How to remove the "BATTLE.NET" button.

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

No votes

Total votes: 0

Terminus11

Re: How to remove the "BATTLE.NET" button.

Post by Terminus11 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:13 pm

Need help removing Battle.net button/functionality for version 1.00 please ;(

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: How to remove the "BATTLE.NET" button.

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:41 am

I won't swear to it (never modded D2 Classic), but it appears the D2Lang.dll exports didn't change from 1.00 to 1.10. If that is so, setting a conditional breakpoint ECX==13F3 on the D2Launch jump table should trigger when the button text is called. The jump table has many import references but here is the one I believe you want. The calling procedure return address will be in the stack at this point. If that doesn't do it, go to D2Lang.dll and set the conditional breakpoint on the first instruction in the actual exported function, then trace back in the stack.

Some strings are explicitly loaded using MOV ECX,{IndexNumber}, but this string does not appear to be one of them.

Code: Select all

10015FC0   $- FF25 DC060310 JMP DWORD PTR DS:[<&D2Lang.#10004>]      ;  D2Lang.#10004
One thing I spotted looking this up: it appears all the v1.00 DLLs have the image base set to 10000000, which means the first loaded module seizes that memory location and the rest of the dlls get relocated.

You can find loading code for any string using the same approach, just read the index number of the string in AFJ's tbl editor, then add it to the file base number (0 for string.tbl, 2710 for patchstring.tbl, 4E20 for expansionstring.tbl).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Code Editing”