Skill icons problem

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

No votes

Total votes: 0

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Skill icons problem

Post by Incompetent » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:57 pm

1. I want to take existing DII skills with their original icons, but make them no-class skills (because I don't want players to put points in them, and because I want oskills to work the same for all classes). Unfortunately, I gather this means DII looks in a different file for the icons, so I'd have to move them there somehow. Is there an easy way to do this on the Mac?

(Alternatively, I could keep them as class skills, but make sure they never show up on the skill tabs, I suppose, and change my oskills into '+1 oskill, +n (class only)', which means n+1 for everyone.)

2. More ambitious would be to create new skill icons for any new skills I make - what would I need to do this?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:24 pm

You can disable skill icons in skilldesc, there are seven skill icon files(skillicon_xxx.dc6), one for each class and a generic one for general skills, they're in data/global/ui/spells. As for new icons, Contrail released a dc6 making tool a few weeks back for mac
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Incompetent » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:26 am

Necrolis";p="373409" wrote:You can disable skill icons in skilldesc, there are seven skill icon files(skillicon_xxx.dc6), one for each class and a generic one for general skills, they're in data/global/ui/spells. As for new icons, Contrail released a dc6 making tool a few weeks back for mac
I've decided to turn my first problem into a feature, as described in brackets. Players can add either +1 oskill, or +1 skill. The oskill recipe may be more expensive, and this represents a kind of 'activation cost' they must pay to use the skill; the native class is exempt from this as a special privilege (and because I can't see an easy way of forcing every class to use an 'activation' recipe). Once you have at least level 1 in a skill, though, you get the full benefit of +skill (class only) bonuses regardless of class.

But I will want more skill icons eventually. I hadn't spotted Contrail's MacD6 - thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Mac Modding”