Median

Information and updates for all mods by Brother Laz.
Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: Median

Post by Vendanna » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:32 pm

Crashed =(

I made a backup of the files I got before put the median files (the mpq and the dll ones) on the directory (1.10s version)

first thing, there is not "use" to make it english or the version brother laz has so I only get weird descriptions all the way.

second part, when I leaved the bloodmoor and selected a Quill rat the game crashed with a unhandled exception.

note: I also changed one of the button skills (the normal attack for the leftmost icon) and put the "/players 4 command" also talked with warriv before leave the bloodmore.

the character was the Paladin and was an hardcore character one.

if I did something wrong, tell me.

Edit: the error appears when you select a quillrat (aka put your cursor over them) something is wrong with them.

Edit2: other nice crash when my paladin put a skill point on the skill on the page 3, row 1 column 2) I guess I would need to say bye bye to media until next release. :-|
Last edited by Vendanna on Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

good job/some bugs

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:36 am

Heya Laz. Good looking mod. I like it. Its one of my favorites already and I haven't even played that far. Good work on the monster AI too. Everyone talks about the skills and I gotta say that they are cool but I like the harder AI for the monsters too.

However, I have found a few bugs (I think anyways)

-Assassin skill icons are the stock assassin ones not your nice blue ones. ( I AM runnign the new version of the LOD Beta. (from august))

-Necromancer startes with a level 2 wand at level 1 and can't use it

-Some skills seem really unblanced. EI: slayer only does 1-3 damage and costs 30+ mana!!! is this the way you ment to have it or is it a bug?

-The Druid detransforms and drops to one hitpoint if his life goes two low/below zero (not sure which).

- and last.. not really a bug but... paladin multistun is very very powerful. Pretty much makes you indestructible.. (at least at low levels, I haven't played him past level 8 because I wanted something harder

-Also.. in the featuers you talked about it said somethign about stat points giving more then one stat per point. EI. barb puts one point in str and it goes up 3 points. Did you scrap that idea or did I instal something wrong??

PLUS: anyone out there know any good cube combinations yet??
Thanks for making the mod. We all appreciate it.
Your Life is Your Own. Life it for Yourself.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:17 am

*This topic has been moved from Member Announcements to Brother Laz*

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: good job/some bugs

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:41 pm

@ Voodoo
Voodoo_Sun";p="129076" wrote:-Assassin skill icons are the stock assassin ones not your nice blue ones. ( I AM runnign the new version of the LOD Beta. (from august))
That's what I get for trying all characters except the assassin before uploading...
-Necromancer startes with a level 2 wand at level 1 and can't use it
Oops. :P Hint to self: Test everything one last time AFTER those last 'insignificant' changes...
-Some skills seem really unblanced. EI: slayer only does 1-3 damage and costs 30+ mana!!! is this the way you ment to have it or is it a bug?
Slayer is a trap that can shoot around corners or past the edge of the screen, and if it did hit hard enough to cause hit recovery, it would be teh uberskill.
-The Druid detransforms and drops to one hitpoint if his life goes two low/below zero (not sure which).
Has been this way all along. Never played one in CLoD? ;)
- and last.. not really a bug but... paladin multistun is very very powerful. Pretty much makes you indestructible.. (at least at low levels, I haven't played him past level 8 because I wanted something harder
Holy Thunder? Okay, i'll nerf it...
-Also.. in the featuers you talked about it said somethign about stat points giving more then one stat per point. EI. barb puts one point in str and it goes up 3 points. Did you scrap that idea or did I instal something wrong??
Those are skills now...
PLUS: anyone out there know any good cube combinations yet??
None yet, but look in runes.txt for a bunch of r00nwords. For starters: TirIth in a 2socketed armor gives Golden Youth, nice boost to all stats%.

@ Vendetta
Crashed =(

first thing, there is not "use" to make it english or the version brother laz has so I only get weird descriptions all the way.
Well, here's the reason it crashes. ;) Thought the language thing was fixed in 1.10.

Will [try to] upload a fixed version tomorrow. So to summarize [is that a word?]:

- Wrong assy skill icons. [?!]
- Level req for lowest wand is 2, not 1.
- No 'use' file.
- Decrease stun length for paladin's Holy Thunder from 15 to 5.
- Increase hitpoints of act 2 and act 5 mercs.
- Reduce mana cost of Slayer.
- Reduce hitpoint cost of Blood Flash [I'm at the point where 1 BF costs me 52 life...].

Proposed fixes:

- Decrease radius for barb's Rolling Thunder?? [someone try this one, it's like 'that paladin uberskill' but does knockback instead of stun]
- Add 50% uninterruptable attack to druid's Claw Tornado??
Last edited by Brother Laz on Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:30 pm

OK some more test :

* no crash cause I myself added a use file to the mpq :P
* try a sorc. Everything is nice, Blood Flash IS expensive in term of life that sure, but I can handle it pretty well.
* I've started with a quilted armor of req str 13 ... so I can't wear it.
* Fallen Shaman firewall is almost instant death. I go down to DoE at lvl 4 and get whipped.
* Drop are nice IMHO
* Golden Youth runewords works :P
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:14 pm

I'm playing with a Paladin:

* no crash when loading the game. It has worked well in general so far that i have come.

* Jihad: I miss the max number of Jihad that you currently can have. If you can add a description for that it would be nice.

* Fallen Shaman in Den of Evil deals a bit to much damage (firewall). Othervise the damage seems good in general so far.

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:06 pm

Same here , no crash :) .... currently play with pally at act2 .

- I think maybe its better if u change the number of jihad we can summon from 1 jihad per 2clvl to 1 jihad every 4 or 5 per clvl , but in return beef up their hp . As of now im at lvl 18 and i can summmon 10 jihad at once ,well its looks funny watching pally with a bunch of army :mrgreen: , but the bad thing is .. they kinda useless cause 1 single shot from that cat who throw you with javelin in act 2 (forgot the name ,sorry..) is enough to kill me jihad and its getting annnoying cause i have to recast them 1000x time. :sick:

-Perharps do something with act 2 dex , cause their preferred weapon (spear class) require high dex while act 2 merc is base on str and this make them cant use better weapon .

Q: If my char (pally) is lvling , does jihad and crusade stats/aura lvl also increase ?

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:41 pm

Very nice work Laz.

So far I have had time to play only a Necro. Here is what I have noticed, and please take it as constructive criticism.

1. I hope you arn't going to leave the inventory/stash/cube as they are currently. Its just a standard now to have bigger inventory in mods now.

2. The skills are very nicely done. I havn't had any crashes at all. Although, with 0% hit recovery, you get stunlocked pretty easily. If there are even two or three zombies/skels/quills around me, 50% of the time I will not be able to recover fast enough to run/hit or anything. I have died numerous times due to this. I don't know if you you intended it to be like that.

3. The class specific skills arn't very well thought out in my opinion. Some of them are VERY powerful, yet free to use (i.e. use very little to no mana)
e.g. Necrophilia for one.

4. There arn't many class specific skills. I enjoy playing the necromancer and the druid, as they are themed very well. Except for the bloody mary skill, there arn't any other summoning skills, unless I missed something, in which case I am a moron :D All classes share the same three skill trees, with a few starting skills which are specific to that class only. Somehow it just doens't seem quite right. Something is amiss. The theme of the class is not there anymore. When playing a sorc, or a necro, or a druid, or even a barbarian, it doens't seem too well fitted. I mean, a barbarian shouldn't be a spell caster, except for minor spells. There is a reason why there are different classes. I hope you take this into consideration and maybe modify the skills a little bit.

5. Also, the skill trees description on the right hand side, SKILL TABS, is blank. Was it meant to be like that?

And finally, I think this all maybe because I fail to understand the concept behind this mod. Is there any information on this mod besides this thread?

In conclusion, this is one of the best mods out there, even in its beta stage. TWO THUMBS WAY UP, heck, I'd put two toes up too :)

EDIT 1: npc.txt has a problem. buy value is 1024 while sell value is 68, as well as max sell for n/nm/h is 500gp. I think you forgot to scale down the buy value. :(

Some cube recepies:

1. r09 + weap, noe -> repair
2. r08 + armo, noe -> repair
3. r15 + tp scroll + any socketed item -> unsocket item (destroy gems)

I don't know what horcubeex.txt does, but it has all the CLoD recepies in it.

Also some very cool runewords. I havn't tried all of them yet, but whatever I have tried seem pretty good.[/code]
Last edited by HashCasper on Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:30 pm

ok cool. All good fixes Laz.
Fallen Shaman firewall is almost instant death. I go down to DoE at lvl 4 and get whipped.
Please don't change this!! I like the strong firewall. I did the DoE at level 2 or 3 with a pally and it was pretty easy. With a Druid I had to wait till level 4 I think. I just did the blood moor first. same with a barb. I like the challenge. And besides the DoE is a quest. quests should be a challenge! :-)
I hope you arn't going to leave the inventory/stash/cube as they are currently. Its just a standard now to have bigger inventory in mods now.
Ya a bigger stash and stuff is nice, but not a big deal. I think that you are trying for a more challenging mod and not a copy of what else is out there. Keep it however you want! :-)
with 0% hit recovery, you get stunlocked pretty easily. If there are even two or three zombies/skels/quills around me, 50% of the time I will not be able to recover fast enough to run/hit or anything.
Keep the stunlock!!! lol well I'm only in act one still but I do like it. makesit a bit more challenging. Sides with immolation and a multihit or a stun attack to back it up it is still easy to take out big groups. Besides, if you are surrounded by a group of enemies they would whoop you!
There arn't many class specific skills.
I think that is the point! lol more like Diablo 1. A little differentiation (sp) would be cool, but I still like it the way it is. Laz, you did a great job!!!

And now.... after shooting down all these folks asking for easier things or more things ( lol just poking fun) I gotta ask.... is there any way to beef up weapons and eq besides gems?? Like a toned down fury gem concept or something?? I realize you scrapped the idea of eq gaining power when you level up because you would have quilted armor that endedup better then full plate.. but is there any replacement for that idea?? anything to boost normal eq?? If not its still a great mod and I think you for making it but I gotta ask. :-) :roll: :P :cool:

thanks
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:12 pm

found an issue with the necro ice ball type spell thing....it dont aim half the time...if I aim north at a monster, it will shoot some other direction....really an annoyance! :) Otherwise, from what I have played so far, nice job! Glad to see you will fix the lvl2 weapon on teh necro!

Will post more as I play more, havent had much of a chance to play yet

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:49 am

Bloody mary skill: The countess you summon seems to make every monster teleport as soon as it hits it. Does the attack have chance that monster will use teleport when hit or something? If i don't summon the countess and/or use other classes, monsters stay put, but with this skill they seem to randomly teleport all over the place.
Last edited by HashCasper on Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:59 am

ok got as far as the jail level 1. yup its been slow going. lol for the msot part I like it. A few baddies are REALLY hard. ice mages and archers can be a pain. I really like the stunlock in melee combat but not so much with ranged weapons. Would be great if that was possible. I love those assassins and ghosts that dissapear and reappear. Very sweet. You're all just wakling along and it looks safe and BLAM an assassin appears and stabs you over and over locking you in place. It's great :)

Hirelings are a wonder.. sorta. :P They are very helpful in killing icemages and archers but they are still as dumb as ever and walk right into melee comabt even if they are rogues. Can you use an AI that will make them run from melee foes and shoot for a distance?? or would swapping thier AI make them attack us??

*** oh ya... a bug (maybe) I can target and swing at my hireling. Not sure if I can hurt them or kill them because I didn't want to risk killing her. lol

The butcher and blood raven still kill me in one hit pretty much. (I am a druid with about 200 hp, using mainly tornado claw, immolation, heal, and stigmata.) But they both died... just took a while. lol
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:38 pm

Alright, monster post here.

@ Joel
OK some more test :

* no crash cause I myself added a use file to the mpq :P
Will add it myself one I have more than 30 minutes to fix bugs... so next release it'll be.
* try a sorc. Everything is nice, Blood Flash IS expensive in term of life that sure, but I can handle it pretty well.
Ehhm, yep but Flash does more damage for spellcaster types.
* I've started with a quilted armor of req str 13 ... so I can't wear it.
On purpose. You want to wear armor, you gotta put some points into str.
* Fallen Shaman firewall is almost instant death. I go down to DoE at lvl 4 and get whipped.
Don't stand in them...? :) Didn't have any problems with it. What are your HP? Do you use MS? What level MS?
* Drop are nice IMHO
Actually, there's an unbalance in the Miss tc's. Needs fixing, but it's low priority because it only affects drops after level 50 or so.
* Golden Youth runewords works :P
Good. :) Where did you get the 2-socketed armor from at level 4, btw? :)

@ Kingpin
* Jihad: I miss the max number of Jihad that you currently can have. If you can add a description for that it would be nice.
I did, but then it also displays an annoying 'Skill Level: 1' in the description. Well, IIRC it's +1 per 2 levels for Jihad, +1 per 5 or 10 levels for Crusade.
* Fallen Shaman in Den of Evil deals a bit to much damage (firewall). Othervise the damage seems good in general so far.
Hmmm... is it because you stand in it, went down at character level 2, or is it because it's the only thing that isn't based on a to/hit check and always hits? I didn't have many problems with it [but I used a barb with 4 points into Increased Vit]. :)

@ Azmodan
- I think maybe its better if u change the number of jihad we can summon from 1 jihad per 2clvl to 1 jihad every 4 or 5 per clvl , but in return beef up their hp . As of now im at lvl 18 and i can summmon 10 jihad at once ,well its looks funny watching pally with a bunch of army , but the bad thing is .. they kinda useless cause 1 single shot from that cat who throw you with javelin in act 2 (forgot the name ,sorry..) is enough to kill me jihad and its getting annnoying cause i have to recast them 1000x time.
Actually, the intention was to use them to distract the enemies while you run at them and stun them with Holy Thunder to allow the minions to attack... but with the HT nerf in v2 [soon to be added to the filecenter by Phrozen] that won't work anymore, so I guess you really have a point now.

But they hit a lot [should be at least 90% as long as your own level isn't too low], and for about 150 damage apiece at high levels, so I guess you could just stone everyone and send in the zealots. :)
-Perharps do something with act 2 dex , cause their preferred weapon (spear class) require high dex while act 2 merc is base on str and this make them cant use better weapon .
Mercs are still under construction - made them too weak on purpose so people would play, notice the balance problems and tell me, instead of hide behind a merc for all of Normal. This is a beta test after all. :)
Q: If my char (pally) is lvling , does jihad and crusade stats/aura lvl also increase ?
Yep, don't have my files here, but IIRC both of them gain at +1/+2 damage per character level, the aura level increases by 1 per 20 character levels, and they gain some HP too. Crusade is supposed to inherit your resistances as well, but I'm not sure if it's working. :)

You may want to check out the runeword Brimstone, see runes.txt for details, but it increases the # of minions you can summon, and gives them some nice buffs, including a boost to aura levels [IIRC].

@ HashCasper
1. I hope you arn't going to leave the inventory/stash/cube as they are currently. Its just a standard now to have bigger inventory in mods now.
Ever had to unload a 10x6 cube to make Khalim's flail?
2. The skills are very nicely done. I havn't had any crashes at all. Although, with 0% hit recovery, you get stunlocked pretty easily. If there are even two or three zombies/skels/quills around me, 50% of the time I will not be able to recover fast enough to run/hit or anything. I have died numerous times due to this. I don't know if you you intended it to be like that.
You know that stat no one cares about on armor, called 'defense rating'? I have 21% chance to get hit by act 5 minotaurs... try getting some good armor, it really makes a difference. :)
3. The class specific skills arn't very well thought out in my opinion. Some of them are VERY powerful, yet free to use (i.e. use very little to no mana)
e.g. Necrophilia for one.
That's 'racial identity'. :) But it's useless if you can't kill the enemies quickly enough. It's there to compensate for the necro's lower mana pool [which means less vitual hitpoints via Mana Shield!]. Hmmm... how about I reduce it somewhat at lower character levels, so you won't be able to spam Bloodstar all day at character level 2?
4. There arn't many class specific skills. I enjoy playing the necromancer and the druid, as they are themed very well. Except for the bloody mary skill, there arn't any other summoning skills, unless I missed something, in which case I am a moron All classes share the same three skill trees, with a few starting skills which are specific to that class only. Somehow it just doens't seem quite right.
Actually, you'd pick different skills depending on your class. Using a spell that's based on your mana is a bad idea when you're a barb, so you'd pick something with fixed damage such as Static Spike. You do end up with different skills.
Something is amiss. The theme of the class is not there anymore. When playing a sorc, or a necro, or a druid, or even a barbarian, it doens't seem too well fitted. I mean, a barbarian shouldn't be a spell caster, except for minor spells.
Well, that's what's happening... try using Lemures effectively as a barb. Leave that to the actual casters... :) I put a few spells in for the dumb characters, such as Immolation and the lower spells such as Firebolt and Static Spike, so they'd have a way to deal with immunes.

Or would you prefer the CLoD Berserk fix, aka 'it's a freaking normal attack at level 30, but we were completely out of ideas... so we made it do magic damage, didn't bother to explain how, and made it the only solution against PIs'...
There is a reason why there are different classes. I hope you take this into consideration and maybe modify the skills a little bit.
Like what? 210 unique skills? If you manage to do that, I'll quit this modding game. :)
5. Also, the skill trees description on the right hand side, SKILL TABS, is blank. Was it meant to be like that?
Well, there's nothing else I could put in there...
And finally, I think this all maybe because I fail to understand the concept behind this mod. Is there any information on this mod besides this thread?
You haven't noticed the 20 ft billboards? Shame on you. j/k
EDIT 1: npc.txt has a problem. buy value is 1024 while sell value is 68, as well as max sell for n/nm/h is 500gp. I think you forgot to scale down the buy value.
Not really... the items themselves go for less. I didn't scale it down in npc.txt because I did in weapons/armor.txt. Ran out of gold yet halfway through act 1? :)
I don't know what horcubeex.txt does, but it has all the CLoD recepies in it.
I didn't even know this file existed...! ;)
Also some very cool runewords. I havn't tried all of them yet, but whatever I have tried seem pretty good.[/code]

Where the hell do all you people get 5-socketed shields in act 2 Normal??... :)

@ Voodoo
Please don't change this!! I like the strong firewall. I did the DoE at level 2 or 3 with a pally and it was pretty easy. With a Druid I had to wait till level 4 I think. I just did the blood moor first. same with a barb. I like the challenge. And besides the DoE is a quest. quests should be a challenge! :-)
That's what I meant... it only gets harder. :)
Ya a bigger stash and stuff is nice, but not a big deal. I think that you are trying for a more challenging mod and not a copy of what else is out there. Keep it however you want! :-)
Bigger stash = [more junk to sort through + annoying to unload cube to make quest items] = bad voodoo.
Keep the stunlock!!! lol well I'm only in act one still but I do like it. makesit a bit more challenging. Sides with immolation and a multihit or a stun attack to back it up it is still easy to take out big groups. Besides, if you are surrounded by a group of enemies they would whoop you!
Someone who realized the wonders of IMMOLATION. :) Was my solution to annoying skeletal archers too. :)
And now.... after shooting down all these folks asking for easier things or more things ( lol just poking fun) I gotta ask.... is there any way to beef up weapons and eq besides gems?? Like a toned down fury gem concept or something??
I don't have any idea what fury gems are, and neither am I interested. I am not going to copy anyone else's work...
I realize you scrapped the idea of eq gaining power when you level up because you would have quilted armor that endedup better then full plate.. but is there any replacement for that idea??
Huh? It does work like that... see weapons.txt and armor.txt. :) Unless you mean items that improve when you wear them and level-up, which I never intended in the first place.

@ Malachai
found an issue with the necro ice ball type spell thing....it dont aim half the time...if I aim north at a monster, it will shoot some other direction....really an annoyance! Otherwise, from what I have played so far, nice job! Glad to see you will fix the lvl2 weapon on teh necro!
That's on purpose... it targets the nearest monster. It doesn't matter where you aim at.

@ HashCasper
Bloody mary skill: The countess you summon seems to make every monster teleport as soon as it hits it. Does the attack have chance that monster will use teleport when hit or something? If i don't summon the countess and/or use other classes, monsters stay put, but with this skill they seem to randomly teleport all over the place.
That's a feature of the skill. :) The raider types in act 5 also do this to you when they hit you.

@ Voodoo
ok got as far as the jail level 1. yup its been slow going. lol for the msot part I like it. A few baddies are REALLY hard. ice mages and archers can be a pain.
As for the ice mages [you mean the skeleton ones, right?]: run away from them. They will follow you. Then turn around and hit them while they're still walking towards you. Always works. :)
I really like the stunlock in melee combat but not so much with ranged weapons. Would be great if that was possible.
No. :mrgreen: Try Immolation, or Stone if you have it. :)
I love those assassins and ghosts that dissapear and reappear. Very sweet. You're all just wakling along and it looks safe and BLAM an assassin appears and stabs you over and over locking you in place. It's great
The assassins are silent, but you can hear the ghosts coming... should help. Homing spells such as Frozen Soul/Hunting Banshee/Bone Spirit/Lemures can also hit them.
Hirelings are a wonder.. sorta. They are very helpful in killing icemages and archers but they are still as dumb as ever and walk right into melee comabt even if they are rogues. Can you use an AI that will make them run from melee foes and shoot for a distance?? or would swapping thier AI make them attack us??
No but it would make them not use their skills. Hirelings are still very unfinished because I want people to play for real first so I'd learn about the unbalances and other problems, which won't happen if everyone just surfs along with a hireling that kills everything.
*** oh ya... a bug (maybe) I can target and swing at my hireling. Not sure if I can hurt them or kill them because I didn't want to risk killing her. lol
Did you happen to have Heal selected? You can select hirelings and minions with Heal because you can... well, Heal them. :)
The butcher and blood raven still kill me in one hit pretty much. (I am a druid with about 200 hp, using mainly tornado claw, immolation, heal, and stigmata.) But they both died... just took a while. lol
Stigmata?! Of all the spells... ;) Just curious, why did you pick Stigmata? One point is very handy for all classes to chill things down, but why did you put more than one point into it? The residual cold length barely increases if you're a druid [or any character except nec and asn], and the damage is low unless you use all the runewords with +to unholiness in the game. :)

Anyway, they are supposed to be hard. The smith has been made like the Butcher in D1 on purpose. :)
Median XL released!

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:28 pm

Ya I used stigmata.. just one skill point in it. mainly just checking out what spells do what. I haven't made a really well thought out character to keep using. just trying to experince what all the new things are. Stigmata IS doing alright for me. Been able to kills bloodraven and shamans that are surrounded by invaders, etc.

Is there anyway to increase holiness or unholiness besides equipment??

I'm guessing that the master spells start off with lower damage then novice spells because they get increasingly large gains per spell level while novice ones get increasingly smaller gains and are thus just good for a novice and then lose thier effectivness. True??

Anyways good good job. Still loving the mod. You are the skill master. Carrion swarm RULES!!! Still playing and working my way along. You have done a great job of reworkign thigns and making players learn new ways to use each class and keep it different. It is NOTHING like vanillia D2 and that is a good good thing.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:36 pm

Voodoo_Sun";p="129421" wrote:Is there anyway to increase holiness or unholiness besides equipment??
No. :) And it also only affects Holy Bolt and Stigmata... will expand their use in Median 2.0 to all good/evil spells.
I'm guessing that the master spells start off with lower damage then novice spells because they get increasingly large gains per spell level while novice ones get increasingly smaller gains and are thus just good for a novice and then lose thier effectivness. True??
No: 'novice' spells are only based on non-magic-related stats such as character level and skill level, so even a dumb barb can use them and do good damage. 'Master' spells are based on energy or mana, so if you'd pick them with a barb, you'd do crap damage [see Lemures: if you can't get mana above HP, you're doing 1-3 no matter what], and you need to be a spellcaster to use them wall, but have a larger damage potential than with the 'novice' spells.
Median XL released!

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:00 am

Where the hell do all you people get 5-socketed shields in act 2 Normal??... :)
Well, just to check out all the neat stuff in the mod, I added stuff to cubemain :) kinda like the cube a holic mod thingy majiggy

and/or modify your mod :D heheheheheheh

EDIT 1: you might want to throw in some tp/id tomes. :)
EDIT 2: Now that Laz has explained a few things about skills, I begin to understand a little bit. Some pretty cool ideas there.
Last edited by HashCasper on Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Booga

Post by Booga » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:49 am

Heh b+ for the mod. i wish i had the patience to change skills like this. only b+ for all the one hit kills. and for some reason i cant play a mage class very well (cept necro and i use him as a fighter)
can i get a list of runewords? id open up the mpq but for some reason all my viewers stoped working (blame windows ME :cry: )
or send me the txt files perhapse :)
booga_me_cool@yahoo
other than the very low ammount of gold --which wouldnt be a problem if i could kill one thing without my weapon breaking. ive been punching things to death for an hour now :lol: with a necro but i think i have enough exp and skills to get enough money for a nice repair weapon or 2.
any strat tips for a fighter? ... necro fighter that is.
so far im working on vit/str skills aiming for ring of fire skill which seems to go good with close combat necro.
another question. does the necro summons gain levels or i should say get better with your personal lvl?
just wondering. forgive me is it was stated on another page. as soon as i post this im off to the first page to read away.
good luck and happy modding!!
ciao!!
"Hippity hop.. Fizzy pop.. Put lemonade in your veins." Jet Girl

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:02 am

dude, the necro pretty much sucks in this mod. without summons, a necro isn't a necro. what is a "necromancer"?

"one who interrogates the dead," as the word literally means. No summons for necro = crappy necro. this is merely my opinion. thank god for bloody mary skill. but honestly, without golems or skels or revives, a necro shouldn't even be called a necro.

Laz, why don't you go ahead and modify the class names as well, as in your mod, they don't really matter.

Changing the skills around is very good, and you are excellent at what you do, but honestly, in gameplay and planning long term playability, you lack the skills. The only reason IMO your mod is big, and others jump on the "NON CLoD" bandwagon is mainly the new skills. Other than that, you have destroyed diablo in the most horrible way. I am NOT trying to be an @$$hole, just giving you my honest opinions. I also understand that you want to make the mod the way you want, but do keep this in mind, this is a public release project, not your own personal mod that no one else will play. As you have made this public, you have committed yourself to the community of mod players and makers, and must consider any and all feedback. While it is also true that you cannot make everyone happy, you could try :D

But really man, Diablo has DIFFERENT character classes for a frikkin reason man! I mean with 2-3 class specific skills, and the rest shared by every class, there is no point in having different classes now is it. True, that you can make different biulds, and use whatever spells fits a class, its still pretty much the same thing, as it destroys the purpose of THEMED classes.

Do what you want to the skills, and the game, but for the love of The Infernal Lord, do NOT destroy the game as we know it. PLEASE! If there was one skill page dedicated to each class, with only class specific skills, and the rest of the two pages shared, wouldn't be as bad as it is right now. The mod looks great, but plays horrible. I am not talking about the 'beta" not being balanced. I mean there is a reason why a beta is a beta, hehe :)

Please take this as constructive criticism. I wouldnt be sitting here typing up a huge post, wasting my energy just for the f_ck of it. You have great potential at doing what you do, I am merely trying to give you honest opinions so that you may improve upon your work. (and give us a good mod) :D

Don't get me wrong, this by far is one of the most e xcellent mods I have played, but you have totally screwed up the theme of the game.

Might as well rename the game to DiabLAZ: Lord of Skills ;)
Last edited by HashCasper on Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

brotherhobbes
Champion of the Light

Post by brotherhobbes » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:20 am

Brother Laz";p="129367" wrote:@ HashCasper
Ever had to unload a 10x6 cube to make Khalim's flail?
a very easy way to unload the cube is to simply drop it on the ground. this causes all of it's contents to be dumped into your inventory. if there isn't room in your inv, the remaining contents are dropped on the ground. this is a much simpler and quicker method than pulling items one at a time from your cube.

if you find the increased cube/stash size is a problem for balance reasons, please consider at least increasing the stash.

Booga

Post by Booga » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:07 pm

well 'Hash' i for one enjoy the shared skills. the passives for sure. im still toying arround with the other skills. in my opinion you are wrong about the necro. no offence but if you have any skills youd find the necro fairly easy to play. again no offence at me saying you have no skills :roll: . i would like to see some more summons. in fact id like to see a whole mod developed arround summons but ill cope without as i dont have the patience or time to develope one myself. well anyone help me out with some runewords? thanks again
Ciao!!!!
"Hippity hop.. Fizzy pop.. Put lemonade in your veins." Jet Girl

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:50 pm

HashCasper";p="130037" wrote:dude, the necro pretty much sucks in this mod. without summons, a necro isn't a necro. what is a "necromancer"?
not necesary for a Necromancer to Raise Deads to be powerful.

Necromancer can control the magic of Death but in reality on AD&D he only gets his magic from the Negative plane.

thuse he can do a few nice things, like consume your souls, corrupt your body, make a clone of you from a part of you so you can end getting crazy.

also, a Necromancer can Weaken you by absorb your vital essence (levels) while he gets vigoriced by your poor corpse, he also can reduce your body to ashes with only a touch.

they can raise monsters or call them from the Negative plane but is not necesary to raise them to be a good Necromancer.

note, when you raise a skeleton have in mind that you need to give orders to him to actually make them move so a "huge amount of skeletons" raised by a Necromancer are merely statues that the necromancer is moving (that's why on Diablo 2 you need to spend points on it to learn how to make them move and control them better)

Dark possesion is also a thing some Necromancers and Demons can do by introduce their evil soul into another body (usually after taking away the old soul inside) so beware :P
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Judge32656

Post by Judge32656 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:11 pm

Well I never have posted in PK before till now

Always loved your mods Laz, ever sence Demon Trip i've been waiting for your newest mod to come out

Haven't played Median yet, cause gotta DL the 1.10s patch after this...but I'm positive i'll like it

Just wanted to say what the people were saying before, make the mod how YOU want it to be like, its your mod...

Great to see you working on a new mod, now its time to play Median, keep up the good work

1 question, how many Unq/Set/Runewords do you think you will have in the final version? (I like collecting new items, thats why I play ZyEl :mrgreen: )

adamantine
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by adamantine » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:19 pm

good stuff: i'm only at lvl 8 but i've died like 30 times! to have it be challenging in the blood moor instead of having to 30 hours for hell sure is refreshing. blood raven took me 10 deaths to defeat, i actually had to dodge her arrows and try to hit her when she wasn't shooting!

i can't afford potions so i've actually got to be careful and use my healing spell, great!

not sure stuff: bone spirit never seems to hit, or that might be intentional. when you're low on hp you'd really like it to hit since you'll be dead soon. trying to use it against fallen shaman resulted in like 14 misses and 1 hit, and i did have positive damage showing. but maybe you shouldn't use that on an assassin as she's not magey at all(only getting 1 mana per energy). it seems to stop in it's movement if you move at all, but that could again be intentional

bad stuff: why all the lego colours on items? i'd prefer crappy d1/bg graphics compared to looking like a clown. couldn't you add cube recipes for changing colours(to ones you like), i'd prefer just the plain look.

what about using unique graphics for normal items for variation? since you'll be seeing the normal items so much more i don't see why they should look so boring. but then i hate uniques and sets.

repair costs - when killing blood raven i got 4 rares(my first rare ammy!), one a real good sword. it's only lost 3 durability and needs 600 gp to repair. now if that would of been a bow the repair costs are...zero. is this something that's needed for balancing, really?

bows which already have a huge range: can't you have this increase with dex or something, and start at 5-10? 40 tiles is way too long in the beginning. or what about having quivers that increase your attack range, since bad quality arrows shouldn't travel as far?

then the durability, 4 on some items? those i can use up in 25 seconds! something i also don't see why it can be higher for balance, as much as 200. as a melee char you have to worry about so many other things already.

durability and spellcasters: can't have you items(staves/wands) degrade when you use spells and armour when hit by spells(and durability damaged more the better spells/mana you have so it doesn't hurt melees that use spells sometimes)? maybe that's in already, just a thought.

for the general skills, can't you have it so they're a little different for each class? just a different colour or name or such, makes a lot of difference.

for the passive skills, not sure if you've mentioned changing it, but can't you use screenies of that character as icons or something, and make the names more class like? just to improve the feel a bit.

for people that might want to play assys: i've found staves and 2-handed axes to be very fast for them...or maybe it's that with all classes.
Last edited by adamantine on Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:32 pm

white it is true that summons don't necesserily make the necro powerful, which is what i am NOT talking about, they do add to the overall theme of the character class.

oh and btw, this isn't AD&D. This is diablo, and there is a reson why this is a bestseller and one of a kind rpg/action game. That being THE THEME of the f*cking game. No offense to anyone, but compared to Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, DiabLAZ: Lord of Skills sucks.

once again, ideas behind the skills are great, the new skills ROCK, shared passives are a brilliant idea, but the rest of the two skill pages suck way too much. I mean, am i the only one here that can see the dropbacks of this mod? Honestly, does no one else share my thoughts even a little bit?

I'd have to say that demon trip was WAY better than this in the skill/class theme style.

I don't know, say what you will, do what you will, its not my problem or headache, i love the mod anyway and will continue to play it, but i'd just have to, HAVE TO, suggest that, there be a passives skill page shared by all classes, and rest should be class specific, and themed according to the class. I mean, look at this, you could have an amazon, barb, assy, and paladin using immolation. or whatever else skills go with whichever classes. Is there really a point in having 7 diff. classes then? no really, shared skills is a great idea, i love it, but it doesn't make sense. differnt stat/skill bonuses for different classes makes sense, but every skill shared just doesn't click. I don't want to have to keep repeating myself. If you people, and especially Laz doesn't understand what I am talking about, I GIVE! :(

adamantine
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by adamantine » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:13 am

bug: charsi keeps saying "thanks so much for.." over and over. i died about 15 times to the smith...i have no idea how i lost the hammer.

edit > oooh, if you have it on weapon switch you get the quest but don't lose the hammer..
Last edited by adamantine on Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Brother Laz”