Dragons' Uprising

Information and updates for the Dragons' Uprising mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: reiyo_oki

No votes

Total votes: 0

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:58 pm

O.K. sorry bout the delayed response. First off, the vb runtime installer that is needed can be found in the keep's file center (linked on the left). Next, you should be running the script from the Dragons' Uprising folder that is in the REAL D2 directory, not the backed up one. That might be causing you some of your problems. There should be no problem if you have ES installed, unless you did the actual replacing of files rather than using a launch script.

My suggestion is to revert your files back to the original LoD 1.10 standard and try to run the mod again.

Hopefully this helped!

Regards,
reiyo_oki

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:02 am

A translation guide will be included in the next patch, as I will be done adding the rune-like items to the mod. They will have various effects when inserted in items, but can also be transmuted with items for the same effect, but without the socket being needed. Be careful with this though, the item's requirements will go up as you add more and more stats this way, similar to the dragon stones in Eastern Sun

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

dragonrider74

Re: I've got a problem

Post by dragonrider74 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:48 am

So, If I can get everything working, I should be able to play this on Single Player, and ES on multiplayer?
BTW, one of my friends sent me some modified .dll files that he said may fix some problems I've been having with ES. I copied them into my main D2 directory (not making backups).
Does the itemstatcost.txt and experience.txt files go in the DU folder, or in the D2 folder?
I did the above, and reinstalled everything into my main D2 folder, but It still doesn't work.
reiyo_oki";p="187757" wrote:My suggestion is to revert your files back to the original LoD 1.10 standard and try to run the mod again.
Meaning, a reinstallation of the game? If so, that might be possible...
If I can't get this way to work, I wonder if the direct/text way would. I couldn't find out how to do this in the Keep (maybe I overlooked something...), so could you tell me how please?
Last edited by dragonrider74 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dragon kin

new site look

Post by dragon kin » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:38 am

it looks great, alot better than the old one. i would sugjest that you make it so you can view all the screen shots at once, and not have to click next all the time and wait for the page to reload. the links page kinda contrasts with the rest of the site, with the black sidebar and the white main part and all. but from what ive seen its very well made site.

oh, and would you mind makeing it so we could download the music in mp3 form?
Last edited by dragon kin on Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
u ckulpro eh cyurbol (a sparkle of silver)
u ckosp eh terz (a speck of gold)
u gquyumpro eh zyuunemzc (the twinkle of diamonds)
gloucaloc eh erz (treasures of old))

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:14 pm

The direct/txt method DOES work, but you will need to make sure none of the .dll files overlap between any of the mods you have installed, basically just do it the same way you did with ES, by copying the shortcut to d2, and changing it to something like:

Target: "C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
Start In:"C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Dragons' Uprising/"

The reason the .dll files can't overlap is because many mods use different changes, and the only one used in DU at the moment is to allow PlugY to function. I DO plan on adding more stuff, like changed hellforge quest rewards, as well as different item rewards for various quests. So make sure you have a clean set of .dll files other than the ones for DU in the d2 folder if you use the -direct -txt method.
Does the itemstatcost.txt and experience.txt files go in the DU folder, or in the D2 folder?
Which itemstatcost.txt and experience.txt do you mean? The only ones you should need should already be in the Data/Global/Excel folder in the DU folder. If there are extra ones, or ones from outside my site, you shouldn't use them, as they could cause problems.
one of my friends sent me some modified .dll files that he said may fix some problems I've been having with ES. I copied them into my main D2 directory (not making backups).
This is probably why it won't work...Are the .dll files that you replaced the same ones used in DU? If not, that is definitely why it won't work.

Another suggestion is to download the original D2 .dll files, and copy all of the ones you have replaced to a new folder, then replace the old ones in with the ones you downloaded. Copy all the stuff for ES to that folder, then put the launch script that comes with my mod in there, rename, and run it. The script actually works with any mod. The only change you would need to make would then be to your ES shortcut, which should target the launch script, and not have the -direct -txt parameters in it. It would look something like:

Target: "C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Launch Eastern Sun.vbs"
Start In:"C:/Program Files/Diablo II/Eastern Sun/"

I hope this wasn't too much information all at once ;)
Cheers

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:21 pm

Hrm....I'll take a look at the links page, it should be black like the rest of the site...

The screenshots idea actually will be done, i'll put a little row of screenshots (5 across) that can be clicked to jump to an image.

As to the music, sure, but not until my computer comes back from the shop, it died when i installed my new video card :cry: This will also delay the next release of the mod. I hope to have it within 2 weeks after the 25th...but you never know what could happen...

dragonrider74

Post by dragonrider74 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:10 pm

I got it working. All I did was put the DU folder in my original D2 folder, create a new shortcut, and do the direct/text thing. This mod is awesome so far, but I have some objections. First of all, I shouldn't be getting owned by a zombie. Might there be a way to tone down the dificulty a little bit, so I dont get killed in 2 hits? Also, the skills need to be fixed. If the enemies are going to be harder, why not make it possible to kill them with things other than shurikens? Gold dragon spells barely scratch zombies. I don't know if I got the wrong version or not.
Last edited by dragonrider74 on Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:17 pm

Sorry 'bout the delayed replay (again), but I have very little access to the internet while my computer is in the shop.

Now, down to business, first thing's first, the difficulty of monsters. I have fixed this in the next version, both by toniing down monster life/defense, and by slightly boosting all weapon damages except throwing stars (those were actually REDUCED, as they have such a high attack speed). The damage will stay the same from monsters though, my suggestion for an easier time leveling is to kill quill rats for a few levels, until you can handle zombies, and AVOID DRAGON HUNTERS AT ALL COSTS, they do MUCH more damage than zombies, and can wipe the floor with a weak character.

As to the weak spells, that is something that I forgot to fix last version when I rearranged the spells and such, I had meant to give them a damage boost, but never got around to it. I also plan on making all of the weaker ones the Gold Dragon has (fire, ice, and lightning bolt) have the increased bolts per level, similar to the vanilla Teeth spell, or Multiple Shot.

dragonrider74

Post by dragonrider74 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:46 pm

So I take it in the next patch:
1. Monsters will be more manageable
2. There will be more skills
3. Gold Dragon skills actually do some damage to monsters
4. Level requirements on the later transformations, as well as the later transformations looking bigger, and better maybe.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:27 pm

You got it almost exactly. The only difference is in #4. I am actually going to be implimenting different models for different classes, so the female character classes get the female models, and vice-versa. I'm going to TRY to get the models to be a bit bigger as well, but will probably just do colorshifts for the later ones. So the Black Dragon, for example, would be grey in its first form, darker in the second form, and pure black in the third form. Then of course there will be he "secret" transformation...all classes will have access to that once they meet certain requirements...

dragonrider74

Post by dragonrider74 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:12 pm

And this new release is coming out when?

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:55 pm

hopefully soon :| I just got my computer back, so I've set to work again, and am moving along at a steady, if rather decreased, rate (I can't actually go between acts the normal way...my computer ate it's sound card, and won't recognize any new ones, so the videos crash D2) I'm working diligently on the skills right now, as they were the part that needed the most work. The monster tonedown took about 30 seconds...as did the weapon enhancements.

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:16 am

I started a white dragon, and i have no problem... Actually, I like a good challenge. Dont go after zombies at first lvl, they will mop the floor with you. Go kill single quill rats, then when you get some skills and stats, then you can take on zombies. You get 5000 gold, and see how pots arent expensive you can heal yourself a great deal while in battle. I am now lvl 12 and going to see good ol blood raven :)

Btw... I got some questions.

For my synergies on holy bolt it says holy breath and bahamut breath. I dont have these skills, how do I get them?

What is the dropmod-4 in your download section do?

EDIT: Another question:

Is 1.04a available for download? If so will I have to start over since im playing 1.03b?
Last edited by QW_Shadow on Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:30 pm

The synergy skills for most of the skills the characters have aren't actually there yet, so they won't do anything for the most part.

The DropmodsV4 is a set of drop mods I made a while back. It's not very fancy, but it works well for me.

1.04b will be available soon, but I'm still working on the skill changes right now. You won't need to start a new character with the new version, as I haven't changed any of the lines in itemstatcost.txt (which controls data packets to and from the server, which in single player is your own machine)

Fire Bal
Paladin

Hmm...

Post by Fire Bal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:24 pm

I've found out that akara sells elixars...and i just have enough money to buy one...but before i do i want to know exactly what 1 does...
Could someone tell me what the elixars do?
Thxs
Fire Bal.
Why is there a bug on my screen?

Fire Bal
Paladin

Re: What do you think of Dragons' Uprising?

Post by Fire Bal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:45 pm

I voted for Higher than 5...ive been waiting for a mod like this for ages and although it isnt completed *yet* i still think it is a brill mod :D
Keep up the great work!!
Thanks!
Fire Bal.

Fire Bal
Paladin

Skills on equipment

Post by Fire Bal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:20 pm

I constantly keep getting +skills on equipment (and no not the char only 1's) and i equip them and i bring up the skill tab at the bottom-right and they're not there?? (and btw theyre new skills ive tried like *black?* nova skill from a neccy wand and i am a neccy btw...personally they own :D but back to the point....whenever i look for the skill in the bottom-right skill tab thingy it just doesnt show...weird...anyway just thought I'd let ya's know :D
Cya's |\/|atey!
And btw a great mod *tips hat*
Cya's
Fire Bal.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:26 pm

Elixers add to your experience, making it considerably easier to level up, since they add enough to level you up multiple times early on. You won't get the levels until the next monster you kill though

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Most of the +skill items won't do anything, since 75% of the skills have been disabled. I overlooked the magical modifier that adds to skills when I made the changes to skill arrangement. I am currently working on skill arrangement and enabling for the next release. I hope to have the skills at least 50% complete with this one. That will also decrease the number of non-working skill items.

Fire Bal
Paladin

Re: Skills on equipment

Post by Fire Bal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:13 pm

Ahhhhh..cool..just wanted to know :D
Thanks..!
Cya's |\/|ateY!
Fire Bal.

Fire Bal
Paladin

Re: Hmm...

Post by Fire Bal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:23 pm

ahh sweet!! :D
Cool they're def on my shopping list now :P
Thanks
Cya's
Fire Bal.

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Bug?

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:15 pm

When I socketed a chipped topaz in some gloves, the Mf on it just kept on rising every game. I believe it was 13 MF each game. Until it was around 170, then I just stoped and came here. Is this a bug?

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Bug?

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:12 pm

Yep, that's a bug all right. I've heard of that happening in other mods, but I forget what exactly caused it. Maybe somebody in GMM could figure it out.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Bug?

Post by kingpin » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:04 am

This happends because you have used "random" range for your modifier. Gems don't like random modifiers, since it re-roll the modifier each time.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:53 pm

hrm....I don't remember using any "random" ranges....or even any ranged modifiers other than damage....Thx for the heads up kingpin, I'll take a look and see if I did something weird somewhere ;)

Return to “Dragons' Uprising”