Big Stash the second

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

sholvar

Big Stash the second

Post by sholvar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Guys,

there is another Post with the same topic (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=38788) but it is from 2006. So I thought the question can be asked again. We have new versions, most links from that time don't work anymore today, and so on.

Anyway, do I need an expert mod to increase my stash/cube/box size? I thought they are just some numbers in a hex or txt file. Is it maybe described somewhere, which numbers in which file should be changed to influence these sizes?

EmaStergam

Re: Big Stash the second

Post by EmaStergam » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:26 pm

hi
sholvar" wrote:Anyway, do I need an expert mod to increase my stash/cube/box size?
If you ask do you need lot of knowledge to make new big inventories, answer is no, it is simple work to do ( in compeering to other modings :D ). All you need is to take Inventory.txt and change few fields and after that make some tests to assure there is no errors. You need to edit gridX and gridY column as well as gridRight and gridTop columns. Thats all you need to do for simplest grid increasing. Keep in mind that save file limited so lot of items with lot of atributs can exside that limit and you will lost items.

If you planing to make graphic changes too and move some elements ( weapon slots or inventory position ) you can use D2Inventory. Its purpose is exactly what you need. Just point to your Inventory.txt and location that contain images and drag elements to desired size/position.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56298&p=441749#p441749

sholvar

Post by sholvar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:24 am

First thank you very much for your response. It seems really not so much work. Although, since our both motherlanguage is not english, I am not qute sure if I understood you correctly. You mean, I am able to enhance the stash size but I am still not able to put in more stuff, because the graphics don't represent the bigger size and also the save game can not store all items in a bigger inventory? Is there a work around that? Let me guess, here it becomes more complicated :D

Btw. do you know that your program only works on Windows? Maybe you can show us the source code (github.com repository for example?) And if it is not something like a .NET Application it might be possible to port it to Mac.

EmaStergam

Post by EmaStergam » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am

sholvar" wrote:...since our both motherlanguage is not english, I am not qute sure if I understood you...
haha i try my best, actually i never like English in school :), all i know is from movies and google translate ( god bless opera suggestion tool :) ).
sholvar" wrote:You mean, I am able to enhance the stash size but I am still not able to put in more stuff
You can put it in but wont be saved. It appear on big inventories and items with lot attributes. If you plan to make 10x10 inventory with classic items that shouldn't be problems.
sholvar" wrote:because the graphics don't represent the bigger size
Graphic has no effect on inventory. Its just graphic. It will work same with classic graphic and with "adjusted" one.
sholvar" wrote:also the save game can not store all items in a bigger inventory
Yeah its actually problem if want make big ( 16x16 stesh,cube,inventory) inventory. But if you want big storage space use PlugY he allowe you to have looooot space.
sholvar" wrote:Is there a work around that? Let me guess, here it becomes more complicated :D
One solution is to restrict yourself on smaller inventories ( lets say stash 10x10, cube 6x6 and regular inventory) or
use PlugY to have really big stash.
sholvar" wrote:Btw. do you know that your program only works on Windows? Maybe you can show us the source code (github.com repository for example?) And if it is not something like a .NET Application it might be possible to port it to Mac.
Uhh... Program is written in Delphi in VCL so its not crossplatform. That can be converted to crosplatform by changing some stuff. But real problem is components i use 90% of them are windows specific :( so i guess it can't be ported to other platforms. Actually my target platform was Windows XP because i use it :) .

What size inventory you plan to make?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 am

its probably worth noting that you need to first compile those txt plugins then pack the bins, due to the way macs work. contrail released a tool to allow compiling of txts on a mac.

there is also a tutorial for expanding the stash here
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “Mac Modding”