Gauntlet Tips

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

ToastBSE

Gauntlet Tips

Post by ToastBSE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:23 pm

this is so hard, i can't do it :cry: :cry: :cry: : 8-O

Rogue

Re: Gauntlet Tips

Post by Rogue » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:36 am

Common question, based on the number of times this has come up, so I'm gathering a few old post comments from other threads here as a single sum up of what you need to get through :

The Gauntlet tests your speed, health, resistances, and Faster Hit Recovery level. To run the Gauntlet successfully, make sure you are fully prepared before you start. A rough rule of thumb is if your character can clear the Cow level easily and survive direct hits from the Cows, and can clear Kagero's dungeon without difficulty, then you're ready for the Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet is located in Act II in the Rocky Plains directly outside the town. It contains a large maze filled with completely indestructible monsters, traps, many false paths, continuous element attacks raining down on you, similar to Catapult Attacks in Act V, but far more numerous and damaging, and two final (killable) guardians awaiting you in the prize room. You cannot teleport through walls or avoid being hit, monsters will chase you through certain areas, or run up and explode in suicide runs. Kill power is therefore useless during a run, you must rely on speed and endurance to get you through.

First, make sure your resists are maxed (Gold coloured), and should be at 80% minimum (95% preferred). Unique Mithril, Laconium, and Adamantium belts help here, as they boost resists, max resist level, and have damage reduction percentages.

Second, use a couple of Cow souls as your rings (if you don't have the souls-> jewels items yet) as they also include resist boosts and damage reduction. At hell level, Cow souls have 40% damage reduction, two of them plus World Champion unique Admantium belt give a theoretical 95% Damage reduction ! But even normal Cow souls will help with running the Gauntlet and the level boost you get from clearing the Cow Level will also be a major assist.

Third, some good boots of faster run/walk are pretty helpful too, such as Laconium unique boots (The Long Distance Runners, 50% faster run walk, plus skill points for Vigor, increasing your speed, you should have this aura activated while in the Gauntlet.)

Fourth, If you can get The Wall Unique Archon Plate (Strength 997 required) or Gods Garb armor (Unique Adamantium Armour, level 150 something required ?). These will boost your resists and Damage reduction a lot, the Wall especially !!!

Alternatively, you can aim for the the Saviour Set, a complete Adamantium Set of armor/belt/gloves/boots/helm/shield. The complete set has some huge bonuses for all character types, along with huge requirements, strength 1000+ required to wear the set.

Finally, ensure you have a decent high level helper or summon to distract the Duriels. When you get attacked by Duriel, head back to town and get a helper or summon character. When you head back down, let the helper attack Duriel distracting him, while you run on ahead. Just half a turn leaves the Duriel too far behind to catch up, so long as your moving fast enough.

I find the act 5 helper excellent as a helper (Meat Shield) especially kitted out in Dereks Set (normal, nightmare and hell variations as he reaches higher levels. Alternatives include Iron Golems, Shadow Masters, Valkyries, etc...

So, to sum up, here are the major skills or abilities required to run The Gauntlet:
Faster Running.
Fast Hit Recovery.
Max Elemental Resistance.
High Hit points.
High Damage Reduction.

Characters that embody the above requirements are naturally going to be better at running the Gauntlet than other characters. Thus, the premier character for getting through the Gauntlet is :The Barbarian !!

Although other characters can run the Gauntlet, they will always find it more difficult, and will need to be higher level than a Barbarian character. The greatest enemy during a run is Stun-lock, where you take a hit hard enough to stop you in your tracks, which allows more hits against you, which continue to stun you, which allows.etc.etc.etc. With more hit-points, stun lock is much less likely, thus a Barb with Battle Orders and Command running can have thousands of HP, and practically breeze through the Gauntlet without being slowed down at all. As an added bonus, the Barb has Stone Skin skill, which greatly reduces the damage done by creatures and spells in the Gauntlet

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:30 am

wow nice guide i think it should be stickyed
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Mullidulli

Post by Mullidulli » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:24 pm

Yeah, ggod work, thank you!

dfnord
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dfnord » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:21 pm

Another tip is the werewolf morphing skill (there is a low level unique that give you +1 to werewolf, sry, don't remember which one). It gives you the best possible hit recovery on the game (2 frames), if you have enough fast hit recovery.

Another tip is that if you have enough max mana, you can teleport on the gauntlet, which is a very fast way to do it.
Last edited by dfnord on Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mullidulli

Post by Mullidulli » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:54 pm

Or you could summon 3 wolves with the ghostwolf-soul.

pjuppi

Post by pjuppi » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:17 am

i have a question about the gauntlet... i cant pass it trhough, i mean i have seen a video that shows the way trough the labyrinth and i do exactly the same when i run self, but in the second one i got stuck because the way is missing!!, and i cant tele either :/... it is so short way but i cant pass it... is this a bugg or is the gauntlet way different ??

Gohanks

Post by Gohanks » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:59 pm

pjuppi";p="299764" wrote:i have a question about the gauntlet... i cant pass it trhough, i mean i have seen a video that shows the way trough the labyrinth and i do exactly the same when i run self, but in the second one i got stuck because the way is missing!!, and i cant tele either :/... it is so short way but i cant pass it... is this a bugg or is the gauntlet way different ??
I think the gauntlet is slightly larger now then it was when guides and such for it were originally posted - however, the Nez homepage has a map through the invisible wall maze that's (probably) accurate to this version.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:12 pm

sorry to disappoint you ... the map is only partly correct (at homepage) the final way you have to find yourself

--> hint: before you reach the very end you have to go upwards till you almost hit the wall and those orbs in the left top corner, then turn to the left and go down till you are at the bridge leading to the prize room

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:37 pm

It hasn't really increased in length. The only change is the maze at the start, there are 2 ways to get into the Box Maze.

The Invis maze also has a possible outcome. Which I am still having trouble memorizing. Especially with a Duriel chasing me. Then again, I run back to the corner and summon something for him to kill.

Plus, we cannot do the tele trick to get from the zig-zag to the bombing room.
have a question about the gauntlet... i cant pass it trhough, i mean i have seen a video that shows the way trough the labyrinth and i do exactly the same when i run self, but in the second one i got stuck because the way is missing!!,
As I said, you must have ran into the 2nd maze.
Last edited by Hellwolf_36 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Death-Enforcer
Paladin

Post by Death-Enforcer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:57 am

anyone got ANY suggestions for my MEGA 0 fps problem, the gauntlet is SUPPOSED to be a test of skill, which I'm finding running it, VERY easy, however... when you can't move anywhere due to having 0 frames per second from about 50 bazillion catapults firing and doing nothing, its a VERY annoying place to be, anny suggestions?
Death is the only Constant

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:53 pm

hmm maybe try playing windowed mode ... it could maybe solve your 0fps problem ... at least I never ever get stuck in gauntlet this way due to low framerate :)

hope this helps

Death-Enforcer
Paladin

Post by Death-Enforcer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 am

I always play in window mode LOL, so your suggestion doesn't help at all xD its quite brutal, it actually goes to no frame movement at all after a while if I don't get out ( I can hear sounds but screen wont change) at which point ALL I can do is close D2 and re-open it :(

Mullidulli

Post by Mullidulli » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Mhhh, it really seems, that the way is different as seen on the spolier map on the nez homepage.

I tried the hint ther tooo, to move down until you are in the same row than the bridge, but I can't find the right way to get to them damn bridge, I'm stuck for hours now here in the invisible room and there is no wa I can find to get to the bridge... :cry: :cry: :cry:

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:38 pm

SPOILER:

Try the following-->

After entering the room go left for about 10 metres then upwards ... the main "hint" AA gave us was that you have to pass ALL those floating spheres reducing your stamina & mana ... to tell the truth its a neverending story of going up/down/left/right

Whereas the beginning seems like linked on the page (at least almost)

the most important thing I can add is --> try it as you would in a real maze ...

keep going left at EVERY possibility ... sooner or later you will find the exit ;-)
(though it can be extremely boring and frustrating ... - but once you got it, the next time it'll be a LOT easier)

enjoy ;)

Mullidulli

Post by Mullidulli » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:38 am

Thx, I got it. ;)

Death-Enforcer
Paladin

Post by Death-Enforcer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:17 pm

*BEST HINT FOR GAUNTLET*

(Gauntlet is by far easy...)

All that you need to complete the gauntlet is... a computer that can handle all the stuff flying around, and the swarms of monsters, quite literally this is what stops me from doing the gauntlet, and aside from that I can do hell gauntlet at level 500 on a barb and he doesn't even take damage... he just gets stuck cause I lag like mad...

dnsfpl
Paladin

Post by dnsfpl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

started playing Nezeramontias mod 2 weeks ago

finally completed this uber quest all thanks to the tips even

thought so lucky, got 3 prizes, end up all the same :x

next mission, YHWH :twisted:

Return to “Nezeramontias”