New skill system in the works

Information and updates for the Dragons' Uprising mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: reiyo_oki

No votes

Total votes: 0

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

New skill system in the works

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:02 am

I'm implementing a new skill system for DU. The new system will work alongside the old skills from LoD, and will not interfere with them. How this new system will work is fairly simple. Each class will have 15 new skills. One skill is gained after defeating each act boss in normal/nightmare/hell. These skills are obtained via a cube recipe.

Each character will start off with a unique charm, the Dragon Flower, that is limited to one per character. This charm is the base for all the new skills. When an act boss is defeated for the first time, they will drop a Dragon Crystal. These crystals are transmuted with the Dragon Flower in your Horadric Cube to add a +1 bonus to the new skill for that act to the Flower. Three of the skills obtained this way are the three transformations for each class. Each transformation is earned after defeating the act 1 boss in a given difficulty. Thus, we have 12 new unique skills per class.

One of these skills is already finished, and a screenshot is viewable, it's the Water Hydra spell for the Blue. I'll be posting screenshots for the new items shortly as well. You will also get to see the new interface I'm using.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

fras
Paladin

Re: New skill system in the works

Post by fras » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Sounds cool i cant wait to play
Working on a mod its a LAWL Production

Rune

Re: New skill system in the works

Post by Rune » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:03 am

hm.. nice idea, but haf a few questions:
1) is the new skill shown in the skill tab after obtained the dragon crystal and used the reciept to create it?
2)is there synthegy (sry if i mistype dat, dunno how to spell it) for the unique skills for each class after defeating each act's boss? or is it strong enough that it doesn't need any "synthegy" to support it?

hmm so far dats all i haf question on.. sry if dat bothered u XD
Last edited by Rune on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:59 pm

1) The new skill appears on the item as an oskill (a la Teleport on Blizzard's almightily broken "Enigma" runeword)
2) The new skills will most likely not have synergy boni from other skills, but rather get stronger as your character gets stronger. Damage based on character level, or on specific statistics (Energy, for example)

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Return to “Dragons' Uprising”