Dragons' Uprising

Information and updates for the Dragons' Uprising mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: reiyo_oki

No votes

Total votes: 0

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon May 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Yeah, they only have a few skills right now. I removed most of them for reworking, and will add them as I get more done. the trick is, I have to get the same number done for each class before I can enable any more

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

MarkMega

Re: cant start

Post by MarkMega » Tue May 04, 2004 5:08 am

yeah i know that
and thanx for telling me y there are so less skills they will be more in one of the next versions right?

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue May 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Yep, I already have one more on each class set up. As well as a completely new skill started (on paper anyway) for each class.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Status Updates

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue May 04, 2004 5:03 pm

Here's a little bit of what I'm up to:

-Working on a new skill for each class:
  • Earth Spire (Brown Dragon)
    Apocalypse (Red Dragon)
    Typhoon (Green Dragon)
    Exorcism (White Dragon)
    Shadow Flare (Black Dragon)(Yes, I got the name from FFVII)
    Chromatic Spray (Similar to standard breath attacks, but does random elemental damage)(Gold Dragon)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

New moderator

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed May 05, 2004 8:09 pm

Welcome to darken_star , who has just been added to the staff of the mod. She will be aiding with various aspects of the mod, once I get her up to speed :)
Last edited by reiyo_oki on Mon May 10, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: New moderator

Post by kingpin » Sat May 08, 2004 12:08 am

Isn't he a she? :)

Congratz to both off you :)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: New moderator

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon May 10, 2004 4:49 pm

hehe, yep, fixed the post above :D

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

New stuff, what do you think?

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon May 10, 2004 6:29 pm

I think I'm going to use parts of the "Ancient Language" from "Eragon" in the mod. So I would be replacing the word "fire" with brisingr and earth/stone with stenr, and so forth. Eventually I hope to incorporate the language into all of the skills. I won't do this for speeches or items, for readability's sake. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

dragon kin

Re: New stuff, what do you think?

Post by dragon kin » Tue May 11, 2004 10:57 pm

its a wonderfull idea, ive read eragon a few times and cant wait till the next book comes out. could you possably make them like cube things? like find the right letters to enchant an item with fire dmg?
ImageImage
u ckulpro eh cyurbol (a sparkle of silver)
u ckosp eh terz (a speck of gold)
u gquyumpro eh zyuunemzc (the twinkle of diamonds)
gloucaloc eh erz (treasures of old))

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue May 11, 2004 11:32 pm

I think that can be arranged. I think I'll re-enable the tempering recipies for this :D This way you will get even more than you bargain for.

I think the recipies will be something like:
letter1+letter2+letter3+crafting Item+item=Tempered item with a few set mods.

so if you had say...
brisingir+stenr+Yawe+Crystal sword

you would get a tempered crystal sword with enhanced damage, and added fire damage, plus a few other random mods.

Nickthenec

can you convert the exe file

Post by Nickthenec » Thu May 20, 2004 4:10 am

the creator of this drop mod needs to make it into a strait .mpq file for macintosh users because our comps can't open .exe files.
L8tr thx! :mrgreen:

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: can you convert the exe file

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu May 20, 2004 4:52 pm

Dragons' Uprising isn't a drop mod, but I did make the one that's available from the site. I completely spaced the fact that macs can't use .exe files, you CAN however use -direct -txt mods, check the mac modding forum to see how. I'll put the dropmod into a .zip (which stuffit can decompress) so that you guys can use it.

lich

1.10 ???

Post by lich » Sun May 30, 2004 3:43 pm

Can I install Ur mod in DiabloII LOD 1.10 ?? I've just download it but I coundn't played it. What's wrong?
great emotion

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: 1.10 ???

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:37 pm

The mod is designed specifically to run with 1.10, so yes. The problem you have is probably because you don't have Visual Basic Runtime installed. Just use the -direct -txt method instead, if you don't want to install vb that is.

lich

Re: 1.10 ???

Post by lich » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:34 pm

really? Thank for answer, I'll try to play it :)
great emotion

Moore500

Mod will not run

Post by Moore500 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:31 pm

Got DiabloII LOD 1.10 on comp plus VB runtime. Still dont run right HOW do i use the direct text method.
PLZ post links to webpages. :x

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:36 pm

just look around the keep forums and you'll find out how to run direct mods. Dont worry, sometimes the scripts are just wierd...

Atika

Skill issue on dragonic tab

Post by Atika » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:46 am

When ever I click the skill in the upper right corner of the dragonic tab, the game crashes. This happens with the barbarian, sorceress and necromancer. All of the other skills seem fine on that page. (that I have seen)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:26 am

Thanks for posting, this is useful, at leat I know it's not just one skill doing it on one character now. I may be able to pinpoint the problem with a bit more information...again, thank you.

Atika

Other suggestions and/or bugs

Post by Atika » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:18 am

This is a really cool work in progress!
Some suggestions:

1. The various types of potions should have different colors. Right now the rejuv potions are the same color as the blood potions. Or make the bottle shapes different.

2. Some spoilers are needed to plan skill point useage. At this point, I don't know what to put my skills into.

3. More monsters needed in areas where Shaman have been taken away.

4. Thowing stars seem to be the only way to go. The other sold weapons don't do the damage needed.

5. Tried the blue dragon. I froze when putting a second skill point in dire wolf. (assertion failure Location : d2client\engine\gfxutil.cpp, line 1437
Express eCom[ponent < Num_Components

6. With gold dragon I was having an easy time until the underground passage. I then decided it would be best to go back and level up. On thing. The Gold dragons powers are just about useless.

I'll edit this post later if I find more issue/tweaks.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:00 pm

1. The various types of potions should have different colors. Right now the rejuv potions are the same color as the blood potions. Or make the bottle shapes different.
Not quite the same, but yes, I WILL change that, as they are too close for my liking as well
2. Some spoilers are needed to plan skill point useage. At this point, I don't know what to put my skills into.
Once I get the books of lore plugin working, I'll be adding some books to various areas with hints about the best combinations for skills
These are in progress, the shamans are going to be replaced with some fun new demons eventually
4. Thowing stars seem to be the only way to go. The other sold weapons don't do the damage needed.
Actually, the throwing stars are a bit too strong currently, I'm going to tone them down a bit, and increase the other weapons' damages
5. Tried the blue dragon. I froze when putting a second skill point in dire wolf. (assertion failure Location : d2client\engine\gfxutil.cpp, line 1437
Express eComponent < Num_Components
haven't seen that one when testing, I'll check it out.
6. With gold dragon I was having an easy time until the underground passage. I then decided it would be best to go back and level up. On thing. The Gold dragons powers are just about useless.
The Gold Dragon is meant to be an all-around type elementalist, so her skills in general will be weak. Once all the skills are ready there will be some nasty combos at higher skill levels though. (She'll be getting a modified version of conviction, for example)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:01 pm

Not quite the same, but yes, I WILL change that, as they are too close for my liking as well
Once I get the books of lore plugin working, I'll be adding some books to various areas with hints about the best combinations for skills
These are in progress, the shamans are going to be replaced with some fun new demons eventually
Actually, the throwing stars are a bit too strong currently, I'm going to tone them down a bit, and increase the other weapons' damages
Express eComponent < Num_Components
haven't seen that one when testing, I'll check it out.
The Gold Dragon is meant to be an all-around type elementalist, so her skills in general will be weak. Once all the skills are ready there will be some nasty combos at higher skill levels though. (She'll be getting a modified version of conviction, for example)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Status Updates

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:51 pm

Wow it's been a long time since I posted in THIS thread :P no hard feelings all, I'm still working on the mod. In fact I just finished a new site design to go with the next release I'm planning. Let me know if ya like it!

dragonrider74

Re: New stuff, what do you think?

Post by dragonrider74 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:37 am

That would be great. I think you should include a translation guide for those who haven't read the book.

dragonrider74

I've got a problem

Post by dragonrider74 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:22 am

I downloaded the 1.03b, and tried to run the Launch DU .vbs file. I know I'm supposed to have a VB runtime installed (I did a google search for Visual Basic Runtime, but maybe I got the wrong one). Could someone link me to a VB runtime-thing that works? Or, could someone tell me how to get the direct/text version working?
EDIT: I downloaded everything from the downloads section into a copy of my entire D2 directory (I have it backed up on another drive), but I don't know what to do now. Could there be any problems because I've had Eastern Sun for a while?
Also, could someone post a list of directions on how to get this mod working, so I can make sure I did everything right? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by dragonrider74 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dragons' Uprising”