Error while working with animations

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Error while working with animations

Post by jetaman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello. I'm working on new character animation and I encountering a problem. RA and LA animation isn't displayed correctly. Sometimes right arm or Left arm animation get on top of Torso animation. I've tried all kinds of combinations with layers an cof files. Nothing helps.But here's what I found in the Debug log. PLease help me understand the problem. Thanks

Code: Select all

Seed: 1822402073
 (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
Couldn't get cel handle in for:(null)  TYPE:0  CLASS:4  MODE:6  FILE:C:\projects\D2\head\Diablo2\Source\D2CMP\Src\SpriteCache.cpp  LINE:1833
(ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
EDIT:
I also noticed a weird bug: when I use the vanilla .cof file for BATWHTH, the layers are fixed, but the frames per direction are different than mine so I can't use that. But when I extract ini from that cof and use the same information + my dcc file the layers are wrong.

Barby

Re: Error while working with animations

Post by Barby » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:49 pm

When i was working with the charanimation 5 years ago, i realise thats very very important to use the right y and x off sets.

Greetings

Barby

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Barby" wrote:When i was working with the charanimation 5 years ago, i realise thats very very important to use the right y and x off sets.

Greetings

Barby
You mean y and x off sets in the dcc file or in the cof file? Because there are y and x off sets in the cof as well, which I don't fully understand. I use xmin = -512 xmax = 512 ymin = -512 ymax = 512 because this was in the default ini file. However, in vanilla cof files the offsets are different.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm

I am so frustrated - all .cof files that I make are not good. The layers go on top of each other - however vanilla cofs are good in terms of layers, but they have wrong ammount of frames per direction. In animation tutorial I read that it's possible to modify vanilla cof and to change the number of frames per direction, but I don't understand anything about code editing. So for example here's the screenshot of BATW1HS.cof.

As far as i understand it has 8 frames per direction - while I need 17. Can someone help me change this cof file?

Eimernase
Paladin

Post by Eimernase » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Read this and you can make cof files easily ;)

Return to “Code Editing”