1.08 bug reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:40 am

I saw a tiara drop in Hell cows only recently (ie today)

Pretty sure I have seen them in NM or Hell Kagero too.

Unreal

Re: 1.08 bug reports

Post by Unreal » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 am

Game crashes "Access violation" everytime when cursor goes over "soul hunter medallion"... Is is because I have added too much stuff (+10 vita +10 energy +100psn damage) added on it? Its pretty difficult to play when you can't touch your soulhunter... :\ anything I can do? (I have 100lvl paladin if it has anything to do with this...) please help is possible

Phillip_Lynx

Post by Phillip_Lynx » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:45 pm

Yes, to many lines in the medallion.

Btw, how did you get it out of the cube? My medallion woldnt go out of it (but i have eventually grabbed it, but on the following chrash, I have lost it :( ). Now I have a new one (but my 979 Souls are gone :( ), and I will be carefull not to overload it.

But how you can get rid of it, I sorryly dont know.
Last edited by Phillip_Lynx on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gruss Phillip_Lynx

Mancher fasst sich an den Kopf und greift ins Leere
Der Tag hat richtig gut angefangen. Und dann bin ich aufgestanden

erk

Post by erk » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:53 pm

[quote=Phillip_Lynx";p="234406"]Yes, to many lines in the medallion.

Btw, how did you get it out of the cube? My medallion woldnt go out of it (but i have eventually grabbed it, but on the following chrash, I have lost it :( ). Now I have a new one (but my 979 Souls are gone :( ), and I will be carefull not to overload it.

But how you can get rid of it, I sorryly dont know.[/quote]
Getting it out of the cube is easy, drop the cube on the ground, pick up the cube but not the busted medallion or you will be stuck with it, create a fresh char and swipe it's medallion.

I have not had a mediallion break when only adding thanks that are leables for mediallions, as soon as I add something else like a mana rock etc. it will get too many lines and break.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:13 pm

I finally got full Savior set! I made the shield out of laconium shield using recipe "bshammer+anvil+doll+2spacefragments", then "spirit energy",and finally "set key". BUT. When I put the whole set on, the game crashes in few seconds or immediately :( Is there anything I could do to get the set work properly? I really really need that set to survive on hells kagero and gauntlet! Im sorry if this question already excist! Thanks!

erk

Post by erk » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:33 am

[quote=Unreal";p="237969"]I finally got full Savior set! I made the shield out of laconium shield using recipe "bshammer+anvil+doll+2spacefragments", then "spirit energy",and finally "set key". BUT. When I put the whole set on, the game crashes in few seconds or immediately :( Is there anything I could do to get the set work properly? I really really need that set to survive on hells kagero and gauntlet! Im sorry if this question already excist! Thanks![/quote]
That was fixed in 1.08 are you sure you updated? Also if you have put anything in the socket of the shield that may be adding excess lines to the description that will crash it too, if so unsocket it with a crowbar.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks! The problem was the excess of lines. When the whole set is on, there is so many lines that you cannot add jewel made out of soul or anything with a lot of lines. I added only perfect pearls on every item and it works! Except that it shows no text on shield (because there is probably too much of it), but you can see its effect on character stats :) !

erk

Post by erk » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:16 am

[quote=Unreal";p="238239"]Thanks! The problem was the excess of lines. When the whole set is on, there is so many lines that you cannot add jewel made out of soul or anything with a lot of lines. I added only perfect pearls on every item and it works! Except that it shows no text on shield (because there is probably too much of it), but you can see its effect on character stats :) ![/quote]I would love to see a set or two that only has a few good attributes, but several sockets so you can add soul jewels without crashing.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:13 pm

I've been wearing the Dragon set for a while, at least the helmet and armor. Both have two sockets, but it's not too good of an idea to do what I did and put two souls with a dozen attribute lines into the armor. That and the set bonus lines crashed the game. I'm pretty sure that the set items which can normally carry sockets each have two.
Normal is just a stereotype.

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:01 am

Magic Skill damage increase, via Stones of Magic SKill Mastery being added to an item do not increase the damage shown for Bone spear or other magic damage items for a necro.

I have a small charm with +40% magic skill damage and +41% poison skill dmage. The charm when kept in backpack has a marked increase in poison dmage while there is no change at all for magic damage. The same occurs for a feltwin soul jewel when added to a socket.

Has anyone else had this happen and does it occur with other characters that have 'magic' damage?

chlodoweg

Post by chlodoweg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:53 pm

Hi, I've just recently started playing Nez 1.08 and can't get to Act V. Trying to go through Tyrael's portal results in an immediate crash. I'm playing on a Mac, DIIx v1.11, Nez 1.08. I've tried this with different chars, on different Macs, with different versions of the OS, and with new installs of DIIx and Nez, all with the same result.

Chlodoweg

whitejesus
Champion of the Light

Post by whitejesus » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:35 am

Nez is not made for 1.11 try using 1.10.
Your my boy blue

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 pm

I believe there might be a bug with the Act 3 'Cold' hireling. One of the listed skills for this hireling is 'Hurricane', yet at no time have I ever seen this skill being used.

I have a clvl 227 hireling and regardless of the circumstances, Hell Kagero for example, he never uses it.

Tomitain

Post by Tomitain » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:39 pm

For some reason, trying to use two souls that have similar bonuses don't work entirely. I just got started with a summons necromancer (level 34). I'm currently using a Burning Dead soul and a Horror soul. Stat-wise they're almost identical:

- The Horror soul is 5-19 lightning damage, +1 to Raise Skeleton (necro only), +2 to Skeleton Mastery (necro only), +3 to Mace Mastery, +2 to Skeleton Mastery, +3 to Raise Skeleton.
- The Burning Dead soul is 6-12 fire damage, +1 RS (necro), +2 SM (necro), +2 MM, +2 SM, +3 RS.

My problem is if I wear one of them I get the full bonus, but if I wear both I only get a partial bonus. That is:

- Without anything equipped I have level 5 Raise Skeleton and level 5 Skeleton Mastery.
- Wearing my wand and shrunken head, I get +5 to Skeleton Mastery (level 5 RS, level 10 SM).
- Wearing one of the souls, I get +4 SM and +4 RS (level 9 RS, level 14 SM).
- Wearing the other soul, I only get +3 SM and +1 RS, even though it should give me +4 to both (level 10 RS and 17 SM instead of level 13 RS and level 18 SM).

It doesn't matter what order I equip the souls in; whichever one I put on second will only give +3 SM and +1 RS, while the first one gives the full bonus. It doesn't seem to be a hangup with the souls having their RS and SM bonuses divided into necro only and all class categories; if it was, I'd only be getting +2 mastery from the second soul, not +3.

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:51 am

If I remember rightly, in v1.10 you can only get a max of +3 to a skill of your class. (i.e battle cry or whatever on a Call to Arms weapon would only result in a max of +3 for a barb, but higher for other classes). It's probably the same with the souls.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:50 pm

Everytime when number 33~K (something around 33000) gets exceeded in mana/stamina/life it starts counting from beginning. For example, my 550lvl paladin has about 34000life but its max is 1000... no matter what I do. Full Reju=1000/34000. It rises slowly again, and I think It'll do it again in 64000. And my stamina is ~6000 (40~K) :P anything I can do?

Hypothraxer

Post by Hypothraxer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:23 pm

I'm making a SC with fire, poison, ice and lightning damage, and vitality bonus, with cube recipes (blood stone + SC) on my lvl 158 zealot.
For the moment, I've 5-10 fire damage, 4-8 ice dmg, 5-10 lightning dmg, 11 poison dmg on 36 sec, and +9 vitality on the small charm.

Without it equipped, I do something like 2500-4000 dmg.
With it equiped, I do 3000-5000.

Bug ?

EDIT> no it's not a bug. If the poison damage displays "48 poison dmg over 72 seconds", then the displayed min and max dmg will increase by 48*72=3456. Sorry !
Last edited by Hypothraxer on Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

erk

Post by erk » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:07 pm

I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but the sword familiar dies too easily, even when at a high level skill with heaps in the synergy. It needs to be togher.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:10 pm

I am trying to decrease the level difference between my mercenary and my sorceress, but even with two runes to increase experience gained it is going very slowly. I tried to speed it up by giving him experience bags and attribute enhancement potions, but the effects went to me even though he said 'thanks!'.

Is there any way to increase his level more quickly, other than multiple Kagero runs with him making all the kills?
Normal is just a stereotype.

Raspeh
Paladin

Post by Raspeh » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:57 pm

With one skill invested in ice bolt, I had my sorc equip a chill ball with +3 ice bolt. When I go to my spells, I don't have a level4 ice bolt, but rather a choice between a level3 and level1 ice bolt

chittick

Post by chittick » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:47 pm

[quote=Raspeh";p="246443"]With one skill invested in ice bolt, I had my sorc equip a chill ball with +3 ice bolt. When I go to my spells, I don't have a level4 ice bolt, but rather a choice between a level3 and level1 ice bolt[/quote]

If the skill doesnt specify say (*insert character class here* only) it wont add to your class skill. I guess it has something to do with the fact that these item characteristics add the skill to any class's available skill list.

Raspeh
Paladin

Post by Raspeh » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:57 pm

boo :(

i'd think it would, considering the chill ball's would normally be used by sorc?

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:30 pm

The skills that spawn on that item are usually copies of original skills (don't mostly to better randomize the skill selection). That's why it doesn't stack.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:14 pm

I just found a prize spawner.
I tried it but everthing it seems to be doing is damaging my character. Is this a side effect of the spawner or do I do something wrong or is it a bug?

Edit: I now put about 50 souls into my medallion and nothing happened. May it be that it is kind of broken?
Last edited by Phlebiac on Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:31 pm

[quote=Phlebiac";p="246524"]
I just found a prize spawner.
I tried it but everthing it seems to be doing is damaging my character. Is this a side effect of the spawner or do I do something wrong or is it a bug?

Edit: I now put about 50 souls into my medallion and nothing happened. May it be that it is kind of broken?
[/quote]

Is your character a Paladin? There's something hardcoded that makes Paladins lose life whenever they use a skill that acts on a corpse.

Is the medallion in your cube? Stats won't show up unless its in your character's inventory.

Return to “Nezeramontias”