[1.13c] Red Portals in Cube

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Ap0calypse
Brazil

[1.13c] Red Portals in Cube

Post by Ap0calypse » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi everyone! I've spent the last 10 hours reading and searching for a way to add custom cube portals to 1.13c.

I already tried opening uvlod dll in olly, due to the similarity between the dlls, in an attempt to port it, with no success =)

So I believe my best shot is to port this code:
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34090

From ''taking a step further'' on.

But it looks a bit confusing to me, since I dont know the original code to port it.

Can someone give me directions? I'm at the ''runewords on specific qualities'' level, thats as far as I have achieved so far.

thaison
Paladin
Vietnam

Re: [1.13c] Red Portals in Cube

Post by thaison » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:36 am

Check Project Lolet D2ex2 and D2Server: https://github.com/jankowskib

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 am

The Tutorials on red portals done by Village Idiot are highly recommended as a way to learn assembly.

Porting this to 1.13d had some issues that I wasn't able to solve in assembly at the time (3 yrs ago) with portal name strings. With assembly I had to manually add these strings for each level that I wanted to create portals to. After I transitioned code to C++, the name strings became a non issue.

I remember seeing a thread where someone created red portals with softcoded missiles for 1.11+ versions like how KingPin did it for 1.10, but IIRC it also had issues.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Ap0calypse
Brazil

Post by Ap0calypse » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 am

devurandom wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 am
The Tutorials on red portals done by Village Idiot are highly recommended as a way to learn assembly.

Porting this to 1.13d had some issues that I wasn't able to solve in assembly at the time (3 yrs ago) with portal name strings. With assembly I had to manually add these strings for each level that I wanted to create portals to. After I transitioned code to C++, the name strings became a non issue.

I remember seeing a thread where someone created red portals with softcoded missiles for 1.11+ versions like how KingPin did it for 1.10, but IIRC it also had issues.

yeah, I used the red portal missiles, they're actually amazing, but I would like to add areas that require some farming to go to, and I'm already using the cow level recipe for one of those (and made cow level access from town).

I'm willing to learn c++, but I don't really know where to start for now. So far, all I can do is compile other people's sources.

Thanks devurandom, I've been learning a lot with your topics, and it's encouraging to see that you learned all this so quickly!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

With C/C++ I had books laying around for years, I read from those, but also I would lookup examples online how to do one particular part of what I was trying to do. Really its about investing serious amounts of time to learn it.

This is a good site to learn C++ with lots of examples.
https://www.learncpp.com/
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “Code Editing”