First and most important news this week - we completed our move from the Rednas servers, which were our home for the last 3 years or so. We're hosted on Gamespy now and we hope to stay here for the time being. Many thanks to everyone who helped and made this possible. You can read more about the move here. On a related note, it's possible to notice some strange behaviour of the forum, features not working, or broken links. If so, please let us know in the Feedback forum, so we can fix the problem.
On related news, we have a new forum tech support on the forums. Volf helped a lot with moving, testing and bugfixing the site on the new server and he will be taking care of any future problems that we undoubtfully will face - as we all know, there is no software without bugs Round of applause to Volf for his dedication!
My mod Back to Hellfire gets a second release in two weeks, which is a really rare thing for me. But since the previous patch 4.03 had a critical bug which prevented players from proceeding past Act 1, I had to release a quick fix for that, and so 4.04 was born. Aside from this fix, I managed to put in several more bugfixes and improvements, here they are:
- Fixed the crash on killing Andariel (thanks to Havvoric)
- New graphics for runes (thanks to AdiTT)
- New overlays for Bard songs (thanks to AdiTT)
- Gargoyle Traps removed from Dungeon levels 1-4
- Hidden and their kin won't cast Lightning anymore
- Gargoyles and their kin won't have lightning overlay when attacking
- Toned down the 3 Guardians in the Antechamber on Nightmare and Hell
- Fixed the black background of the Bard class weapons
- Increased the clickable area of the Cathedral entry
SAME OLD ATTITUDE
Two releases in two weeks is certainly not something uncommon for Brother Laz. Yet another Median 2008 patch was released. You can read the features list and download 1.50 from here.
NEW OF THE SAME OLD
Proteus_za released the second beta of his Rapid Progress mod, aimed at improving Diablo 2 as it is, without adding much new content. If you want 'more Diablo 2' as opposed to 'different Diablo 2', then this mod is for you. Download Rapid Progress Mod Beta 2 here.
NEW OF THE NEWEST
A new mod was also released to the public this week. SheX the Lost Mage, creator of The Parallel Worlds mod, released his new creation, called Legend About Nine Demons. Features of the mod:
- Monsters population and strength was increased
- Character now is Demon
- Character begin game with 2 special items
- Super unique monsters was changed.
- 7 Super unique and 4 Uber unique monsters were added
- Main boss was changed.
- Maps were changed
- All Music changed. Act 1 town Lordi – Magistra Nocte, other music was added from Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Siege II and Sacred.
- Added Set and Unique items from Talonrage’s Plugins.
- Gems can be transmuted with items.
- 6 secret recipes were added.
This week's screenshot was submitted by forum moderator Necrolis and it shows a replacement of the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3. Instead of several dumb worms, now you'll get something a bit more challenging! See for yourself
And finally, it's time for some sad news. The Phrozen Keep Off Topic forums have been closed down, and this of course means that there will be no more OT Lottery The last lottery was won by no other than AdiTT, and that was a nice ending to her lottery-winning career. She won the biggest jackpot in history ($20000650), it's too sad that she won't get to enjoy her heap of OT bucks. But fear not, if you're willing to discuss off-topic matters with your Phrozen Keep buddies, we have set up a new Off Topic forum on the site
Wow, was that a long update or what! Until next time.