Scope of the mod

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

RymB

Scope of the mod

Post by RymB » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am

Hello,

I have a question about the two versions of Blackened: Beta 3.5 and Beta 4: What's the scope of those versions in terms of availability of the acts? I have read different things, like that Beta 4 only includes Act 1, but nothing definite.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Scope of the mod

Post by Adhin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:38 am

Currently just trying to get the 7 characters finished, which sounds bigger then it is in relation for 'B4' since It's a complete re-do. A lot of code changes have hit in my current files that... well there's literally no quests. It's just maps and some temporary monsters to test stuff against.

So, B4 will most likely just be all 7 characters finished with A1 and A2 populated with some monsters to kill. But that'll be about it. Once I get to that point I plan to try and get out towns and quests and stuff in chunks.

As for B3.5 that just uses all of base cLoD so... you can go DL that now get an idea for the kind of skills I do and play through D2LoD with.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

RymB

Post by RymB » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Adhin" wrote: So, B4 will most likely just be all 7 characters finished with A1 and A2 populated with some monsters to kill. But that'll be about it. Once I get to that point I plan to try and get out towns and quests and stuff in chunks.
And the current version of Beta 4 with the patch?
Adhin" wrote: As for B3.5 that just uses all of base cLoD so... you can go DL that now get an idea for the kind of skills I do and play through D2LoD with.
Also nightmare and hell difficulty?

Edit: Bumb, in case Adhin has overlooked this post.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Beta 4 isn't actually out. Not really sure why I called them betas or whatever. But B3.5 is out currently, and yeah you can get all the way into hell with B3.5. It just changes some skills, replaces 1 map, doesn't really do anything else beyond that.

All of the 'beta 4 stuff' has been test things I've let people DL over the erm, years via IRC. Most of that's been replaced, redone, few times now. Once all 7 chars are done in the format I have going now it'll go public but wont have any quests. Not enough monsters to really populate more then 2 acts, and there ultimately just test monsters anyways.

RymB

Post by RymB » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Once all 7 chars are done
How much of the characters have you already finished atm?
Not enough monsters to really populate more then 2 acts
Then it won't be possible to get into higher difficulties?

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 pm

None, been waiting on a lot of code edits to get finished. Had about 1 page outa the 4 finished on the necro parior to that so that parts done. Just got a DLL that has the skill scripting in (of which im horrible at scripting).

With B4 or whatever anyone wants to call it yeah you wont be getting into higher difficulties but I don't want to have them in the first place. I'm not a huge fan of the quick-linear path you re-do 3 times. I'd rather have all 3 difficulties be active from the get-go and they be just that, difficulties.

Though I'm mostly thinking of making NM/Hell (or whatever I call them) work more as multiplayer setups. You know, higher monster count and things adjusted for multiple people as upping health doesn't completely compensate that. Also would make it easier to adjust stuff in normal with solo in mind. And you know anyone who just wants to try dealing with the difficulty intended for 4+ people can go ahead and give it a go.

All that said you gadda keep in mind the kind of changes coming that'll soak up a lot of extra time before i can release it. Part of why I wait to get the DLL changes over just working on crap I'll have to re-do again. Probably involve completely new GUI in its entirety, hopefully widescreen 16:9, 720 support and whatnot.

Return to “Blackened”