Constant crashing

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Kaplox

Constant crashing

Post by Kaplox » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 pm

I've played the mod for like 10 minutes and then it crashed, leaving me this message: "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION(c0000005)"
I'm playing v3.5 and followed the instructions in the website on how to install (I'm using a plain LOD instalation, didn't use any other mods on it)
the thing is: whenever I create a new character I can play, but if I exit so I can play another char I get that error again as soon as i try to enter a SP game using the other char, but i can host TCP/IP games to play...
can anyone help me out with this? i really didnt want to have to host TCP/IP games to play, since sometimes if i "save and exit" it will simply kick me out, making me lose my progress :cry:

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Constant crashing

Post by Adhin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 pm

The problem your talking about 'should' be the overflow issue from to many errors when you attempte to create a game. Its an old issue with B2 and B3.5 that I didn't know how to fix up till some point making B4. Then I realized a lot of simple things that don't really cause an issue for the game techically end up (if theres a lot of them, 100+) cause that random crash.

For instance I can have hundreds of reserve skills in the skills.txt file, but if I give them links to skilldesc (for in-game readout, name/dmg that kinda stuff) with out the skilldesc entries - it'll crash.

Now as for crashing 10 minutes into getting a char going? No clue on that one. if it happens every, single, time then I definitely have no clue. If its just a fluke crash probably has nothing to do with the game. At one point some bugged thing dropped in 1.10 for me once (non-modded game) in a TCP game and anytime someone got near that item/area they'd crash. So no telling which is rjust D2 being an ass or something I did years ago :P

So to sum this up:
10 minutes? no clue.
Crash trying to bring a char into game - its random, it sucks but you really don't have much reason to be save/exiting to quickly start playing again anyways. Unless your doing some transfer thing then your using TCP.

And all these issues are fixed (or well irrelevant to B4). Course currently there's an absurd amount of bugs in B4 from the new coding which hopefully will be getting smoothed out.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Kaplox

Post by Kaplox » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks a lot Adhin, i really believe the crashing after some time was random, but now i've just figured out that if i removed the "-txt" from my shortcut it wouldnt crash anymore when creating games(idk if it was just coincidence, but it did, and i really have no clue what "-txt" is used for :D )

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:40 am

-txt is used to run bin compilation, so you should be fine without it, so long as you've run the mod atleast once with it
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah, I thought that fixed the issue back in the day too but it wont - you'll still experience. It might happen a hell of a lot less though since it wont be trying to compile the bin files over and over.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Return to “Blackened”