Making anni and torch drop as a regular unique item in 1.14 (Like gheeds)

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

FearedBliss

Making anni and torch drop as a regular unique item in 1.14 (Like gheeds)

Post by FearedBliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Hello all,

I want to look into making the anni and torch drop like gheeds in the game so I can disconnect this reward from ubers/uber code and allow SP people to be able to find it just as if they were looking for gheeds/shako/etc. I'm guessing there will be some modifications to TreasureClassEx.txt in order to add the anni and torch (Which I can't find the code for atm since I'm just in the theory stage) to the act bosses (or chests, etc).

'Annihilus' is what I see in the ROP entry for the TC. No torch code or entry (Since it's hard coded), Misc.txt has 'std' (standard) in there, which I think I can use this in order to do some memory scans and see what is using 'std'.. basically when standard drops, so does torch from what I understand. So there technically should be only one place in the game that std is used for drops and that should be close to the torch one. Anni is lvl 110 so there may need to be some changes there. Torch will probably be more difficult. Idk if I'm actually gonna tackle this problem of decoupling these rewards, but it would be an interesting discussion that may lead somewhere.

- Jonathan

jessedazebra
Russia

Re: Making anni and torch drop as a regular unique item in 1.14 (Like gheeds)

Post by jessedazebra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

If i'm not mistaken, all you have to do is just lower their lvl column in uniqueitems.txt. For example, both anni and torch have lvl 110 in here, so changing it to like lvl 86 or below will give you the opportunity to find these items just like gheeds.
PS. If you want some bosses to always drop it you can add strings of these items in Item* column in treasureclassesex.txt and set Prob* as well. As you mentioned before, ROP(H) column - Diablo Clone, it has picks - 1, it means that only one item will drop, unique 1024 and set, rare and magic are blank, nodrop equals zero, so it'll always drop, and then you'll see a name of this item and his rpobability to drop. You can change picks of ROP(H) column to 2, and add Hellfire Torch in Item2 column and set Prob2 to 1, so after killing Diablo Clone it will drop you Anni and Torch. You can add any unique or set item, these names are in uniqueitems.txt and setitems.txt in index column.

FearedBliss

Re: Making anni and torch drop as a regular unique item in 1.14 (Like gheeds)

Post by FearedBliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 am

Yup you are right, thanks. I was able to get it to work and included/released it in my mod.

https://github.com/fearedbliss/Succulent

Basically all I needed to do was set the Anni/Torch Lvl to 70 in UniqueItems.txt, then after that I modified the Jewelry C field in TreasureClassEx.txt and gave them a probability of 2. Sure everything else dropped a bit but it's ok, I wanted to get similar/to exact drop coverage as gheeds. The items also dropped in Catacombs Level 2 in Hell, but I couldn't get them to drop in Hell Act 1 - Bloody Moore/Cold Plains/Stony Field.. probably the iLvl for those maps aren't high enough.

1.14d:

Jewelry C Drop Rates (Before Anni/Torch Addition):

Rings - 40% Chance
Amulets - 20% Chance
Jewels/Charms - 10% Chance

Jewelry C Drop Rates (After Anni/Torch Addition):

Rings - 33.33% Chance
Amulets - 16.67% Chance
Jewels/Charms/Anni/Torch - 8.33% Chance

Return to “Code Editing”