How to raise max player cap in multiplayer.

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

eM-Krow
United States of America

How to raise max player cap in multiplayer.

Post by eM-Krow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:49 am

So Karl had figured this out for D2GA and had said it was a simple value he changed from 8 -> 32 and that allowed people past 8 to join. However their life values would be invisible unless they were visible in the player list so he made a player page list using the mute/squelch buttons.

I need to know how to change the max player count from 8 to value X in assembly. I have C++ code I found off of Open D2 but I'm not sure how to even use this.

Anyways anyone with a bit of assembly for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Burn
South Africa

Re: How to raise max player cap in multiplayer.

Post by Burn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 am

same here :P

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 am

Its not as simple as just changing a value from 8 to some other number; there are a HUGE amount of things behind the scenes that rely on there being a max of 8 players (like the AI targeting nodes). Have a look at lolets D2Ex2 on Github, not sure if all the patches are in the base versions, as he seems to have pulled the server version he had up that had almost all the needed patches.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

eM-Krow
United States of America

Post by eM-Krow » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 am

Ok so I took a look at that and tested it. Is there a way to make it so people can join with any version without needing modifications from the client? Like per say anyone from 1.12a-1.14d, or at least just 1.14d being able to join the game.

Return to “Code Editing”