Demon9ne released a new version of his Immersion mod, now up to v1.03. The mod is compatble with v1.11b and should be playable on the latest v1.12a patch of Diablo II LoD too. Here are some highlights from the features list that you can find in the archive:
- More tough, plentiful, and various mobs of enemies.
- Equippable items can have up to maximum sockets as dictated by their respective graphics.
- Characters start with the Horadric Cube and a new Quest Item called the Horadric Soulsphere.
- 1000+ New Cube Recipes, including new item-crafting and item-tempering recipes will make your gear godly.
- 100+ New Items, including new potions, treasures, lodestones, cube ingredients, etc. will fill your stash.
- 25 New "Sub-Quests" known as Gheed's Scavenger Hunts" will keep you busy throughout all 3 difficulties.
- 48 New Character Skills, without prerequisites, are acquireable if you meet the energy requirements.
- 2 New Item-Only Skills (Locatable on the "Faerie Bottle" and "The Colonel's Shield")
- 7 New Gems (Angel Skull, Quartz, Onyx, Citrine, Aquamarine, Garnet, Peridot) and 2 New Runes (Ul, Xel)
- 7 New Class-Specific Gems (Tiger Eye, Star Sapphire, Bloodstone, Moonstone, Pearl, Sunstone, Jade)
- 5 New Socketables (Soul, Soul Cluster, Soul of Andariel, Soul of Duriel, Soul of Diablo)
- 8 New Arrows/Bolts (Serrated, Heavy, Needle, Venom-Tipped, Ice, Fire, Electric, Spirit)
- 105 New Unique Items and 15 New Mercenary-Only Unique Items
- 53 New Runewords and 5 New Mercenary-Only Runewords
- And More...
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
Regular visitors of the Phrozen Keep know that we've had a problem with our download database for several months and that Volf built an off-site file center to take the load while we try to resolve the issue. Our (and Gamespy's) attempts have hit a brick wall and right now it looks like our file center won't be operational anytime soon. That's why we decided to permanently switch to Volf's mirror. The links on the left navigation bar now point to it and all links in messages and signatures on the board have been edited to point to there too. You can report any issues with Volf's file center in the Feedback forum.
DIGGING THROUGH THE ARCHIVES
As discussions about Diablo 3's style continue in our newly opened Diablo 3 forum, it's time to look back and remember what our beloved Diablo 2 looked like in early development stages. The screenshot of the week is one of the first known Diablo 2 images and features an Amazon fighting a skeleton and a big head. The game still used some Diablo sprites and there was no lighting at all. Didn't look that spectacular, did it? Let's hope Blizzard won't let us down and Diablo 3 will look way better when it's released
That's all for this week's news, now let's go to the official Diablo 3 site and hit F5, just in case some new information is added! Come on, Blizzard, it's about time!