How does one obtain Demogorgon's Mystery Egg?

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

zephira

How does one obtain Demogorgon's Mystery Egg?

Post by zephira » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:59 pm

I've wondering if I'm just crazy unlucky or if it's acquired in a different way... I got it years ago (lost that save), but I can't remember how.
Except for a handful, I've acquired each eggs 3+ times, and most of those I've acquired 5+ times each. I'm missing two eggs: Treasure Maggot & Demogorgon (funny, 2 of the 4 eggs I care the most about).

I've used probably ~600-700 eggs so far... so what's the point of the Eggometer if I can't even acquire it? Not to mention I really want the Demogorgon Shield to help me with Kagero and the Gauntlet.
At this point, if I'm just being unlucky, I'd rather use someone else's shared stash file and fetch it from there, so if someone could point me to one, that would be appreciated. :)

Also, I'm curious if there is any difference between fighting Polar Worm, Remorazh, Gutsraven, or acquiring through the Gauntlet/Kagero in terms of Mystery Egg number? I'm currently going with Remorazh as I think it has the "highest level" drops, and I've still gotten a ton of single digit Mystery Eggs. Of course, always in Hell.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: How does one obtain Demogorgon's Mystery Egg?

Post by prodigypm » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=49878 - Its demogorgons egg n.79 , its pure luck though.Keep on grinding,you will get there eventually. The point of the eggometer is to summon the strongest boss YHWH.with risk to repeat myself but you ask about this 2 times , you need to get egg n.79 and get a eggometer to summon it.
:) Have fun this is one of the greatest mods ever - for barb lovers that is. :)
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

zephira

Post by zephira » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Well yes, but the Eggometer also gives you the Mystery Egg's number when cubed with a Mystery Egg. Given that I've acquired 77/79 Mystery Eggs, and given that one of them is Demogorgon itself, the only use THAT recipe will get is to help me find the Treasure Maggot Egg. I know all about YHWM, Fought the bastard back then. But it's the biggest chore in the world to craft its summoning item. :p

And I came back to this mod because I have a friend to play with over TCP/IP. I didn't remember the mod being so grindfesty tough. I don't see what's fun about doing a thousand Kagero runs trying to gets souls and the Skill Amulet. At least most Gauntlet runs you get something worth your trip.
But yeah, right now trying to get Demogorgon is no fun at all. It's a pointless stupid chore. Sure, I got a handful new eggs in my last 6 hours of Mystery Egg Grinding, but that sure doesn't make me feel accomplished; it's just depressing. The mod does have a great crafting system like I remember it having. And the +level required stones really need to be more available before the Gauntlet.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Yeah dude , if you love the mod you should know its almost endless due to grinding.I personally had a 620ish level char and quit due to being sick grinding for some useless "achievments". Well I guess you play it until your win or its fun for you.If you however wish to accomplish everything in it you may have my good luck wishes.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

zephira

Post by zephira » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Oh no, while normally I am against grinding, it's because of the unrewarding nature of it. In most games, it's just acquiring levels, or some sort of currency to buy stuff.
Nezeramontias actually allows you to make grinding faster and more effective (ton of Extra Gold % and reduce all vendor prices allowing you to boost your stats faster than ever? Hell yeah). But relying entirely on RNG without another option is stupid. It's not like Nezeramontias did it worse than vanilla; far from it. We got recipes that allow us to craft any set or unique we want except for the rare, special ones. You can dupe a perfect diversity stones with just a magic mirror. If anything, these methods are TOO convenient, but I really don't mind. :p In fact, {filtered} everything about farming 10 years to get a Windforce or a Zod.

But that's the thing, I'm sure I'm plenty strong enough to beat YHMW (I kill Satan/Lucifer in 1 hit, it can't be THAT bad). And I can't fight it. And I sometimes die in Kagero/Gauntlet just from a lack of a Demogorgon shield because of those stupid Duriel clones and their Charge.

The mod is fantastic; it just has a few terrible flaws. But yeah, once I beat YHMW it's probably just going to be a bit more grinding then quit the game.

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 pm

If you want to play on Hamachi tell me,I've finished it (character lvl 750 and beat yhwh)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:11 am

I pretty much agree on most of those points :) feel free to try out other mods when you finish , there are plenty non-RNG dependend around here.About Zod And Windforce. Its was easy when you farm on a regular basis with friends. maybe 2-3 weeks of hardcore runs and a lot of mules :D

Return to “Nezeramontias”