A question and request.

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

A question and request.

Post by Hells_Lord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 am

Question :

Is there a complete(ish) list of addresses/pointers and what they are for LOD 1.14D yet, if so where would I find it? I think it would be cool to make a program with this knowledge to display realtime stats and such in a separate window.

Request :

Would someone be able to edit the game file for LOD 1.14D to enable ubers, make cow kings repeatable and make monsters either appear on the map (like a map hack without the mapped area) or a numerical value of the remaining monsters on the map you are in or preferably both? I play single player and like to clear areas as I progress and having to run all over the area to double check the remainder is kind of annoying, the first 2 should be obvious about why I would want them. If someone wouldn't be willing to make this for me and anyone else interested, then would someone be willing to teach me from the ground up on how to make this possible?
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Re: A question and request.

Post by Hells_Lord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 am
It's better for you to downgrade to a lower version, like 1.13c or 1.11b . The game is still the same, but you will get a lot of help !
That I already knew about but doing this for the latest version is my goal.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Why so? you could get a lot of support for the older versions.
1. I would have to uninstall 1.14D plus remove all the registry keys involving it just to downgrade without issues that I have had with doing this in the past granted a version manager may actually work now fully making this step unneeded.
2. I prefer working with the newest versions of games instead of going back in time to make things.
3. If I did downgrade without a version manager then if I wanted to play on bnet later it would mess everything up.
4. I honestly just want to mod 1.14D why who knows just seems to be more interesting than chasing multiple files maybe?
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 pm

All after 1.13d doesn't change absolutely anything gameplay wise, UI wise or in any noticeable way. All it does in practice, is making modding much harder. That is the reason of Ogodei's question. Why won't you make a second installation (copy game folder) so you have 2 directories? 1 for modding, second for battle.net. What you ask for is quite a delicate subject as it may allow someone to interfere with the battle.net (hack).

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Nizari wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 pm
Why won't you make a second installation (copy game folder) so you have 2 directories? 1 for modding, second for battle.net.
I have tried making 2 game directories while having 1.14D for BNET before and it never once worked. I could get the 2 separate directories but I had so many issues cropping up in running the older version that I just ended up deleting it.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Here is how I did my two D2 directories:

1. Backup everything you've done until now.
2. Uninstall everything related to D2
3. install a fresh D2 version (better if from cd or a non 1.14 launcher ofc)
4. Upgrade this installation to the version you want to get ( I would recommend you 1.10f , 1.11b or 1.13c as these seem to be the most supported ones)
5. Clone this installation and rename it to something else
6. Update the original installation to the latest D2 version: You will be using this one for vanilla battle.net
7. Merge your saved backup with the cloned installation (you may want to backup your mod's vanilla version, too :) ).
8. From now on, start modding with your non-1.14 version.

EDIT: Also, remember that for non 1.14 versions you can use D2SE !

I hope this helps you.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm
Here is how I did my two D2 directory:
For once it worked after about an hour of removing anything and everything in the registry so thanks for that. So I have 1.13c and 1.14d now. Guess this will make things easier still no idea on how to do the edits though and how to read and only read the game while it is up to display stats and such in a different window.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Return to “Code Editing”