Keep Update 10/12/2008

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Keep Update 10/12/2008

Post by kingpin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 am

This weekend I think most know Blizzard have run their Blizzcon 2008. It have brought us some exciting news! like on WWI Blizzard keep bring news about diablo III.

Diablo 3: New class revealed!!

The third class that have been revealed is Wizard.

- From the writtings of Abd al-Hazir

wing to my lack of tolerance for those who would use magic towards their own nefarious ends, many have assumed that I am averse to the practice of the magical arts on a philosophical level. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My quarrel is with those sorcerers who dismiss the ancient traditions and teachings – teachings that have been honed over millennia in order to preserve respect for authority and the rule of law.

The Wizard will have several familar skills from the Sorceress (in Diablo 2) this together with new skills. There is currently 5 skills known, Disintegrate (red beam that reminds about a wellknown science movie!), Electrocute, Teleport, Magic Missile, Slow Time.

You can read more about the Wizard over at Blizzard's Diablo III site

There is also an ingame movie that shows The Wizard in action. The dungeon the movie is from is very cool and it do seems like King Leoric is returning!

You can watch yourself Wizard in game trailer

Worth to mentioned from the game trailer is the darker settings. Have Blizzard been listening on the storm of to colorful settings? or have this been in all time and people shout hi before know everything?

Feel free discuss this in our Diablo III forum

Diablo 2 News!

If you think Diablo2 is falling into dust you are wrong! there is still activities in the Diablo2 modding scene.

First of we have new fileguides.

New States.txt fileguide:
Nefarious have wrote a new fileguide for one of most fun files. This is the file you use to add your temporal effects (like morph into a creatures). Do you want to learn some of secrets behind states.txt file? then you need read the new states.txt fileguide.

New Monprop.txt fileguide:
This guide is made by cla$$ics. It explains how monprop fields work. This is a pretty small (but important file, for customize your monsters!).

You can read more about it here,

New Mod: Rebirthe
This is a new mod from cla$$ics.

This release .01 is a druid demo that is compatible with 1.10/1.11.

If you are interested to learn more about this mod before download it you can read the documentation here.

You can download the mod from our filecenter here.

Dark Alliance 0.04.08.05.03 patch been released
I seems to match the news I write then I release anything related to my mod Dark Alliance and then Blizzard have any event running (last time I wrote was then preview version was released and WWI was revealing Diablo III!).

The new patch fix numerous of bugs that been reported. It have alot of balance tweaks (alot based on the response from the players).

Cube reciopes have got a major overhaul to make sure they work this time.

But, this is not only a bugfix/balance patch it contains aswell new fun quests for each class (yes, my version of Cow Level is in now!).

There is more hidden in the patch. You can read the patchnote yourself here.

If you want to try out the new version you can download it here Make sure you have preview version installed and aswell read the disclamer if you want your old characters to be compatible.

New Screenshot of the Week

As the big news this weekend was the third class revealed this weekend for Diablo III. What isn't better than see the Wizard himself from an in-game screenshot? just click here and you see it!

This was all for this time. Let see if I can match another big news as newswriter next time!

Return to “Keep Updates”