Looking for advice

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

Enverex

Looking for advice

Post by Enverex » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:28 am

I was originally playing this with a friend on LAN as a Sorc but it seemed too damn hard. The enemies seemed harder than the original game but not only that, you don't get skills until later levels with Nez and then you have to spend a load of points just to get even one rank in the skill.

I decided to try and assassin now and it is a bit easier, but there are a few issues still. If somewhere is too hard for me, but going back to the area before means I get no experience (due to them being 5 levels or more below) what can I do? Am I missing something (other than souls) to boost my character enough to not make this incredibly difficult? The fact everything moves at light speed now makes it all the more harder, heh.

So yeah, advice on how to improve my game and characters would be nice.

Thanks,
Ex.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:33 am

Getting your first character to a level where they start finding decent gear and actually having skills is tough. I had to go through at /players 3 with my barb and rely a lot on my merc. The magic number for him was about 45, when he learned battle command and his summon, and finally found some weapons with +skilltab in the shop. After that it started going a lot smoother.

If you've got plugY then you can hand down stuff to your new toons so they have an easier time of it. But there is definitely a problem with the early game being brutally hard because of the limitations that balance out how powerful you have the potential to get later.

I wore a lot of goldfind gear and spent lots of gold on mana elixirs so the horribly slow mana regen would be less of a problem. I still have a blue pot addiction to feed my find item habit but it got better with BO.

Enverex

Re: Looking for advice

Post by Enverex » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:29 pm

I forgot about the /players # thing, does that still work? I thought that was removed. I'll be a very happy bunny if it does work because it would help as a stop gap between places which are too low experience and the next place up that is too hard... I'll go try now. Thanks.

Any other tips are welcome.

wssplat

Post by wssplat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:03 pm

I tried Hell cows on /players 1 , and it was a breeze. Then I tried it on players 8, and it seemed like I couldn't do enough damage or they had more health. Since I do alot of damage, I noticed there was a change, because a cow who would take a few hits, took alot of'em.

Enverex

Post by Enverex » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:31 pm

I can't decide which class to play >.<

I now have an Assassin level 65, a Sorc level 31 and an Amazon level 15.

The Assassin seemed quite easy.
The sorc runs out of mana constantly, dies easily and can run about 3 feet before running out of stamina.
The Amazon seems quite easy.

Does a Sorc ever stop sucking? It seems like I have no chance in hell what with the level requirements for abilities being raised and needing 6 skill points for just one level of the previously level 30 skills (where as my Assassin just needs to find better gear really). Any tips to help my Sorc not suck in every way possible? lol.

I'd use Pluggy but it concerns me as I noticed it has a config for the amount of skillpoints and ability points you get so is that going to mess up the Nez mod?

I want to try the Amazon but I'm kinda bored of doing the same act over and over to get a different character to the same point which I dont want to do if I find out that a Bowazon will be equally as hard as the sorc, lol.

Oh, also is there a more comprehensive list of Nez things anywhere? The site seems to be lacking lots of info. A few questions being I heard some skill books give more than one skill. Where do you get these? I've also noticed some skill books costing more/less than others (358k rather than 410k, etc) are they the same 1 skill books? Erm.. can't remember any others at the moment :p
Last edited by Enverex on Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahcell

Post by ahcell » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:48 pm

Mana users have a hard time to start as a first character, try melees like barbarian, paladin, amazon. Amazon is still my favor, try to get it to 36, and I guarantee you won't have a problem to get to hell. After that, you can start twinking your other characters, and do items or doll farmings. Barbarin and paladin lack the ability to kill big packs of monsters really fast, but they are extremely effective at killing single targets. With amazon, javalin hail + lightning fury + charged strike, most things pretty much die in 3 seconds. Physical and lightning immune is extremely rare. Life and mana leech can keep you alive and full mana with melees, but it's hard to do on mana users. That's another reason I prefer melees. Especially when you are doing kagero runs, when those wraiths constanting draining your mana, you can just move a few steps, javalin hail, then move a bit, javalin hail again, should keep your mana replenished, killing everything without fearing deaths.

Enverex

Post by Enverex » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:37 pm

Ah, k, I'll swich my stuff back to my Amazon and carry on with her then, see how it goes, thanks.

Oh, one more thing. I have a problem with PlugY (was using it for the shared Stash). Anyways, when I run PlugY now it shows my stash as it was when I first ran it ages ago (but my Inv and everything is fine). If I run the normal LOD then everything is ok. Is there any way to get PlugY to actually check my real actual stash rather than the old one it seems to have saved and be using?
Last edited by Enverex on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nezeramontias”