plz help, 1.13 mac runeword / uber / stash mod?

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

blargus

plz help, 1.13 mac runeword / uber / stash mod?

Post by blargus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 am

I am using Diablo II 1.13c on Mac. I just want a simple mod to make single player more like multiplayer:

- Ladder only runewords
- Enable uber monster portals
- Larger stash (doesn't have to be infinite or shared; not essential)
- NOTHING ELSE (no modified skills, items, monsters, etc)

It is not possible to downgrade past 1.12 anymore, because Blizzard only provides that version to download. I have tried downloading earlier patches from other sources on the web, but haven't gotten any of that to work.

I know median XL works in 1.13, so modding for mac 1.13 is possible. However, it doesn't seem like any of the tools or tutorials mentioned elsewhere on this site are designed for 1.13.

Can anyone make such a mod as a simple mpq, or provide relevant info on how to do it?

Thanks

jeffdr

Re: plz help, 1.13 mac runeword / uber / stash mod?

Post by jeffdr » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 pm

As far as ladder-only rune words go, I think I have an answer for you:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=59705

carboxymoron

Re: plz help, 1.13 mac runeword / uber / stash mod?

Post by carboxymoron » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I’ve successfully merged files from Collector's Backpack 0.10 (inventory.bin, Inventory.txt and about 477 .dc6 files) as well as RWM runeword mod 1.13d for Mac - it came prepacked as mpq so I extracted runes.bin and Runes.txt, did a manual diff. Then inserted both mods files into my clean install of 1.13 on Mac. It's playing fine right now with the huge inv/stash but I have not tested the ladder runewords.

Some concerns: 1) I have no idea if the version of Collector's Backpack I found is up to date. What I understand is all the .dc6 graphics files were resized to fit the much smaller grid 16x14 inventory :), but if there are new items in 1.13's .dc6 files or just new files they would be unmodded or worse wrongly overwritten. I simply chose it over other inv mods because it provided a .bin file and I could not figure out how to generate a 1.13 .bin from the .txt using Souricette's Diablo II MPQ Tool which is only up to 1.11.

2) I found a possible typo in the RWM mod in Runes.txt where the row for Plague had "dmg-demons". Quick check of the rest of Runes.txt showed that "dmg-demon" is used but no other instances with the "s", so I just changed it, and also found the corresponding bits in runes.bin and edited the hex based on a diff with my unmodded 1.13 runes.bin.

3) Another concern, I used a 1.13 listfile I found online to read and save the modded mpq [Diablo II Patch (Carbon)] using Souricette's MPQ Tool. It definitely produced different results from the default filelist. But its unclear whether that listfile was 1.13 beta, 1.13c or 1.13d.

BUT LONG STORY SHORT, basically, the modded game is working right now, about halfway through act 1, for someone who just started reading about modding 24hrs ago in a fit of madness. IF anyone is remotely interested in just these 2 patches (inv/stash and ladder runewords) for Mac 1.13 reply here and I will share the Diablo II Patch (Carbon) file.

Return to “Mac Modding”