My first attempt at CE

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

My first attempt at CE

Post by PureRage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:58 am

well ive taken the first tentative steps into CE tonight since i needed to extend soundenviron.txt for new music on some new levels.

I got that done np, then I went searching for some other stuff to get more of a feel for it when i stumbled upon this topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54528

i found the right place to edit (I think) and changed the 01 to 00 for uniques and sets, saved it then tried it out and it didn't seem to work.

I reopened the D2Game.dll and went back to the same line and the changes were still there so it has saved, that means I've done something wrong.

can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm super new to this, even simple stuff takes a while as it's completely alien to me currently, so bare with me if you could. :)
Last edited by PureRage on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Re: My first attempt at CE

Post by inferno-hero » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 am

LOL... i just pm'ed you the fix. Thanks to Necrolis tho...

just analyze after you edit. (ctrl + a)
then save
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 am

Olly will treat everything in the code section as pure assembly code, which is why you need to run the analysis to get it to pick up jump and switch tables (note though, you can only have one module analysed at a time...)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Oh I see, coolio, i'll try that now thanks!

Edit: Ok, i appologise in advance again for these silly mistakes.

So, I opened olly, attatched to d2. Executable Module = D2Game,. I found the line(s) in question, then changed the 01 on the correct lines to 00.

Then pressed Ctrl+A. This changed view to exactly how it looked in the post linked in the original post (though with 00 whare the 01's are).

I right click, go to copy>select all. Right click again and go to copy to executable>selection. Then right click the box that opens and go to save file > D2Game, save, then close olly.

Still when I enter the game and spawn a load of set items, the items with automagics in the txt's don't recieve them.

I'll keep at it in the mean time and again, I appologise for the stupid mistakes. :(
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:52 pm

I never copy from the running executable into the binary, rather just edit the binary its self. also, you can check yourself by attaching with your edited dll and see if the code is different (ire if your changes took). just note that you must have automagic that meets the requirements and its setup of the item
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm

ty sir, all fixed. Very much appreciated
Douglas Adams

Return to “Code Editing”