancients: The Fury Within mod and convert it to 1.10. But the wait was worth it, this week he presents alpha 2 of the mod, now titled TFW: The Awakening. You can download it from here. The features list:
  • All the items, working runewords, cube recipes and user interface from TFW: Ancients, plus some new user interface features.
  • All runewords in v1.11 are included, including the ladder runewords that are in the local file.
  • Expanded areas, a few area surprises. More coming!
  • Tougher monsters, and deadlier /Players X effects. No monster HP rollovers if you get carried away.
  • Revised! Skill books for all skills (certain skills may crash for certain classes).
  • New! Sigils of Achievement - based on your kill counters (see page 2 of character stats).
  • New! Unsocketing recipes.
  • New! More music.
Sadly, shortly after the release it became clear that there is a critical bug in the mod, so two small patches have been released in order to fix it. Get the latest one here to improve your gaming experience and share your thoughts in the forum.

:wolfgang: THREE IS NOT ENOUGH
Senior moderator talonrage released a new plugin to be used with SVR's D2Mod system. The plugin adds a fourth skill tree to the characters in your mod. If you have so many skills that the three skill tabs aren't enough or you want to separate the skills in more than three groups, this plugin will do the job for you. Download it here and let talonrage know what you think about it in this thread.

:bothsides: UPGRAGE - DOWNGRADE
Another one by GuyAskingQuestion ;) Many have asked the question: "How do I switch between versions 1.10 and 1.11 of Diablo 2 LoD?" Now GuyAskingQuestion provides you with the solution of all your problems, namely the D2 Version Switcher. It consists of easy to use batch files that let you switch quickly between 1.10 and 1.11. Get yourself a copy from here.

:toyhorse: FRESH BLOOD
And to sum it up, here are the OT Lottery news. This week we have a new winner, which proves that sometimes luck turns it's back even to the old dogs. The new winner is lok0143 who got a jackpot of $62000. Not bad for starters, is it? :) Happy spending! Take a look at the winners' list here and if you dare, buy a ticket!

And after this nice and relatively long update, I leave you with your regular activities. Have fun and until next time! :D
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: Keep Update 03/18/2006

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:13 pm

[quote=onyx";p="263713"]First it was v2.08f, and the current one is v2.08ff2 (don't ask me why ;) ).[/quote]

In these postmodern new times, the version number should not necessarily reflect the actual version. ;)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:04 pm

It has been like that since Windows 95. 8-O :roll: :mrgreen:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Hehe, I was jsut going for the old fashioned 2.08a/2.08b/2.08x style, but 2.08f was supossed to be the last version! So this is version 2.08 Final Final 2 :lol:

You ain't seen my newest version? 2.08FF2+... or 2.08FF+stopfindingbugs+d6 omega...
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Taking pointers from Pagan Heart? :roll:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Keep Updates”