Confuzzled?

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Mimi Bunny!

Confuzzled?

Post by Mimi Bunny! » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:13 am

Hello!<3

I recently bought Diablo 2 and have been playing mods for it, and I've really come to enjoy Blackened, especially playing as the Sorceress. However, I have a question.

I recently discovered these forums and have been patrolling them in curiosity of the version- the current version I think I am playing is 3.5, but I have seen people playing version B4 and the like, and am confused- Some say Version 4 is not out yet, others say it is, some say it is only a beta now... could someone clarify this for me? :( Thanks bunches!

~Sincerely, Mimi Bunny!<3
I is a Bunny. Pet the Bunny. Now. >:3

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 am

Blackened is still in beta, beta 3.5 is the current public beta version, but if you join the blackened irc channel(#blackened-mod on gamesurge), you can download the beta 4 release(its not 'public', as things are radically different, and due to all the updating, saves are regularly broken)
Last edited by Necrolis on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:07 am

Yeah pretty much what Necrolis said, its changing to much to often to have a static public release. But if you get into the IRC channel. you can do that via this webspace, just look over at the Community section above features, or get mIRC. You can download B4 and play that, even play in TCP with anyone else loitering around testing it out such as my self.

If you do (or anyone for that matter) does show up would be nice if they stick around. Most people seem to join for about 5 minutes then run away.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Mimi Bunny!

Post by Mimi Bunny! » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:53 pm

I would but I's all bunnified about playing online. I don't like to do it often..

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:42 am

Ah well, don't have to play online, but getting on IRC is the only way anyone gets to help me test out non-public builds. And im unsure what you mean by...bunnified =P

That like...tired of it, scared of it, to much hassle...?

Mimi Bunny!

Post by Mimi Bunny! » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:42 pm

It's really kind of both tired and too much of a hassle. I've run into a lot of people on Diablo 2 who just up and kill me or something stupid. And I lag the tiniest bit.. meh.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 am

Ah well im not talking about bnet, you can't play mods in Bnet. TCP is bit more controled but thats no biggy either way. ATM current B4 has a lot of little issues Necrolis needs to get to fixing before i can run a proper Cleric test. clicking 'talk' on NPC causes a crash half the time, sometimes just trying to 'chat' in MP while your using an NPC causes it to crash to. >.>

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 am

I've fixed that now so no problems there :P, i just have one or two minor issues to fix. Blackened isn't pvp and there aren't any jerks that test with us so no need to worry about being pk'ed. Lag also isn't an issue, i generally slow everyone down(:(), but i'm working on improving d2s performance
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:08 am

Yeah, very controled enviroment thankfully, thats one nice thing about TCP over Bnet...one down side though is 'finding people'...thats the issue there heh.

WhiteRhymes

Re: Confuzzled?

Post by WhiteRhymes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 am

actually in 3.5 pvp was alot of fun imo :D much unlike online people dien in one hit.. it took SEVERAL!

once b4 is done im sure it will be GREAT once again :D i cant wait :P and dont worry everyone around blackened are good people and wont be meany to you lil bunny rabbit
Blackened Stuffs:
Forums|Hamachi Servers!

Zanzu
Champion of the Light

Re: Confuzzled?

Post by Zanzu » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 am

My biggest problem is that i've an issue bout what time i enjoy getting on...sadly when i get on the IRC theres nobody else around 90% of the time, or people who tend to dislike my company :p

Return to “Blackened”