Changes To IGN Hosting Including Shutting Down Of Services

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Changes To IGN Hosting Including Shutting Down Of Services

Post by onyx » Sat May 30, 2009 7:25 am

Dear Phrozen Keep users and friends,

As you might or might not know, several days ago Gamespy/IGN informed their users that they are going to shut down their free hosting service permanently. The deadline is set to August 31, 2009. This means that the Phrozen Keep needs to find a new home.

I'm already evaluating the possibilities and I'll inform you about the progress of the move. I guarantee that no forum posts or user accounts will be lost, so don't worry about that. It's too soon to speak, but I can say that there are good offers so far. If you have a hosting offer for the Phrozen Keep, then please contact me via private message here on the forum.

If you're a modmaker and you have your mod site hosted here with us (respectively Gamespy/IGN), then your site is going to disappear on August 31, 2009. Please, take the time to download and backup all your site files. It's still unclear whether the Phrozen Keep is going to provide hosting for mod sites in the future, so you might want to consider the possibility of finding your own host for your site. Note that FilePlanet isn't shutting down, so your downloads will remain intact.

Please, bookmark www.d2mods.com and www.d3mods.org - this way you'll be able to access the Phrozen Keep again once it's moved. The d2mods.info address won't be active after August 31, 2009 (or sooner, depending on how the move goes).

That's all I can say for now. Make sure you check the main page of the Phrozen Keep in the following weeks for updates on the situation. Have a nice day.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 am

Both links, d2mods and d3mods only lead to the frozen keep news.
Is that intended?
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat May 30, 2009 10:01 am

Where else did you expect them to lead? Both domains are redirects to the Phrozen Keep that will remain active (and be redirected to the new location) once the Phrozen Keep moves.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Dayvi

Re: Changes To IGN Hosting Including Shutting Down Of Servic

Post by Dayvi » Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 pm

If you need hosting, help with domains or a file mirror, i can help.
I run GamesModding.com and have lots of spare resources.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:07 am

Are the off shoot sites like Warped Tiles and Infinitum going to be moved too?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:10 am

Those that I have access to will be moved - Incandescence, Diabolic Cartography, Inventharia etc. I don't have access to Warped Tiles or Infinitum, though.
ONYX

I_only_pressed_Esc
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by I_only_pressed_Esc » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:01 am

i'm sad to see this happening, i don't play D2 anymore but do check in weekly to see how things are going on with mods etc.

Hoping that D3 has a modding option in the way we know it to revitalise old interests and spur on new minds :)

My best wishes and hopes for the Keep and all who maintain it.
Custom health-mana bubbles. Custom loading video's. Custom Hireling graphics.
'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law'

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:49 am

D3 will be moddable in some form or another, although it will take a brand new skill set to accomplish (don't think I will be making 3D maps anytime soon!).

Hopefully the Keep finds a good home and endures long enough to be the place to go for Modding Diablo III.

Return to “Keep Updates”