Nezeramontias 1.09 Release

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Nezeramontias 1.09 Release

Post by Acromatic Aria » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:56 pm

Yep, I finally got around to finishing that long planed final version of it. Barring any major bugs which warrant a version a or b release, this is probably it. Thanks to all who've played it, liked it, hated it, contributed to it and used it as a springboard for believing that killing hordes of wild animals and people will eventually net you a congolmoration of their abilities conviently sized to fit your ring finger.

So you know, old characters aren't compatible with the new version. And I've removed the batch installations as they just seem to cause a lot of confusion among people (you just need torename a couple of files to install the thing).

Onto the list of new thingies. There's a few changes not explictly listed, and there's some hidden additions, but here's the bulk of what's new:

Bug Fixes:

-Fixed a bug with some stat boosting stones that caused them to output a magic item regardless of the type used in the recipe.

-Fixed a bug with the Portable Shrines that caused them not to work on rare equipment.

-Fixed a drop bug with Andariel that caused her to drop from her quest treasure class after completing the quest.

-Fixed a few display errors for skills that caused them to show less damage than they were actually doing.

-Fixed misc. errors for a number of skill displays.

-Fixed a bug that caused the Hurricance skill to not receive bonuses from Elemental Mastery.

-Fixed some spelling errors.

-Added two pages to the Special Recipe Book containing recipes for items already in the game but whose purpose wasn't listed anywhere.

-Fixed a bug with the amulet upgrade recipes that didn't grant all the proper stats when combined with Divine Amethysts.

-Fixed a bug with the "May God Have Mercy" skill that caused it to not shoot lightning.

-Fixed a bug with Bone Armor that caused it to not display its synergy bonus from Bone Mastery.

-Fixed a bug with several enemy missle attacks that caused them to do less damage than they were supposed to.

-Fixed some bugs with uniques causing them to have the name "An Evil Force".

-Cleared palette problems with a few of the images that looked different in different acts.

-Fixed a bug that caused Acid Beast souls to not spawn with their projectile skill.

-Fixed some animation bugs when casting certain skills while transformed into a monster.

Changes:

Item Changes:
-Reduced the drop rate of healing and mana potions and roughly doubled their cost. However, they now heal twice as fast as before.

-Rejuvenation potions now heal 50% of life and mana, but they spawn much less often early in the game. Instead a Lesser Rejuvenation potion (heals 20%) often drops instead.

-Altered some item prices to reduce the likelihood of free gambles for very high level characters.

-Some items can now drop earlier in the game from monsters (such as stones, anvils, spirit energy, etc).

-Split the Insight Nugget into two items; one that boosts gold find, and one that boosts magic find.

-Cliff Notes can no longer be duplicated by magic mirrors.

-Reduced the drop rate of experience bags and magic mirrors (among other things) in the Gauntlet.

-Slightly increased the drop rate of experience bags throughout the game.

-Added the damage reduction and stamina drain attributes of normal grade armor to several unique counterparts that didn't have them.

-Items that grant permanent stat boosts (experience bags, elixers, etc.) now appear with purple text.

-Edited the growth rate of poison strength stones to scale in bonuses similar to the other damaging stones.

-Several of the unique items created through recipes now have level requirements to use them.

-Reduced the "Reduced Vendor Prices" bonuses of several items.

-Guns have higher base damage but gain smaller damange bonuses from strength and dexterity.

-Added a slight strength damage bonus to bows and crossbows.

-Jewel swords now spawn with a negative bonus to cast rate.

-Edited the properties of several gems. Also edited the cube recipes involving white rings and amulets to reflect the changes.

-Changed the level requirement of several gems.

-Making a Flawless skull once again requires three Normal skulls.

-Increased the damage of all the original throwing potions. Also, like the Holy Water, they can only be thrown when you select a "throw" skill attached to them. Potions can now be boosted through certain stats including the 'Extra Potion Damage' property.

-Slightly increased the damage of Holy Water. It also now does magic damage.

-Throwing Stars now always spawn with the Blade Fury skill.

Cube Recipes:

-The recipe to make a rejuvenation potion now creates a lesser rejuvenation potion.

-3 lesser rejuvs makes one regular rejuvenation potion.

-Rejvenation potions can be created with 3 healing potions + 3 mana potions + 1 flawed gem.

-The recipes for Goddess Tears and Meat now require a flawed gem to work in addition to the original ingredients. Inserting a chipped gem will create a Fairy Tear (if you used mana potions) or a Morsel (if you used healing potions).

-Inserting three of the same level healing or mana potion will generate one potion of the next level.

-The recipes for creating laurels and Inf Mana potions now create two space fragments in addition to the original ingredients.

-Stones now raise the level requirement of an item when used. A counter will appear on the item telling you how many stones you've applied. The effect can be counteracted using the new Blank Slate item.

-Reduced the strength of the Key to the Sets and Uniques, Key to the Sets now spawns items up to 80% of your current level while the Key to the Uniques spawns items 70% of your level.

Monster/Level Changes:

-Added auras to some of the monsters throughout the game. For most of them, their souls will now spawn with these enchantments too.

-Increased the size of some levels in Kagero Dungeon.

-Slightly increased the levels of areas in Nightmare and Hell Difficulties.

-Monsters in Nightmare and Hell difficulties deal more damage.

-Slightly reduced the experience of many monsters in Nightmare and Hell.

-Reduced the life of monsters in Nightmare and Hell.

-Limited the number of fire missles generated from Diablo's floor fire skill to reduce lag.

-Slightly cut back on the fire rates of some traps in the Gauntlet in Hell difficulty. Their damage has been increased to compensate.

-Reduced the rate at which hirelings use the Hell Spikes and Temporal Fog skills.

-Reduced the gold drops for most monsters and chests in all difficulties.

-Slightly reduced the number of monsters in the second floor of the Act 3 sewers.

-Slightly reduced the pack sizes of Goblins.

-Slightly reduced the drop rates from monsters appearing in the Infernal Pit (Treasure Maggots, Treasure Hoarders, etc.).

-Reduced the life recovery rate of Arctic Wonders.

-Added some extra abilities to Claw Vipers and high level Corrupted Rogues.

-High level quillrats can fire several quills at a time.

-Many monsters (including several super uniques and act bosses) will spawn with a few random enhancements each time you face them.

-Improved the damage of most traps.

-Expanded the Gauntlet a little bit and eliminated the ability to use Teleport through any walls (or across certain gaps). Teleporting within a room is still possible.

Skill Edits:

Monsters/Items:

-Changed the name of the Nova skill that appears on Leviathan's and Mephisto's souls to "Cyro Nova."

-The potion throwing skills that spawned on some Panther Women souls no longer require the player to equip a throwing potion in order to use them.

Necromancer:

-Changed Poison Mastery so it grants a straight percentage increase to all poison skills instead of just those in the Necromancer's skill tree. It grants small poison pierce as well. It's bonuses to poison length and range have been removed.

-Increased the per-level mana cost to Poison Nova.

-Increased the max lowered resistences for the Lower Resist curse.

-slightly increased the base attack power of all golems.

Amazon:

-Reduced the casting delay of Plague Javelin.

-Reduced the damage bonus Automatic Fire receives from character stats.

Assassin:

-Fire Trauma now gains bunuses from the extra potion damage property.

-Changed the Venom skill so its poison length and damage adds to that of other poison damage rather than overriding it. Also cut its duration.

-Slightly increased the base attack power of Shadow Masters. Shadow Masters and Shadow Warriors now receive a bonus to all skill levels every seven levels.

-Improved the Potion Launcher trap so that it leaves a block of flame for three seconds upon impact. It also now does magic damage.

-Added a slight casting delay to Mind Blast.

-Reduced the casting delay to the Summon Panther skill.

-Reduced the damage of several charge up skills at very high skill levels.

-Added magic damage to Blade Fury and reduced its mana cost.

-Slightly reduced the conversion rate of Mind Blast.

Druid:

-Slightly increased the rate of elemental piercing granted by extra levels to the Elemental Mastery skill.

-Imporoved the damage reduction bonuses to the Werebear skill.

-Slightly reduced the duration bonuses Hurricane and Armageddon receive from higher levels and synergies.

-Elemental Strike can now be used as a left click skill.

-Reduced the duration effects of Elemental Strike so the poison damage wouldn't be much greater than its other damage types.

Sorceress:

-Reduced the damage bonuses to Fire, Cold, and Lightning masteries for skill levels 20 and up.

-Reduced the mana recovery and energy bonuses from the Power Surge skill for levels above 15. Also the growth rate for mana recovery from skill levels of 2-15 has been slightly reduced.

-Reduced the threat level of the Sword Familiar so enemies would attack it less often.

-Cut the duration of Enchant, Thunderstorm, and all her armor skills.

-Hydra gets a slight duration boost from extra skill levels.

-Meteor now gets a physical damage synergy from Hydra.

Paladin:

-Might now grants a straight physical damage boost on top of its percentage boost.

-Slightly reduced the mana cost of Might.

-Reduced the range bonuses most Paladin auras get from higher skill levels.

-Holy Bolt now heals more. The bolts from Fist of the Heavens do as well.

-Reduced the bonus resistance piercing Conviction receives for skill levels past 20.

-Holy Fire, Lightning, and Freeze now have mana costs.

Barbarian:

-Changed the skill Regeneration to 'Korlic's Blessing'. In addition to regeneration bonuses, the skill also grants a passive damage bonus to all two handed melee attacks.

-Reduced the growth rate and maximum vender reduction from Haggle.

-The Ancient summon now spawns with the Prayer aura.

Misc Changes:
-Increased the max sale back amounts for vendors. Max sale for Act 1 Normal is 10000. Each act increases this amount by 10000 (meaning the max sale back for Act 5 Hell is 150k).

-Grouped together the display for some enchantments throughout the game in order to cut down on the number of lines displayed for some of the larger sets. For example, if an items contains these bonuses:
+5% to max fire resistance
+5% to max cold resistance
+5% to max lightning resistance
+5% to max poison resistance

then the display will now read +5% to all max resistances.

-Slightly reduced the experience needed to level Hirelings once they reach high levels.

-Openwounds now acts as a curse meaning that its duration can be reduced with curse resistance. It also overrides another curse if inflicted while a curse was active.

-A character's stamina bar will now turn blue for a period if he/she is infected with openwounds.

-Reduced the starting block rate of all characters.

-Slightly reduced the drop rate of Sets, Uniques and Rares throughout the game.

-Reduced the duration of shrines back to normal D2 durations; however, they no longer act as curses. This means they are not affected by Curse Resistance, cannot be removed when you are cursed, and can stack.

Additions:
-Added 22 new uniques.

-Added 2 new runewords.

-Added 3 new sets.

-Added over 20 skills that spawn on various Runewords, Sets, Uniques and monster souls.

-Added over 80 new skill icon pics (by yukoahso). Every skill should have a pic representing it now.

-Added 18 new monster animations (via plugins by Alkalund, Phrozenheart, reiyo_oki, Onyx, I_only_pressed_Esc, mouse, and Haujobb).

-Added summon icons for all the new summons in the mod (by yukoahso).

-Added several new monsters that spawn throughout the game.

-Added new inventory pics for the Rail Gun and its ammo (now called Copper Slugs), and the five Golem in a Bottle variations (by yukoahso).

-Added a new overlay animation for the Power Surge skill (created by I_Only_Pressed_Esc).

-Added new overlays for several of the added auras (from by Red Havoc's recolored missle pack).

-Added a few missles and skills using new animations (again from Red Havoc's recolored missle pack) and some unused animations from D2.

-Added a few new names for random unique monsters to spawn with.

-Added a few new magic prefixes and suffixes for magic items.

-Added five grades of "Diversity Gems" which grant bonuses to all skill levels.

-Added a new consumable: the Money Bag. Money Bags grant the character a temporary boost to gold find. They are occasionally dropped by monsters.

-Added a new weapon called the Corpse Mine. These are landmines that you plant on corpses (via a skill on the item) that will explode and cause large physical and fire damage when a monster walks over it.

-Added a group of gloves that give bonuses to Amazon skills.

-Added two new skill based items: Book Binding and Training Page. Book Bindings appear in shops throughout the game while Training Pages occasionally drop from monsters. Put 6 Training Pages in the cube with one Book Binding to make the All Knowing Book of Learning (gain one skill point).

-Added a new item called a Boost Bar that will grant a stat point when consumed.

-Added a series of Gold Bar items. These items don't serve any purpose except to be sold, but they sale for large amounts of gold. They're occasionally found during gameplay.

-Added a new random enemy: the Gold Golem. Gold Golems mostly appear in Nightmare and Hell difficulties, but there are a few areas you can find them in Normal as well. They're very rare enemies that will pop up from time to time. If you manage to kill one, you'll likely receive a fair amount of gold.

-Added the "Strike Stone." Strike Stones grant a physical damage bonus when cubed with an enchanted item. Also added a recipe for creating them (4 Full Rejuvs + 1 rune + 1 Stamina Potion + 1 Amulet).

-Added Blank Slates to the game. These items can lower the level requirement of any item previously boosted by a stone. You can create them in the cube by inserting any combination of the following ingredients into the cube:
3 Magic, 2 rare, or 1 Unique Ring(s) + 3 Magic, 2 rare, or 1 Unique Amulets(s)

-Added recipes for the standard healing and mana potions. 3 of the same type will produce one of the next level.

-Added a new series of items called "Mystery Eggs". Mystery Eggs occasionaly drop from monsters or appear from mystery chests.
When equiped in the shield slot, they allow you to "lay" an egg that will hatch a mystery opponent (at least it's a mystery until you've used it ;p ). For best results in hatching, lay the eggs in the general vacinity of a monster.

-Added a few hidden features to the mod (go find them!)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Nezeramontias 1.09 Release

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 am

Nez 1.09 is now available at the Keep File Center.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

dbzlotrfan
Paladin

Post by dbzlotrfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:35 am

Sweet AA, is this compat with the newest Blizzard patche(s)? Or still the same ol' 1.1 (or 1.0, or what ever it is).

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:49 am

It still runs on 1.10. I doubt I'll ever update it for 1.11 (I've never even installed that patch before).

cj

Post by cj » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:29 pm

is it compatible with plugy for extended stash ???

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 pm

I've always run version 5.04 and never upgraded (only use the extra stat displays and infinite stash so there was no reason to). That version works fine for stash. I don't know about later ones, but other players who've used it more could probably tell you.

cj

Post by cj » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:02 am

how hard is it to get dolls to drop from bosses? i killed blood raven about 30 times and not one doll??? :(

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:28 am

Alright! Thanks for releasing another, and more than likely final version. :)

Can't wait to try it out.

Been a fan since Diablo II 1.03 days of this mod. :)

See ya
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

DeeperThought
Paladin

Post by DeeperThought » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 am

Wow. I didn't think this would happen. I just went over the the Nez home page, on a lark, and was shocked to see that a new version had been released a couple of months ago.

AA, you may remember that I played Nez obsessively for about six months, ending early this year. It is my favorite mod....period. Ironically, after begging you for an update at that time, I don't know whether I will actually get a chance to play it, since I'm so busy now. Since then, I have become a modder in my own right, and I'm now working on my second mod for EDuke32 (an enhanced source port of Duke Nukem 3D). It was Nez, more than anything else, that inspired me to get into modding. What I did with my first mod was bring to Duke Nukem a lot of new gameplay content (including a character upgrade system, new weapons, new monsters, etc.) while at the same time keeping it balanced and challenging. In other words, I tried (I should say, I am still trying, since it's not really finished) to do what you did for Diablo LOD. As I say, I don't know whether I will get a chance to play again, but I'm still grateful that you released this update, and I'm sure it's awesome stuff. Even if I never get to play it, I'll always remember that you came through after a period in which it looked like you had left Nez forever.

Mullidulli

Post by Mullidulli » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:48 am

Yeah, the mod is great!
I love this many new items and the uber-dungeons.
And goot skliisystem.

Best mod I ever played!

Return to “Nezeramontias”