Has anyone managed to get more modern QOL mods like resolution/item filters working on nezeramontias?

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

Scrangos
Puerto Rico

Has anyone managed to get more modern QOL mods like resolution/item filters working on nezeramontias?

Post by Scrangos » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:36 am

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get better resolution, item filter, ddraw filters etc working for nez. I cant seem to find 1.10 versions for these and modding mods without permission isnt kosher (not to mention bordering on impossible).

dfnord
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Has anyone managed to get more modern QOL mods like resolution/item filters working on nezeramontias?

Post by dfnord » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:41 am

I tried getting most of these done, but managed only to get auto gold pickup and item filters working. Since I'm using the D2SE version, adding the D2mod system is easy, which makes adding these two features easy as well. I did get the source code for the item filters plugin though, so that I could change and recompile it more to my liking. Some good soul on Eastern Sun's discord helped me figure out how to build it with Visual Studio.

High resolution is possible with D2ExpRes, but it doesn't seem to be any way to make it work with Plugy's shared Stash. Escape from the afterlife is a 1.10 mod that does this, but has to disable shared stashes. Reign of Shadows is another 1.10 mod with high resolution, but they built it themselves, so they managed to make it work with plugy's shared stash. As far as I can tell, they haven't shared their work as a D2mod plugin though.

Scrangos
Puerto Rico

Re: Has anyone managed to get more modern QOL mods like resolution/item filters working on nezeramontias?

Post by Scrangos » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks for the reply!

Did you manage to get D2ExpRes working with nez? Its working on a clean 1.10 using -direct -txt. But when i replace the patch mpq with nez I get a crash that reads:

LvlTbls.cpp, line #826
Expression: Error in DLRG related to stairs that connect levels.

Maybe has to do with the cow level trapdoor in act1?

As far as plugy, i think it can work, as long as you set ActiveBigStash=0 and ActiveNewStatsInterface=0. It is scrambing the locations of the ui pieces though... but since I havnt gotten d2ExpRes to work with nez, i havnt gone any further in testing it. Ill look for the d2mod plugins for gold and item filters, didnt realize those existed.

Edit: Apparently the clean nez mod does not play nice with txt, not 100% on direct. It worked with D2SE, whatever the d2se nez plugin did to the mpq made it work with d2expres without the txt command. without the txt files it seems the expres is defaulting to the nez inventory size... or a vanilla inventory size. the ui is a bit scrambled and i need to do more testing. plugy loaded fine and i can navigate the pages.

Whats the item filter you mentioned?

dfnord
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dfnord » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:39 am

I gave up on getting d2ExpRes to work with Nez.

About the filter, I'm using the one from Eastern Sun: https://github.com/LoDAlphA/Eastern-Sun-Rises-D2-HackIt

I modified it a bit, which was pretty easy since the Visual Studio project files are included with repository.

Here is a list of Nez specific itemcodes I've discovered with a modified dll:

Code: Select all

m03 Blacksmith Hammer
m04 Anvil
az0 Alcibie Gloves
ggr Golem Gear
jsd Jewel sword
00b Shotgun Shells
01b Machine Gun Clips
02b Grenade Pack
03b Gatling Gun Ammo
05b Energy Pack
07b Handgun Bullets
bu1 Battery
bu2 Cell
spg Shinning Poison
fuk Burning Orb
cb1 Chill Ball
tet Teeth
egb Energy Ball
cr1 Nature's Symbol
met Morsel
eth Fairy Tear
mba Money Bag
ts3 Throwing Star
hwa Holy Water
cmn Corpse Mine
ept Potion of Experience 1000
ep2 Potion of Experience 2000
ep3 Potion of Experience 4000
ep4 Potion of Experience 8000
cro Cross
c10 Inf Mana
cr2 Nature's Symbol
skl Skill Coins
sgt Item Arm
p36 Boom Brick
rcb Special Recipes Book
00f Bananas
05f Radish
04f Pineapple
06f Pear
p15 Stone of Fire Strength
p16 Zap Stone
p17 Stone of Poison Strength
p27 Stone of Cold Mastery
p29 Stone of Lightning Mastery
p30 Stone of Poison Mastery
p31 Stone of Magic Mastery
If you need more help, you can easily find me on the Phrozen Keep's or Easter Sun's discord. If you need more help for extra modding, I highly recommend the Phrozen Keep discord. Both discords are quite active.

Scrangos
Puerto Rico

Post by Scrangos » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:14 am

dfnord wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:39 am
I gave up on getting d2ExpRes to work with Nez.
Someone else managed to do it, im not 100% sure how yet. But I found out a LOT of the problems I have with nez are due to ASLR, not compatibility or settings.

Ive installed it on a VM and after a fair bit of trial and error (plugy 10 or 14 didnt wanna work, only 9) i got it running. I'll try setting up a clean install with just expres to see if it runs with the vanilla nez file or the vanilla d2se file. To start ill compile the belt/inventory bins in the d2expres mod to run them with direct and without txt. Ill keep you posted.

Edit: Okay I successfully tested d2expres with nez under the VM. Looks like most of the errors were ASLR related. It does need to be run with the -direct command though. And after compiling the txt files into bins (by crashing the game once with both direct and txt and deleting everything thats not inventory or belt off the excel folder) it uses the default d2expres layout and i guess increases the nez inventory size. I'll see if I can get plugy working ontop of that on a non d2se version.

marinero
Peru

Post by marinero » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:47 pm

Excuse me, maybe this question is not here. can you do that in normal diablo 2? maybe taking some files from d2r. It's for my private server

Return to “Nezeramontias”