soo hows b4 coming along?

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

randyy

soo hows b4 coming along?

Post by randyy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

wondering how the progress is going. :) very excited for it to be released. but only one question, do you expect to finish it before D3 comes out? rumor has it that D3 is coming out this august!! :O

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: soo hows b4 coming along?

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Rumor about D3 comming out in august is probably pretty wrong.

Before even beta is out. you wont see it for another 4-6 months from that date is my bet.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I have no idea when it'll be out to be honest, and in all likelihood the next release wont have any quest or access to majority of the acts. So im not sure how much fun people will have with it, lacking goals and such that normal game ends up having. But I have to get all the character class skills done and in, new Skill Tab design to get put in and a few other things but...yeah. Best I can give you for an answer, no ETA sadly.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Euk1337

Post by Euk1337 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Soooooooooooo...

Is this still alive? Was really looking forward to it

randyy

Post by randyy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:32 pm

well thats no big deal :) ill be waiting for the day it does release. oh and about d3 i dont think its going to be as good as we are all hoping.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Yeah its still alive, its just taking a godawful long time. Necrolis is getting in custom scripting stuff for skills currently which should let me get back to class stuff. Want it in before I go to far into that to avoid re-doing work. God knows I've redone an absurd amount of work at this point.

Kress

Post by Kress » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Adhin!
I've been waiting for this mod to be finished for a long time now, just keep up the good work and dont give up on the project! :)
If my opinion is worth something I must tell you that if you always keep changing things it is never gonna be finished. I know you want to do quality work, but I think you should just make the core things in the mod and implement those ideas that make it a unique mod, your mod. Moreover, if it is not finished or updated it wont attract so many people since they dont want to play with an unfinished mod and that strips you of your chance of getting valuable feedback from them on the mod. I think I we had a "stable" enough foundation to play with players could really help in development and testing.
It is only my opinion I hope I could contribute a bit.
cheers

marquise

Post by marquise » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:10 am

6 years for b4 and its still not out yet? O.o

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:38 pm

(TL:DR - skip past the line)

Yup, not really... and when I do get it out I'll probably call it something else and folks probably will be horribly disappointed cause it has no quests. I've re-done everything so many times at this point it's not just 'adding in the last 2 chars'. Current DLL version I got has all quests disabled, hell I don't even have vendors working again. Pretty sure I wont have any quests in when I get all 7 characters finished.

Now I got some stuff set in stone now I'm happy with (even setting an ultimatum if I try to change it again I'm just dropping the project all together). Need to decide wtf I'm going to do when I get all chars finished up. I can either release that 'as is' as a kinda monster-killing sandbox in A1-2. No quests, just monsters to murder through out Act 1, and can talk to Warriv at any time to toss you to A2 for more areas to murder random stuff. There currently all test monsters.

As per that I had originally decided to do a large library of monsters (like a monster manual) and pick/choose what to use on quests but after doing tests with these monsters I've decided they all have to be made for each specific area. Maybe a few 'oh these will work over here too' but it just wont work as a main thing.

My options once I have all 7 chars done are basically release that as is, as stated above. Or try to get a starting location/quests in (which wont be a lot of content) prior to release. In either case I'll probably try to release quest related stuff in chunks kind of like Kingpin has been doing with Dark Alliance (of which I've been helping with skill ideas/stuff on that project recently).

Got a lot of ideas on that side of things though, like a universal 'your dead' map you go to instead of popping up in last town or whatever. That kinda thing would have to go in from the get-go ehh... anyway yeah.

Sorry about it taking so damn long but that's my bad on just re-doing {filtered} over and over again. Whenever I do get it out, it's not gonna feel anything like the last mod (or D2, for the most part). Much closer to my original idea/dream of what I wanted to do. And no, D3 wont stop the project - that things like some kinda mutant bastard child of D2 that at least looks a lot nicer. Still plan to play it but I really hate every char they decided to put into that except the barb.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 pm

will the separated head gear, gloves, boots and armor coloring when equipping, make it with the next release?

that stuff really inspired me alot :mrgreen: ...

Blackened, Immersion and Dark Alliance are the mods that got me into modding :P

will stay tuned for the next release, even if there are no quests i'd still try it out...

you can still release small patches containing a bundle of mini-quests anyhow ;)
Adhin" wrote:D3 wont stop the project - that things like some kinda mutant bastard child of D2 that at least looks a lot nicer. Still plan to play it but I really hate every char they decided to put into that except the barb.
same here... it has cool gfx and all but... nah... for me it's just a blade and sword / torchlight hybrid clone :twisted:

good luck :)
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 am

Yeah I have armor split up and I'll have it split up like that one way or another. We had one version of the DLL that had had the graphics split up properly but palshifting was messed up. Necrolis seemed to of just straight up removed it in later DLL's (on my end) and has to re-activate it for the next ones.

So in base items, it being split up with that in mind will be there at least and hopefully it'll also have the physical representation in the DLL.

Getting a new computer soon (currently on a FedEX truck). Not sure how many people have {filtered} old computers like the one im on now (12+ years old) but with the new computer I maaaay end up adding more... ehh... stuff? Wont be as limited as I was I guess heh. More light sources! MORE LIGHT SOURCES!

Sorry in advance to anyone whos computer this may destroys.

Silvist

Post by Silvist » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Heyo everyone,

Just wanted to say this is by far one of the most bad ass mods I've played in a while! I'm a huge D&D fan, so win win with BG NWN style :D I'm still trying to figure out all the differences with Blackend. I'm currently playing v3.5 blackend.

I realize this has been in the works for a long time, and I was a tad confused because I kept finding myself redirected to http://kardon.biz/adhin/blackened/. Great site and all, but it looks to not have been updated since 2009 lol. Finally found the download links on http://www.planetdiablo.com/modding/mods/database/, which was listed in your readme.

My sorc currently is only lvl 18, barely out of act 1. So I'm kinda of curious what you ment by racial traits, and other skills. I'm sure though I'll probably figure it out as I progress further though ;p

One thing I have to say I really like is most of the unique spell effects and sounds. I made the mistake of playing with it set to 8 players, and for the veteran diablo player that I am, it was no easy task (which makes it fun ;p)

I just wanted to thank you Adhin, and Necrolis for all your hard work, and your excellent mod. I hope everything goes well with your new computer (i nearly had to get a new one myself after spilling coffee randomly all over mine...thankfully I had some spair parts lol)

Return to “Blackened”