Making PC mods work!!!

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

lordzapharos

Making PC mods work!!!

Post by lordzapharos » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:13 am

Ok, I know there is probably a very simple explanation for this, but here's my question:

How can I make my PC mod that I have created work on my friend's Mac?

Although the question seems simple, I simply cannot find a complete tutorial on how to make it work. Everything I have tried with the Mac MPQtool doesn't make the mod work, nor does anything else I've tried. Please, can ANYONE direct me to a COMPLETE tutorial of how to do this or explain it to me? I just want my friend to be able to play my mods!!!

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 am

If the mod includes any DLL changes, including PlugY or D2Mod, it won't work on a Mac.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Making PC mods work!!!

Post by Nefarius » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:48 pm

Theoretically, if the DLL changes are purely server-side and the mod is played in TCP/IP with the person hosting the game doing so on a PC a MAC user could play in a mod with code changes, as they dont need to be present on the client to have any effect (see server side patches).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “Mac Modding”