Still in development?

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Aerindeloras

Still in development?

Post by Aerindeloras » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey there.

Just checking up on things, as me and my friend are very interested in this mod, especially the reworking of the acts, as we have played those to infinity and beyond. We have played tons of mods, mostly Median XL, but while that was excellent, we still go through the same quests, bosses, etc.

Therfore, just to check on things, is this mod still in development? And do you have any estimates at all, as to when B5 will be done?

Thanks.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Still in development?

Post by kingpin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 pm

it have been stated a numerous of times in forum that this mod still is in development and I know adhin is working hard on it.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 am

well we ain't thinking of B5 yet, we still have to do the public release of B4 :P, but yes, as kingpin say, Adhin and I are working hard
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah working on it (and sadly other RL crap + other games) but its moving. Been trying to streamline skill development so players don't get to confused with the crazy class stuff I come up with.

Should be noted B4 might end up being more of a... playground of killing stuff instead of quests. The current test version, for instance has A1 and 2 in but the quests don't really function and its just a method to run around and test out stuff. So I can make boss battles and whatnot, test out monsters.

Once I get the character skills and such in I'll be doing maps and monsters specific to each location instead of making a list of monsters to just have randomly spawned around like D2 had.

I was originally going to try and make a large library of monsters to use and paint em down where it made sense. After some monster tests I decided hand making the encounters will be the best method. So given I have time and there's still interest down the road I might end up doing a release with the chars, a single town and some questing areas and slowly add new areas in as updates. Till the worlds completely fleshed out kinda thing.

No idea though, we'll see.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Return to “Blackened”