Code Editing - How to change Find Potion drops on the Mac

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

No votes

Total votes: 0

Contrail
Retired staff
Paladin

Code Editing - How to change Find Potion drops on the Mac

Post by Contrail » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:50 am

Hello all,

I've been poking around a bit in the Diablo II (Carbon) file, trying to get a handle on how it's put together. I don't have too much to show for my investigations yet, but I did locate something I thought others might be interested in - where it stores what items the Barbarian's Find Potion skill drops.

Located at offset 0044A585 are 15 sets of three item codes, 1 for each act in each difficulty, as shown below.

Code: Select all

0044A585: hp2 mp2 rvs hp3 mp3 rvs hp3 mp3 rvs hp4 mp4 rvl hp4 mp4 rvl hp4 mp4 rvl hp4 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl hp5 mp5 rvl
I've done a test to make sure that I was correct in my identification, and changing the item codes for the first two entries to opl and gpl caused the skill to turn up Fulminating Potions and Strangling Gas Potions in Act 1 Normal instead of Light Healing Potions and Light Mana Potions.

- Contrail

Return to “Mac Modding”