[New Project] A Pledge To Evil

Information and updates the APTE mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The project was cancelled.

Moderator: Volf

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

[New Project] A Pledge To Evil

Post by Volf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:04 am

Title: A Pledge To Evil

Staff:
Writer - kiwivagrant
Monster converter - xenast supported by Phrozen Heart
Uniqueitem Creators - U47, reiyo_oki and SirNimajneb
News manager - whatnot and kiwivagrant
Skill Creator - Hygiliak
Runeword Creator - SirNimajneb
Misc Modder - reiyo_oki

A pledge to Evil Takes place in the surroundings of ccm but the concept of easy dropps and ower powered easy gained items is the past.
The future is a mod where items are a bit trickyer to acuire but the vartiety is larger than in the original ccm world.
At the moment we are working on changeing the atmosphere in some locations and some secret subquests are also being developed

The modd will mostly follow the original story with a few exeptions, however along the story there are aditional storys that form subquests.
I will not give alot of information about the quests just a few hints and screenies now and then..

The screenshots can be viewed in Pledge To Evil Gallery at my main site

More details will be revealed once the project is further along

Edit.. Updated the staff list
Last edited by Volf on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:07 am

This seems like as a good a place as any to give a shout out to the fans of the ccm series :)

As far as my job goes, you can expect alot of new monsters, old ones won't be replaced as far as I know :)

Nightwolfe_Bloodmoon_BR

Re: [New Project] A Pledge To Evil

Post by Nightwolfe_Bloodmoon_BR » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:45 pm

Will the game ber harder then vanilla D2 in terms of monsters and monster skills?? I have been hoping for a decently hard mod for a while. Not impossible but a bit harder then normal. Ex. shamans with fireballs on normal, inferno on nightmare, firewall on hell. Personally I think it would be great if most monsters had some kind of skills.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:00 pm

As far as monsters skills ect, nothing is set in stone. Most monster configuration will happen near mod completion, which is still a ways off.

Overall the game will provide more of a challenge then Vanilla D2 though.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: [New Project] A Pledge To Evil

Post by Volf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:36 pm

[quote=Nightwolfe_Bloodmoon_BR";p="194351"]Will the game ber harder then vanilla D2 in terms of monsters and monster skills?? I have been hoping for a decently hard mod for a while. Not impossible but a bit harder then normal. Ex. shamans with fireballs on normal, inferno on nightmare, firewall on hell. Personally I think it would be great if most monsters had some kind of skills.[/quote]
In some aspects the game will be harder and in some it might be easyer,, the plan is thou to make it a bit more challengeing but not to hard coz thats not fun eighter.
Like xenast stated we havent panned monster skills yet,, first priority is to get the Pledge to Evil world built up, loads of detailes will be based on the new enviroment and the final story.

Return to “A Pledge To Evil”