D2CLIENT Error Line Number 496

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

D2CLIENT Error Line Number 496

Post by weapon-x » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 pm

hi all, i could not seem to find what is causing this error #496 nDifficultyLevels > MAX_DIFFICULTY_LEVELS if i am not mistaken :mrgreen:

i think the code fetches difficultylevels.txt and compares the number of rows, but i already checked and double checked this text file, what's odd is that i never touched this file.

a client code seems to run every 50-60 frames then does this check, i really have no clue what's causing the error as the calling codes seems a top level function or perhaps i am just to rusty to read em right :lol:

anyhow, this started appearing when i was working the waypoint expansion client-side :roll:

any ideas guys?

thanks in advanced
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: D2CLIENT Error Line Number 496

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Well, this error can only happen when the client's current difficulty global is corrupted; you need to do a memory-bp-on-write and see what is setting it above 2. Also make sure D2Client.0x6FAAC090 hasn't been broken.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Re: D2CLIENT Error Line Number 496

Post by weapon-x » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Necrolis wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm
Well, this error can only happen when the client's current difficulty global is corrupted; you need to do a memory-bp-on-write and see what is setting it above 2. Also make sure D2Client.0x6FAAC090 hasn't been broken.
thank you for these insights sir, i'll check em out as soon as i can :)

thanks !

edit:

ok, i think i may have solved the issue, here is what i did, i just added a *eol column in DifficultyLevels.txt and the error seemed to be fixed, needs further testing though. but so far so good :)

line 496 seems to be packet-related, will hunt down what's causing this when i have the chance :lol:
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Return to “Code Editing”