[1.10] Restoring Hireling Running animation

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

[1.10] Restoring Hireling Running animation

Post by Ogodei » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi everyone :)

This is a quick fix on the Hireling and Pets AI that restores the running animation while following the player (in my opinion, it looks a lot better than that hyper-fast walking that he does in 1.10+)

Code: Select all

6FCD04AE    6A 02           PUSH 2   ; Use WL Animation
change 02 to 0F, in order to tell the Pets to use the RN animation while following the player.

If you also want the long-disabled feature which made the melee hireling use WL animation while approaching the enemy, here's the fix:

Code: Select all

6FCD03DF    6A 0F           PUSH 0F				Tell minions to go melee using RN anim
Change 0F to 02

*NOTE* This fix applies to every pet which is using a "Pet AI" (NecroPet, Shadow Master, Hireling...). In order to fully accomplish this fix, you have to create RN animations for your pets (the simplest way is cloning the WL .dcc's and .COF's and rename them to -RN- , and doing the same with the Animdata entries).

Hardwood

Re: [1.10] Restoring Hireling Running animation

Post by Hardwood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Sorry for the necro, but would anyone know where to find this edit in 1.13d?

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:11 am

Hey,

I'm modding 1.10, so I don't know the offsets for 1.13d, but I can give you a piece of advice.

-Open Diablo 2 and enter a game with a character whose mercenary is dead or not hired
-Attach Olly and go to D2Game
-Search for All commands -> Push 02
-Set a breakpoint on every Push 02, and then remove every command that gets breakpointed (because not related to your mercenary walking animation)
- Resurrect or hire your mercenary and have it follow you. This should be enough to find the correct command to edit

I hope this helped. Let me know!

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Mon May 02, 2022 1:08 am

Hello

I was modding the act 2 merc and i thought about this !
I knew that it required code editing of AI...

its not possible with soft?

I just managed to put the "helm" visual again (like in beta)

by the way, if you put "lit,med" in the visual equipment in monstats2.txt the game always select the "lit" one, is it normal? (its supposed to randomly chose between those 2..)
Its not changing with gear you put on merc, sadly^^

Thanks !

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:21 am

Ogodei wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:11 am
Hey,

I'm modding 1.10, so I don't know the offsets for 1.13d, but I can give you a piece of advice.

-Open Diablo 2 and enter a game with a character whose mercenary is dead or not hired
-Attach Olly and go to D2Game
-Search for All commands -> Push 02
-Set a breakpoint on every Push 02, and then remove every command that gets breakpointed (because not related to your mercenary walking animation)
- Resurrect or hire your mercenary and have it follow you. This should be enough to find the correct command to edit

I hope this helped. Let me know!
Hello!

Im trying what you said, i put breakpoint for every push2 and i clicked on "debugg" ->"Run" (F9)

im not sure whats happening, i got everything red in comands game search except one line that is black. Is it that one? I didnt yet ressurect my Merc.

its the only line that is black : 004A427A : 6A 02 PUSH 2 Arg2 = 2

im trying to change it now

EDIT : Merc is still walking^^ :(

Return to “Code Editing”