crash....

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

Gozzar

crash....

Post by Gozzar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:04 am

every time im getting help from a higher lvl char i crash...
if its a higher lvl in the game then me i crash!!! :x WHY=????

HexenLord
Paladin

Re: crash....

Post by HexenLord » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:26 am

its not all high lvl chars.. ive found chars lower levels than me that crash me out.. even chars under lvl 50. but it does seem to involve chars of a decent level.

Gozzar

Post by Gozzar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:00 am

vega has to fix this quick :cry:

HexenLord
Paladin

Post by HexenLord » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:29 am

Pixel and I had a small discussion about this and he did some testing and agreed that it seems to have something to do with auras. Vega, you might want to remove auras from gemwords and uniques to try and fix this problem. If not, at least pick a specific item to give the aura, i.e. armors are the only items to grant players special auras, eliminating the possiblity of players gaining multiple auras from multiple items as this seems to make the problem worse.

flammiebc

Post by flammiebc » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:54 am

Just as an aside...me and a friend were having similar problems in TCP/IP games, when I was getting holy fire & resist fire from my sword and shield. But the weird part was, he only crashed if he was off-screen (or incoming) when I had the items on. If I had them off, and equipped one or both when I was visible to him, he wouldnt crash then, but rather would upon seeing me for a second time (e.g., taking a TP, then me immediately following him in).

In vanilla 1.10 it was possible to have fanaticism (beast), thorns (bramble), and defiance (exile) all at once, so I'm wondering if its just a coding bug....strange.

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:43 am

I've Crashed people with my druid. The druid has no aura items on. Hence, ITS NOT THE AURA'S. I've experienced this problem in IP games since 1.08 mods, its a mod related problem. I dont know how to narrow it.
Owner and single Modder of Kingdom of Tenai

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

HexenLord
Paladin

Post by HexenLord » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:51 am

I NEVER experienced this problem playing on the ES realm, even back when the realm had thousands of characters.. and nearly a hundred playing at any given time. This never seemed to be a problem then.

Gozzar

Post by Gozzar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:46 am

my game crashes wen i travel to a act... not if i use wp but if i talk to warriv... go true portal in act4 .. u get the point ....

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”