Has anyone ever worked with MPQDraft / IDA Pro?

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Has anyone ever worked with MPQDraft / IDA Pro?

Post by mmpx222 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:15 pm

MPQDraft is a modding tool that allows people to write plugins (custom DLLs that get loaded into StarCraft). I used to write MPQDraft plugins that injected/hooked into StarCraft: Brood War, using IDA Pro for decompiling functions, analyzing calling conventions, etc. In fact, there was a project called "GPTP" that provided many hooks and code injects, allowing Brood War modders to produce a variety of effects. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do the same with Diablo 2, and if so, could you please share your work?

Another thing--I used to work with IDA Pro to analyze assembly code, so it would be great if someone could share some IDB files of Diablo II (specifically v1.13c) as well.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Eimernase
Paladin

Re: Has anyone ever worked with MPQDraft / IDA Pro?

Post by Eimernase » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Well..its a while ago i worked at a dll to inject into D2 which was originally made for MPQ-Draft.
The name of this plugin is Thundergraft, which allows to use mp3/ogg/wma/flac-files instead of wav.
Thundergraft use the FMOD Ex for audio decoding.

The source code of MPQDraft was released public few years ago at Sourceforge

ThunderGraft can be found here

Return to “Code Editing”