Old Skills Post

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Shadow Empires.

Moderators: Black Heart, Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: [Character] - The Feyling

Post by Joel » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:34 pm

>> Added screenies into Skill Description
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:53 pm

8-O Amazing as usual... :mrgreen:
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

BrotherDog
Paladin

Re: [Character] - The Dark Hunter

Post by BrotherDog » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:21 am

By the way is this the Shap-shifting Archer, I'd heard about?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:57 am

shapeshifting archer o_O ????

Tyd
Paladin

Post by Tyd » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:37 am

at least shapeshifting archer sounds funny ^^.

BrotherDog
Paladin

Post by BrotherDog » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:43 am

Oops, I must've missinterperated one of the class descriptions. But, why not? The 'Quill Bear' would be perfect for the beast form.
Last edited by BrotherDog on Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

[Character] - The Beastmaster

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:50 pm

Beastmasters are rogue warrior living near the Southern frontier of the realms in the jungle of Lithyram. Most of them are members of a tribal society called the Gusta. Gusta tribes have been roaming the Jungle for centuries before they got 'evangelized' by True Faith Templar. During the 'pacification' process, most Gustan fight for thezir freedom and lifes with powers templar had barely saw before. The greatest Gustan shaman fought using their ancestral animal bond and swept out the Templar phalanx. For years, the true Faith Clergy avoided the Lithyram jungle, despite the large income it represents in term of ore and magical devices. Gusta tribes decided to select a few of their best shaman and train them to become beastmasters, defenders of their history.

Beastmasters seem to be more encline to go North. Some starnge events occured in Lythiram that forced some of them to seek out help in the inner most realms of the continent. The fact that soemthing or someone can force Gustan shaman to move on is disturbing, even for the over confident Templars.

COMBAT SKILLS
Totems are self-auras that add an effect to your attacks and go under the right mouse button.

BRUTALIZE .2h.
:dual wielding attack that adds a lot of enhanced damage but also negative red-dmg.

TOTEM OF THE LION .totem.
:totem that adds % enhanced damage to your other attacks. It's best to use this with an actual melee skill, but being an aura it works with everything else as well, such as bows and throwing weapons, in case you're variant minded.

TOMAHAWK
:throws an axe that does your normal attack damage and knocks back the target. Added points increase range, which starts out real small. Can be used with any weapon.

TOTEM OF THE HYENA .totem.
:totem that adds a % chance to make monster flee to your other attacks based on skill level. Good in combination with an area effect attack to get out of jams.

CHICKIN LICKIN
:melee attack that emits 3 hunting chickens that inflict a percentage of your normal attack damage when they go over enemies. Added points increase the number of chickens: you get 1 extra chicken per 2 skill points.

TOTEM OF THE VULTURE .totem.
:totem that adds a variable amount of life steal to your other attacks based on skill level.

DOMINATION .2h.
:dual wielding attack that adds a lot of physical resistance and enhanced damage. The bm's tank skill - and it's a dual wielding skill to boot.

EAGLE FLIGHT
:throws a multishot of homing axes. They do not knock back and only home in once, and do 50% of your normal attack damage. You get 3 at level 1, plus 1 per two skill levels. Can be used with any weapon.

TOTEM OF THE BEAR .totem.
:totem that adds a variable amount of stun length to your other attacks based on skill level.

ROLLING THUNDER
:melee attack that emits a slow moving, invisible shockwave that does damage to all enemies in front of the user.

SUMMONING
Summoned animals get a HP and damage boost when you summon them while standing near enemies, if you have the Friendship skill.

SUMMON BERSERK BOAR
:summons a boar. Low HP, low attack, overall garbage, but it's level 1 for a reason. You get five at all skill levels.

FRIENDSHIP .passive.
:passive that improves your summoned animals when standing near enemies. The bonus is based on the enemy's level [see above] and also on your Friendship skill level.

ENCHANTED BEAKS .passive.
:boars suck, but with this skill they get a powerful area effect attack - three hunting chickens similar to those of Chickin Lickin, but doing a fixed amount of damage instead of a percentage of melee damage. Added points increase the damage done, and you get one extra chicken every five levels. The boars may be weak, but the chickens turn them into a powerful attack summon. :)

SUMMON GREAT WOLF
:summons a wolf. Good hit points for its size and level, but very low damage. You get two of them at all skill levels.

ENCHANTED FANGS .passive.
:gives the wolf an area effect attack - a wave of five spikes that inflict damage to enemies in front of the attacking wolf. Added points increase the damage of the spikes, and you get +1 spike every three skill levels.

SUMMON GHOST PANTHER
:summons a panther. Low hit points, but a fast attack rate and slow target on striking. You get two of them at all skill levels.

ENCHANTED HIDE .passive.
:seeing a pattern? The difference is that this one goes off when struck and not when striking. It fires a nova of spikes that do damage to all surrounding enemies.

SUMMON THUNDER BEAR
:summons a bear. You only get one at all skill levels, but it has the most HP and damage of all of them. No stun attack.

BLOOD RAGE .passive.
:gives minions a blood rage attack that increases their damage when they get hit.

ENCHANTED CLAWS .passive.
:gives the bear a hit-skill that looks like a golden TeethExplode flare on the target and does physical damage based on the amount of HP the bear has lost. The closer to death the bear is, the more damage it does. When it is at full HP, it does no damage. Added points increase the damage dealt per HP point lost.

SPIRITISM
Mostly wards, and other misc crap. The wards are placed like a trap and emit an aura radius. You can only have one of each type, but the different types can be used alongside each other. After hitting an enemy, your wards are stronger until you get hit back, much like the templar's combat skills.

FERAL HEALING
:point and click buff that heals your allies - similar to the templar's Isaias skill, but every minion-based character needs a way to HEAL their minions, at least if there is a way to improve your minions by summoning them at the right time [in the templar's case, after killing an enemy, and in the bm's case, when standing near an enemy]. Anyway, it's called 'Feral' Healing because it gets a bonus from hitting the target - see the templar's combat skills tree.

BEAST WARD .ward.
:summons a ward that gives a set value of enhanced damage based on skill level to anyone within the ward's radius. The bonus is not a percentage, but a set addition - the dmg modifier - so it doesn't stack with other damage enhancing bonuses.

TRIBAL MAGIC .passive.
:passive that makes it so that ward effects improve when you cast them while standing near a summoned animal of yours.

VOODOO WARD .ward.
:summons a ward that gives increased physical resistance to anyone within the ward's radius. Stacks with Domination for the ultimate tankmaster character. :)

TRIBAL RITUAL .passive.
:passive that increases the number of wards of a specific type you can cast. You can cast one of each type by default, but for every point into this skill you get one more ward. Don't max it [duh], but put a few points here anyway - 1 ward isn't too much.

HEALING WARD .ward.
:summons a ward that gives a large amount of life regeneration to anyone within the ward's radius. Yep, like the one in War3.

SPIRIT WARD .ward.
:summons a ward that gives increased resistances to anyone within the ward's radius. An useful primary ward in a party with lots of spellcasters.

INNER CRITTER
:turns your enemy into a quill rat! This slows them down by 75% and reduces their attack, cast and hit recovery speed by 66%. Has a radius of 1 and a short duration, but totally takes them out of the fight for as long as it lasts. :D

ALPHA WARD .ward.
:summons a ward that gives % thorns to anyone within the ward's radius. Cornerstone of the 'minions + gosu thorns' build. :)

MOUNTAIN GOD
:when cast, turns you into living stone and gives you immunity to everything for a few seconds. Has a 10 second casting timer, and lasts for a variable duration based on skill level and starting at 1 second and increasing to 5 seconds at level 20.
Last edited by Brother Laz on Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Re: [Character] - The Beastmaster

Post by DeClineD » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:13 pm

Very nice... And once again, I'm so happy to see that you are working on this great mod... Can't wait to the beta release... :mrgreen:
Terms of Service

LiNkIn_PaRk

Post by LiNkIn_PaRk » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:41 pm

Looking good!

Aedeon

Post by Aedeon » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:43 am

I like most of the skills, has some decent ideas for melee skills but

CHICKIN LICKIN
:melee attack that emits 3 hunting chickens that inflict a percentage of your normal attack damage when they go over enemies. Added points increase the number of chickens: you get 1 extra chicken per 2 skill points.

wtf?

I like the general idea behind the skill but is it possible you could make it something slightly less laughable then chickens? and change the name?

EDIT/
and why does the feyling get stampete instead of the beastmaster?
Last edited by Aedeon on Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
confidant . . . cocky . . . lazy . . . dead

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:57 am

We can’t be serious all the time! :mrgreenjester:

A bunch of hell-bent frenzied chicken can be a bit terrifying.{M}

“ Wahoo you see the size of that chicken”
Young Guns
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:46 am

Oh no, stick with the chickens! that is great! :)

I can't wait to see this skill!
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:55 am

/me wants to see some screenie's:):)
As usual... :mrgreen:
Terms of Service

BrotherDog
Paladin

Post by BrotherDog » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:20 pm

Yes, yes, Laz, we must have chickens. :cool: Those who don't like it are the son's of window dressers! :mrgreen:
Maybe we could send them a large wooden badger..............??? ;)
Last edited by BrotherDog on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:25 pm

[quote=Aedeon";p="163187"]
CHICKIN LICKIN

I like the general idea behind the skill but is it possible you could make it something slightly less laughable then chickens? and change the name?[/quote]

I could have made it tornadoes or ravens instead, but then people would not even notice it. The point is that for non-dual-wielders there are two main skills - Chickin Lickin and Rolling Thunder - and considering RT is about two tiers higher, everyone would ignore the lower level skill without even trying it [the Whirlwind mindset] unless it had something special about it.

[quote=Aedeon";p="163187"]
EDIT/
and why does the feyling get stampete instead of the beastmaster?[/quote]

Because Stampede is about a month older than the beastmaster. Back then there wasn't a beastmaster, just a blank barbarian.

As for why the feyling got that skill, ask Joel; it's his character. I suppose between the feyling, vampyre and dark ranger, the feyling was the most suitable.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Lets see, how about "Cock Master" with emitting Fighting Cocks!! :twisted:

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:45 pm

I think Chicken Licken would "cluck 'em up" enough. :twisted:
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:11 am

hmmm, dryads are headless green amazons? reminds me of something out of a monty python sketch :lol: very neat.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:51 am

[quote=mouse";p="163400"]hmmm, dryads are headless green amazons? reminds me of something out of a monty python sketch :lol: very neat.[/quote]

hmmm o_O they DO have a head , look closer

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:20 am

[quote=Joel";p="163404"][quote=mouse";p="163400"]hmmm, dryads are headless green amazons? reminds me of something out of a monty python sketch :lol: very neat.[/quote]

hmmm o_O they DO have a head , look closer[/quote]

grmmm. i can't see it.
maybe:

a) my eyes are bad
b) the colors blend in on my monitor
c) its some kind of subconscious statement about how i view women :roll: *hopes wife is not reading*
d) there is gas leaking from the stove in the next room into my small, windowless, alcove

[edit: ok i dl'd the image and zoomed it like 20 times, i can see a little line that looks like a uni-brow, is that the head?]

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: [Character] - The Vampyre

Post by Vendanna » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:13 pm

[quote=Joel";p="154466"]Necrosophy : knowledge about death and dead in general.[/quote]

Actually I think you wanted to say "Necrologia", Necrosophy for me sounds more like philosophy but for necromancers =/

Necro from latin is Death or I think so, while logos is knowledge, the Necrosophy word is new for me (you know, is not used by a lot of people, and necrologia is an actual Magic card)

and for the skills, for the moment the Vampyre sounds greats and has a Strong theme, really different that usual characters, congrats :thumb:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Tyd
Paladin

Post by Tyd » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:03 pm

i would vore for a) mouse ^^. i can see the head even on the normal screenshot. but because the hair is dark green and the skin green, i think its a bit hard the see in the background

WhiteRhymes

Post by WhiteRhymes » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:52 am

ya i really think stamped should b for beastmaster.. cant u guys move it? or swap a skill from beastmaster to felying for it? or SOMETHING!

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:56 am

Yah, Stampede seems like more of a beast master skill. Maybe you could make a version for the beast master where it's all horses that come and drop horse apples on the enemies. :lol:

Brutalize, Domination? Now those are my kind of skill names. How do I know this? They were going to be names of skills in my mod. :(

I like what you've done with the summons. Very nice! :)
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:52 am

[quote=WhiteRhymes";p="164483"]ya i really think stamped should b for beastmaster.. cant u guys move it? or swap a skill from beastmaster to felying for it? or SOMETHING![/quote]

Well we have the advantage of knowing all the details of the skill. And so are the best suited to placing the skill to the correct character. Each skill tree was custom built to the character by Laz and Joel.

And so saying I do not think that the skill will be changing classes. ;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Return to “Shadow Empires”