Red portal 1.13c

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

strafano
Italy

Red portal 1.13c

Post by strafano » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Hello,
I would like to remove the cave entrance and reach that area via a red portal. Which is the easiest way to do it?
I read many topics regarding missiles portals but they were not for 1.13c version.
Any suggestion

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Red portal 1.13c

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:20 am

Are you using a randomly generated level or a preset level? If it's randomly generated, copy and paste your desired level. In the applicable Vis columns, have them point to each other. Then set applicable warps to 19. This was still spawn the entrances and exits, but will disable the ability to use them to access other areas. Have your source of spawning portals to point to your original level.

An example of doing this: https://i.imgur.com/CLLYpfY.png Left to right is the vis and warp columns in the nilathak temple tileset. Thanks to marco for the trick

strafano
Italy

Post by strafano » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am

XiresNar wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:20 am
Are you using a randomly generated level or a preset level? If it's randomly generated, copy and paste your desired level. In the applicable Vis columns, have them point to each other. Then set applicable warps to 19. This was still spawn the entrances and exits, but will disable the ability to use them to access other areas. Have your source of spawning portals to point to your original level.

An example of doing this: https://i.imgur.com/CLLYpfY.png Left to right is the vis and warp columns in the nilathak temple tileset. Thanks to marco for the trick
Thanks for the info.
But how to create a red portal in 1.13c and linking it to the desired area?

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:27 pm

strafano wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am
XiresNar wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:20 am

Thanks for the info.
But how to create a red portal in 1.13c and linking it to the desired area?
You will have to refer to whatever plugin's readme you're using to see how to implement it. If you aren't using it already, BaseMod has Red Portals you can make with cube recipes.

strafano
Italy

Post by strafano » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Is it actually possible to make redportals in 1.13c by softcoding missile.txt and related .txt files?

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:50 pm

strafano wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 pm
Is it actually possible to make redportals in 1.13c by softcoding missile.txt and related .txt files?
If I recall correctly the answer is no, but as mentioned in the post above, if you use Base Mod you can do it via cubemain.txt

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 am

I think someone else did this in 1.13c, but I don't recall ATM if they had other issues. a problem would still be hardcoded portal name strings. you'd have portals but no name to level, unless its one of the levels with hardcoded portal name string already. If I remember right there was a weird issue going above 0x7F level id with these portal name strings, because the data type is char levelID.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “Code Editing”