Paladin Holy Shield ???

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

CanYouImagineIt

Paladin Holy Shield ???

Post by CanYouImagineIt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Hello to everyone :).
I'm playing Blackened mod and i'm with my paladin level 18 i was thinking to make him Smiter but the Holy Shield skill does not increase the Smite Damage of the shields :/.
Can anyone help me with this problem ? Is this normal ? I will be waiting for answers :].

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Paladin Holy Shield ???

Post by Adhin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Sorry haven't checked the forums in awhile. If I remember I made the 'Holy Shield' skill with 2 passives and 1 offensive ability with it (which might have a passive portion to it). The offensive one (the bash its self) is what will be increasing your damage. But I'm not sure if I set it up as a primary damage source. Knowing me (and yes its been years so I don't remember it exaclty) its designed as a utility skill. Make fights easier, stun em so you can hack them up easier with your primary left-click attack (which is one of the top 3 skills - which are weapon dependent).
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

CanYouImagineIt

Post by CanYouImagineIt » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 am

Hi again well the Holy Shield have 2 Passive skills one that increase the defense when you cast HS and another that Returns Damage back at enemys. My question was it say's on the skill "Add 3-7 Smite Damage" and the shield i use do 1-3 Smite Damage when i cast HS the 3-7 Smite Damages doesn't add to the 1-3 so my question is does this works only for Pally shields or it's an issue ?

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 am

its not going to add it directly TO the shield its self. Basically make sure you have the Shield Bash skill up and check your stat page, see if the dmg for it gets higher with more points. If it doesn't, chances are its just a readout issue.

CanYouImagineIt

Post by CanYouImagineIt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Well the Holy Shield in normal Diablo 2 LoD it addes to the shield. And i've try'd it like you say'd to start the HS and than to use Bash but still it doesn't add :/. And another think i taught about it can the HS add smite damage only on Pally Shields ??? Thanks for answering and waiting for more replys. :)

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:46 am

No it should add it to all shields, if it doesnt I probably was confused with how it worked when I implemented it.

B4 wont have this issue when I get to the 'paladin' character and his class with the bash skill. Mostly because of how I handle dmg. I'll probably have a base dmg all shields have with a %bash dmg (smite dmg) via the Shield Bashing skill.

CanYouImagineIt

Post by CanYouImagineIt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 am

Okay thanks for all the replys i will be waiting for B4 to come out :].

Return to “Blackened”