Sparse populate function

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

JayBrainDead

Sparse populate function

Post by JayBrainDead » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I've searched in the code editing forums but couldnt find what I was looking for. What im trying to achieve is to make a very rare monster with ridiculously small chance spawn in any level. Adding the monster to every level is simple enough, then I can use sparse populate to make sure it is not encountered to often. My issue is that 1/100 chance is still way too much.

Right now, Sparse populate is a X percent chance for monster to spawn when it is chosen, as far as I can understand.
So if you enter the value 50 in MonStats, the monster will only spawn half the time when it chosen
Im expecting part of the code to include a line like CMP (R32),64 64(100) being the max value

% Chance allows for some amount of precision but I would like to make the odds way lower than that like 1/1000 or something

First step would to be locate where this function is before we can modify it, I've had no success on my own. Im on 1.13c but information for any version is welcome.

Return to “Code Editing”