MonStats Flags in D2MonStatsTxt

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

karlock

MonStats Flags in D2MonStatsTxt

Post by karlock » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 am

with https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61189
struct D2MonStatsTxt
dwMonStatsFlags +0x0C

In 1.10 D2Common.#11060 will check this flag, 0x00000040 means "BOSS" and D2Common.#11065 checks 0x00000080.
Accroding to boss dealing 200% damage to hirelings and 400% damage to pets with the code arounds ,does flag that 0x00000080 means "BOSS", too?

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Re: MonStats Flags in D2MonStatsTxt

Post by Nizari » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 am

No, damage bonus stands for PrimeEvil flag only.

karlock

Post by karlock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am

Nizari wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 am
No, damage bonus stands for PrimeEvil flag only.
Oh! I see, the End Act bosses. Blood Raven has no damage bonus to mercenaries, but Andariel has.

https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52403

Code: Select all

CALL <JMP.&D2Common.#11060>              ;  D2CheckUnitBoss(FileMonstatsTable* pRecord, D2UnitStrc* pMonster);
I have found this. it seems more confused. Blood Raven is treated as a boss, not just a super uniques?
I think I need to print full D2MonStatsTxts list from sgptDataTable. JUST DIG IT OUT! :twisted:

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am

In vanilla yes, I think so, iirc only act bosses. For clarification, you can set this field to be 'true' for anything in monstats.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm

karlock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am
I have found this. it seems more confused. Blood Raven is treated as a boss, not just a super uniques?
I think I need to print full D2MonStatsTxts list from sgptDataTable. JUST DIG IT OUT! :twisted:
SuperUniques are mutated base monsters, they get umods applied and a few extra boni; there is no requirement for a boss to be in SuperUniques.txt (and it if was, it would be a different monster technically speaking).

Most special bosses are base monsters, that are assigned hardcoded umods, quest data, name color etc. the boss and primeevil flags give them additional boni (such as not being able to be frozen), but also change the way their AI works (it allows the to play taunts).
One should also note that there are two types of boss flag: there is the one in monstats.txt, and then there is one in pMonsterData. They are not equivalent for all purposes (champains and rare monsters are marked as bosses in the pMonsterData flags for instance).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

karlock

Post by karlock » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 am

Necrolis wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm
karlock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am
SuperUniques are mutated base monsters, they get umods applied and a few extra boni; there is no requirement for a boss to be in SuperUniques.txt (and it if was, it would be a different monster technically speaking).

Most special bosses are base monsters, that are assigned hardcoded umods, quest data, name color etc. the boss and primeevil flags give them additional boni (such as not being able to be frozen), but also change the way their AI works (it allows the to play taunts).
One should also note that there are two types of boss flag: there is the one in monstats.txt, and then there is one in pMonsterData. They are not equivalent for all purposes (champains and rare monsters are marked as bosses in the pMonsterData flags for instance).
Thanks. :)

Return to “Code Editing”